Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: How to play videos from an off site server on a computer somewhere else

1. #1 Default How to play videos from an off site server on a computer somewhere else 
    What I'm trying to find out is how I can continuously stream content from a server to a monitor off-site. If any of you have seen the TV's at gas stations, this very similar to what I'm trying to figure out.

I'm assuming I'd have to create some sort of application....

2. #2 Default  
    check out Plex it has iphone/android/windows/mac clients and I use it to watch my video library on my phone... should be able to handle it.

'08 Audi A5 S-line... 3.2L of ozone depleting goodness.

3. #3 Default  
    Can it be web based? Or is there an OS requirement? Check out orb.

4. #4 Default  
    I think either of those would work, thanks guys.

5. #5 Default  
    k... If you are a windows programmer, and need to write an app, i believe i have c# code somewhere to embed an orb feed into a Winform application... I'd have to look though... It was awhile back.

6. #6 Default  
    I believe the easiest solution is just to make a playlist with the full url to the videos in the order you want them played and then just play it in the video player of your choice.

7. #7 Default  
    You can probably use Hamachi, its a free app where you can create your own domain and share files. You can also try using online drive services.

2005 Civic EX Coupe SE (AT) - 21mm RSX rear sway Bar, Bilstein struts/shocks, Neuspeed Strut Bar, AEM SRI, Eibach Springs, Crower Stage 1 cam, bomerman19's BBK (Black), SS brake lines, Ingalls camber kit (F+R), OEM Fogs w/switch, EP3 Rear Discs (Black), EBC Red brake Pads (F+R)

1997 Accord EX (MT) - 227k+

XBL: burnout3amd
    PSN: burnout3amd

Trade your games and movies on Goozex

Thread Information