Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Buying a New Car? Do it now.

1. #1 Default Buying a New Car? Do it now. 
    Hey guys,

From time to time, I share with you guys some industry insights.

This is one i had to share.

There is a perfect storm happening for the New Car buyer right now.

New Car Supply: High

Used Car Supply: Low

New Car Incentives: High

Used Car Prices: High

What does that mean? What you are driving is more in demand than ever. Therefore, you are going to see higher trade in offers than you ever will again.

New Car Supply? There are Plenty of Leftover 2011's and a good amount of 2012's on the lot. Dealers need these 2011's gone, and the manufacturers have put huge incentives on them (You can get almost $10k off the sticker of a new Chevrolet Silverado 1500!!)

Used Car Supply? In 2007, when I bought cars at the Auction. The local Auction ran roughly 2000 cars each sale, they are now barely running 800 cars each sale. Same with another local auction who used to run 4000 cars an auction, now less than 2000 cars. (thank Obama, and also thank the Bad economy)

Used Car Prices? Higher than ever because there is less to choose from, a dealer would much rather trade a car in than buy it at auction.

Exceptions to the Rule? Honda CR-V, Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima. They are hard to get, and the manufacturer has a shortage. You will pay sticker.

Between now and the end of December, there will be some of the best deals you have seen in years.

Remember, mods don't add value, they actually diminish it. Specialty 2012 vehicles do not have incentives. Deal with the sales manager directly, don't let them play the middle man game.

Happy Shopping!

2. #2 Default  
    building on this, does that mean in a couple of years I can expect used car prices to drop significantly?
    Oh Yeah!

3. #3 Default  
    Only if Manufacturers sales go up over the next few years

in 08/09/10 manufactures sales were down from as high as 17million new vehicles in in 2006 to as low as 9million in 2009. So there are just Less used cars available.

We predict to get back up to 14million in 2014, and top out around 15 million new vehicles yearly in 2015.

I think by 2014/2015 you'll see used car prices drop again as the market levels out (and resets itself) unless we dip into another recession or we invade another oil country.

To answer your question, yes.

4. #4 Default  
    i think i'm buying on wednesday.....

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    i think i'm buying on wednesday.....
    Hey that's my Birthday!

Goodluck! Did you find a good dealer?

6. #6 Default  
    Manchester Subaru has the most WRX's of any dealer near me. I'm pretty sure i can get a good deal out of them after visiting tonight. And i'm getting about what i expected for trade in on the camry from them.

7. #7 Default  
    Mom is in the process of buying a new car (likely an a6)...forwarded this info. Thanks for the write-up Chris (any tips for buying an audi?)...Herb Chambers (i know...) Audi is the closest to us

and anyone who is interested---they are getting in on trade this week a black on black rs4...guy is picking up an r8...want that rs4

8. #8 Default  
    Before you buy from Herb, check out Mattie Imports, they're in fall river, but will beat pretty much any deal by any dealer, and deliver the car, and paperwork to your door.

Thread Information