Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Official 2012 Tax Thread

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverR8 View Post
    Did you check to see if you can just import your W2 from the payroll service used?
    Yup. Not there yet. In year's past it comes around the 26th

2. #42 Default  
    I just use Turbotax for my Federal. I don't have to pay state tax so nothing to file there. My taxes are always easy so I figured why pay H&R Block to rip me off when I don't get shit back for a return anyways?? This will be the third year in a row I've done my own taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    I stopped a moment like that too... I wiped Mat's cheek cause he had nutella all over his face

3. #43 Default  
    still no W2 online for my company either... ughhhh... Patiently waiting..

I do have a question though... The wife still needs to make her appt with her accountant, and i'm sure I can ask him, but I figure maybe jeff will have an answer..

My wife opened her barber shop last year. She didn't make any money other than tips... The business was slightly in the black for the year. I was planning on claiming her on my taxes as a dependent... Can I do this? Do I need to report her tips? They are circa $4k... Should I not claim her?

4. #44 Default  
    Another question... Looks like the Barber Shop has roughly 6k in losses (All Startup costs.. Money out of MY pocket)... What, if any of that can be expected to get back in a return?

5. #45 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by nperkins View Post
    Another question... Looks like the Barber Shop has roughly 6k in losses (All Startup costs.. Money out of MY pocket)... What, if any of that can be expected to get back in a return?
    Are you listed as the business owner? If so its goes under your business. Is there income against those losses though?

6. #46 Default  
    by "maybe jeff will have an answer" you don't mean me right? I'm lucky to keep myself out of jail with the stupid sh!t i try to pull off on my taxes. every year the IRS sends me nice happy letters with large sums of money they require me to pay sometimes this happens twice a year. if I ever give tax advice do the opposite.

and yes I'm doing my own taxes again this year.
    Father of Phiff

7. #47 Default  
    lolz our inside joking going to get people in jail

8. #48 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Are you listed as the business owner? If so its goes under your business. Is there income against those losses though?
    No. The business is 100% hers. I just gave her the startup cash. If by income you mean did the shop make money? Sure. Bills vs income the shop is actually in the black for the . Its all startup costs that are the losses. When I say WE, I more mean her filing for the shop, and then handing the check over to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    by "maybe jeff will have an answer" you don't mean me right? I'm lucky to keep myself out of jail with the stupid sh!t i try to pull off on my taxes. every year the IRS sends me nice happy letters with large sums of money they require me to pay sometimes this happens twice a year. if I ever give tax advice do the opposite.

and yes I'm doing my own taxes again this year.
    I'm a risk taker Jeff... Tell me some tricks lol jk..

9. #49 Default  
    No. The business is 100% hers. I just gave her the startup cash. If by income you mean did the shop make money? Sure. Bills vs income the shop is actually in the black for the . Its all startup costs that are the losses. When I say WE, I more mean her filing for the shop, and then handing the check over to me..

I think she (or the shop) has to claim the $6k as income, and it then becomes an investment for you.

Tough to claim, especially if it was cash. I'd ask your accountant

10. #50 Default  
    step 1: when they ask for gross income for the year make up a number much lower than your actual. (they really don't like this one)
    Father of Phiff

11. #51 Default  
    step 2: claim no income, then apply for welfare and food stamps while putting money into a bank account. (they like this even less)

12. #52 Default  
    Is this person deceased? YES
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?
    Retired Professional Troll

13. #53 Default  
    win i got some new ideas. 2011 will be a good return.
    Father of Phiff

14. #54 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    I think she (or the shop) has to claim the $6k as income, and it then becomes an investment for you.

Tough to claim, especially if it was cash. I'd ask your accountant
    yeah, im going to.. Just curious if anybody knew...

step 1: when they ask for gross income for the year make up a number much lower than your actual. (they really don't like this one)
    like substitue a 2 for a 9? Or forget a 0? Lol

15. #55 Default  
    I can't wait to get my taxes done so I can either put the money towards my bike or if I have the bike already I will buy gear with it or pay off some bills

16. #56 Default  
    like substitue a 2 for a 9? Or forget a 0? Lol
    just go completey random. I did that in 09 or 08? it could have been 2007?
    Father of Phiff

17. #57 Default  
    just go completey random. I did that in 09 or 08? it could have been 2007?
    What about if I add a 0 to taxes paid? They'd think I gave them extra, and leave me alone for being so awesome, right?

18. #58 Default  
    turbotax is at fault here. it shouldn't allow to manipulate numbers and calculate return as you go. knowing if i change a few things here and there and seeing how much money i can get back just isn't right.
    Father of Phiff

19. #59 Default  
    turbotax is at fault here. it shouldn't allow to manipulate numbers and calculate return as you go. knowing if i change a few things here and there and seeing how much money i can get back just isn't right.
    Yeah! I like that! I'll just blame them! They offer that guarantee, right?

20. #60 Default  
    Looks like my tax refund this year will be only a couple hundred bucks or negative.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Thread Information