Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Couple of MR2 pics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1 Default Couple of MR2 pics 
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    285




    Reply With Quote  

  2. #2 Default  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,733,351
    Blog Entries
    2
    Love these cars... What kind of badge is that
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.
    Reply With Quote  

  3. #3 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    Love these cars... What kind of badge is that
    Thanks!

    It's the "final edition/ V-edition" badge Toyota used on MkIII MR2 in Japan. They used it on the final run of 1000 cars in 2007. It's the same as what all MkIIIs got in Japan, except it has a black background instead of the standard blue. I prefer it over the standard Toyota sombrero logo. It's an emblem with a little more character for a car that has some character.

    Reply With Quote  

  4. #4 Default  
    awesome, love that nice and clear look. so much better than going overboard with exterior mods
    Oh Yeah!
    Reply With Quote  

  5. #5 Default  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashua NH
    Posts
    12,383
    never seen one in black, looks good.

    I do like that era MR2. Even the NA cars are fun to drive.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    you are definitely one seriously dedicated, possibly certifiable individual
    Motorcycles - KZ400 Cafe Build, XS500 Build
    Reply With Quote  

  6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    Love these cars... What kind of badge is that
    Spyder badge i have one for kasias car.
    1991 VW GTI 8V ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    2017 VW GLI ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    Reply With Quote  

  7. #7 Default  
    Nice clean example, I miss mine from back in the day.
    Reply With Quote  

  8. #8 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    Love these cars... What kind of badge is that
    I tried responding to this last night, but it seems my post isn't showing.
    Last edited by buzztt; 02-08-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote  

  9. #9 Default  
    i just approved it, it shows now
    Reply With Quote  

  10. #10 Default  
    Love it. Great cars Toyota should go back to stuff like this. Are those rx7 wheels?
    Bath salts and dick pills
    Reply With Quote  

  11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    Love it. Great cars Toyota should go back to stuff like this. Are those rx7 wheels?
    No MR2 wheels came on i want to say 1996 1997 MR2s
    1991 VW GTI 8V ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    2017 VW GLI ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    Reply With Quote  

  12. #12 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by DjStarscr3am View Post
    No MR2 wheels came on i want to say 1996 1997 MR2s
    Almost. They came on 98-99 (Revision 5) MR2s.
    Reply With Quote  

  13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
    Almost. They came on 98-99 (Revision 5) MR2s.
    I dig em, remind me of fd3 wheels
    Bath salts and dick pills
    Reply With Quote  

  14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
    Almost. They came on 98-99 (Revision 5) MR2s.
    lol off by 1 year. what year is your 2? 94+? is it NA? i dont see the center console peeking over the dash
    1991 VW GTI 8V ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    2017 VW GLI ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    Reply With Quote  

  15. #15 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by DjStarscr3am View Post
    lol off by 1 year. what year is your 2? 94+? is it NA? i dont see the center console peeking over the dash
    It's a 94 NA. It does have the center console though, you can see it in the first picture. It basically has everything a turbo model would have, minus the 3sgte and the turbo model engine lid.
    Reply With Quote  

  16. #16 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
    It's a 94 NA. It does have the center console though, you can see it in the first picture. It basically has everything a turbo model would have, minus the 3sgte and the turbo model engine lid.
    nice want a 3sgte? comes with a 1991 shell lol
    1991 VW GTI 8V ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    2017 VW GLI ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    Reply With Quote  

  17. #17 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by DjStarscr3am View Post
    nice want a 3sgte? comes with a 1991 shell lol
    Not at the moment. The MR2 before this one was a 93 turbo, and I wish I had that power in this one...but...it's hard to argue with the reliability of the 5sfe. Plus, with all the suspension and braking upgrades it's very tossable and fun, even without the power. Eventually when the 5sfe gives out I'll replace it with something that has a little more oomph. Whether that's a 3rd Generation 3sge (180hp), 4th Generation 3sge BEAMS (200hp), 3rd Generation 3sgte (245hp) or a 2grfe (280hp), I won't know until the 5sfe gives out and I see what makes the most sense at that point.
    Reply With Quote  

  18. #18 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
    Not at the moment. The MR2 before this one was a 93 turbo, and I wish I had that power in this one...but...it's hard to argue with the reliability of the 5sfe. Plus, with all the suspension and braking upgrades it's very tossable and fun, even without the power. Eventually when the 5sfe gives out I'll replace it with something that has a little more oomph. Whether that's a 3rd Generation 3sge (180hp), 4th Generation 3sge BEAMS (200hp), 3rd Generation 3sgte (245hp) or a 2grfe (280hp), I won't know until the 5sfe gives out and I see what makes the most sense at that point.
    Beams are nice. sounds crazy with an intake and exhaust. i like my 3SGTE good motor strong takes mods well and mega squirt is making pnp ecus now so tuning it will be way cheaper
    1991 VW GTI 8V ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    2017 VW GLI ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    Reply With Quote  

  19. #19 Default  
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    6,367
    clean!
    Porsche 991 GT3
    & Nardo Grey & Copper
    HRE P101-IPE Catless Exhaust- Teachart Steering Wheel-4.0 Livery Stripes- Carbon Fiber Exterior Package
    Reply With Quote  

  20. #20 Default  
    Me likey
    Reply With Quote  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •