Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Automotive Trends for 2012

1. #1 Default Automotive Trends for 2012 
    What do you guys think we'll see more or less of over the course of the next year? We've seen lots of styles come and go over the past couple years.

I think the whole stance thing is going to stick around, the air suspension crowd will never die and they all love it. I do hope the "so low it scrapes everywhere and I brag about breaking my oil pan" thing dies in a fire though.
    Wheel finishes will start to get more unique, like what Luxury Abstract is doing and fegmike's wheels getting plastered all over the internet
    I think we'll see a return to more "clean" cars, minimalistic cars if you will. Subtle body mods and color changes.
    Also we will continue to see VIP take off.

What do you think?

2. #2 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    What do you guys think we'll see more or less of over the course of the next year? We've seen lots of styles come and go over the past couple years.

I think the whole stance thing is going to stick around, the air suspension crowd will never die and they all love it. I do hope the "so low it scrapes everywhere and I brag about breaking my oil pan" thing dies in a fire though.
    Wheel finishes will start to get more unique, like what Luxury Abstract is doing and fegmike's wheels getting plastered all over the internet
    I think we'll see a return to more "clean" cars, minimalistic cars if you will. Subtle body mods and color changes.
    Also we will continue to see VIP take off.

What do you think?
    I agree...I hope this ugly wheels looking good thing dies too...ie fifteen52 tarmacs Ken block will be huge again for doing nothing any teenager would do with proper funds. Hybrids will rise and we will see more crazy HP cars come into production.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    What Graffix said
    KAIZEN TUNING | RAW FOCUS MEDIA | AUTOMOTOFOTO

3. #3 Default  
    hopefully matte cars and super epic concave die in a fire. although I think it will take another year for super epic concave.
    Father of Phiff

4. #4 Default  
    oni camber

5. #5 Default  
    I think we will actually see more companies going for a little less HP and trying to balance out their cars more. Given that they have spent a good amount of time on aerodynamic research to improve fuel economy, I see them shifting their focus to lighter cars with a better driving experience that include the aerodynamics.. Even your average housewife seems to want a car that makes driving a little more fun now.

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    hopefully matte cars and super epic concave die in a fire. although I think it will take another year for super epic concave.
    this please.....
    '86 325es - MTechnic I - s54tu
    '89 325is
    '08 RS4

7. #7 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I still like matte cars, and with manufacturers offering it now, I bet it takes a while longer to go anywhere.

And concave wheels have been around for a decade at least. I remember seeing a set of 5 spoke anterras I wanted for my ml that were pretty cool looking
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

8. #8 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I would like to see more led wheels... That would be the best for all of us!
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

9. #9 Default  
    whatever i do next...

10. #10 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by fatmike View Post
    whatever i do next...
    fag

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    fag

12. #12 Default  
    Sadly its all gonna be LED this, LED that
    Porsche 991 GT3
    Green/ Black Iridescent
    HRE P101-IPE Catless Exhaust- Techart Steering Wheel-991R/ Classic Livery- Carbon Fiber Exterior Package

13. #13 Default  
    You mean this isn't cool?

Matt

14. #14 Default  
    y i want to stay in the vip world, seems to be getting more and more attention....leds ftw lmao

15. #15 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bader.abbas View Post
    Sadly its all gonna be LED this, LED that
    So sick of that shit, saw a range today with the most fucked up LEDs in the headlights, no pattern, looked totally random and just totally stupid, it looked good on the Audi, but now it just looks tacky and cheap and everyone else just looks like they are blatantly copying but never surpassing what Audi did

16. #16 Default  
    ^^yes to many r now putting leds for the sake of putting them their. RR do have a awk led layout. id like to see more LS600(jdm) foglight stuff. led plus projector based, looks very clean!

17. #17 Default  
    I think demon camber will die. I see neon colors and graphics coming back into vogue. Face it, the 90's styles are back. Why not in the automotive world, too? 3-piece molded spoilers are due to come back whether stinger style or duckbill off the trunk. The style of eligible cars would support it, being ***** bean shaped and all. I also see a return to big stereo building at some point soon. Now, stereos and ice for the most part seems to be just for show, whereas there used to be a huge spl and sq following where sound was primary and the form followed. I see in the next few years people will concentrate more on the function than form.

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from Cranial-Rectal Inversion

Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    Older cars just have more soul
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Fanatic View Post
    Can you imagine if we had 2 Rich's on this forum? oye

Thread Information