Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: What I want today (Non-Car Edition)

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
  1. #381 Default  
    we went out a bunch this season. Have about 50 lobster traps to set and collect.

Probably bring it down to 20 or so for next season (if we have a boat in time)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    you have issues.

2. #382 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i think we took our boat out all of 4 times last season, what a waste
    Tfti
    Oh Yeah!

3. #383 Default  
    I like the off color of the non skid on the deck of that boat
    -Mike
    2006 Quarter Pounder Sport GT with cheese.

4. #384 Default  
    It may not be as expensive as you think. I need to look up who's making them. If that's the company I'm thinking of, they make center consoles that look a bit like Hinckleys with outboards. Go to the Maine Boatbuilders show in March and you'll probably see at least one company offering these. I looked them up and I was thinking of Eastern Boats. Not sure if that's who made the one pictured.

In any case, head to the Maine boatbuilders show. There are probably a dozen places in Maine that will custom build your boat exactly as you want it. You can visit them and check the progress while the project's going on and everything. If you're interested, I'll gladly go to the show with you. http://www.portlandcompany.com/boatShow/

-Justin

5. #385 Default  
    Yeah... they're expensive.

The boat we just sold was just north of 100k for the entire build. No where as nice as the boat I posted above.

The guy who brokered the sale was actually the same company that built it. to build a a replacement , just the hull starts at 110. Then add 30k for motor, 5k for electronics. Another 5k for the hydraulics. Adds up. And this was just a simple 'work boat'

The one I posted above, it's still a downers lobster boat, but a little more refined. Wouldn't be the least bit suprised if it's $200k+
    Last edited by Intheflesh; 01-16-2016 at 02:31 PM.
    You.... have problems.
    you have issues.

6. #386 Default  
    I really like downeast style boats. I love the sailboats built around here, too. IMHO, Morris Yachts is the Singer of the sailboat world. I have no real interest in owning or operating one, but I could spend the better part of a day just admiring the details.

Are you looking for something more work boat? Despite the lines, I don't think I'd really want to pull lobster traps up on the deck of a Hinckley.

-Justin

7. #387 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    It says the commercial unit rents for $500/month, what do they get for the 1br apartments?

-Justin
    Got the run down: Commercial Unit: $500; Unit #1: $850; Unit #2: $700; Unit #3: $600; Unit #4: $875; Unit #5: $825
    Total: $4,350/month

Rent is in line with expectation, or in another words lower than ideal. If I have to guess, it is probably a shit-hole inside. That being said as a commercial property, the market for buyer isnt great. So either the seller can choose to hold firm and wait a long while, or give in to much lower offers.

The asking price of $449,000 isnt terrible in itself however. Going to check and see how it is in person and count beans to see if it make sense.
    Last edited by cheu_f50; 01-19-2016 at 05:26 PM.
    Oh Yeah!

8. #388 Default  
    Are those rents market value, or are some of the lower-priced units just filled with long-term occupants who haven't had their rent raised in a while? Or is there a huge difference between some of the units and others. I guess you haven't seen that and wouldn't know.

With the listing for sale not that long after buying this, I'm wondering if the seller ran into some trouble. Even if he did I guess he could hold onto it for as long as he wants as long as it covers its expenses.

-Justin

9. #389 Default  

Being a millionaire would probably be nice.
    "It was more passionate than just cuddling"

10. #390 Default  
    I had to look at that for a while before I realized someone didn't just cut & paste a boat ramp in a garage.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

11. #391 Default  
    clearly he's doing it right
    You.... have problems.
    you have issues.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Thread Information