Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: iPhone Thread

Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
  1. #501 Default  

Just ordered one in black. Great lower section that's open, allows my iPod in-car adapter to plug in with no problems
    http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-Ca...duct-iphone4bt

2. #502 Default  
    Added a case and that seemed to help also the phone is much better today. Could have been network saturation or at least that's what AT&T said.

3. #503 Default  
    Potential class action lawsuit against Apple

http://gawker.com/5574781/an-iphone-...s-in-the-works

4. #504 Default  
    Camped out at 1:30am till AT&T opened at 7am today. I was 5th in the store. I'm tired as hell right now but I finally have my iPhone 4. Muuuuhahahahahahaha. Time to take over the world. As long as I hold my phone the right way that is. Lulz. I'll post my thoughts after I mess with it today. Finishing up the sync right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    I stopped a moment like that too... I wiped Mat's cheek cause he had nutella all over his face

5. #505 Default  
    There is definitely an issue with the signal strength, or the antenna itself. I don't think it is just the way you hold the phone. Comparing it to my 3G, I drop signal and calls, in the same area, much more frequently with the 4G. I hope they fix this soon. Had this baby for five days now and gettin' pissed!

6. #506 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
    Camped out at 1:30am till AT&T opened at 7am today. I was 5th in the store. I'm tired as hell right now but I finally have my iPhone 4. Muuuuhahahahahahaha. Time to take over the world. As long as I hold my phone the right way that is. Lulz. I'll post my thoughts after I mess with it today. Finishing up the sync right now.
    you serious??? I stilled over to ATT on my lunch hour around noon and picked up my 32gig. They still had plenty of them too. I played with the demo phones on the store and none of them lost reception in my hand but my phone definitely does. I havnt bought a case for it yet so I am waiting to see if that helps and to see what apple does about this. I have missed at least 3 calls and had 2 drop already and i know the phone didnt ring because its been in my hands all day. It was rare i dropped a call with my 3G. I have 5 bars when its sitting on a table and 1 when holding it.

On a side note... This is the first time I have had a non- jailbroken phone in quite some time. Phone seems a lot more reliable and snappy this way. But I realize how much the iphone notification system SUCKS. I really miss LockInfo and Status Notifier. I will probably miss mywi too. I wish you could add these to the phone without the BS of jailbreaking and cydia.
    '86 325es - MTechnic I - s54tu
    '89 325is
    '08 RS4

7. #507 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristov9000 View Post
    you serious??? I stilled over to ATT on my lunch hour around noon and picked up my 32gig. They still had plenty of them too. I played with the demo phones on the store and none of them lost reception in my hand but my phone definitely does. I havnt bought a case for it yet so I am waiting to see if that helps and to see what apple does about this. I have missed at least 3 calls and had 2 drop already and i know the phone didnt ring because its been in my hands all day. It was rare i dropped a call with my 3G. I have 5 bars when its sitting on a table and 1 when holding it.

On a side note... This is the first time I have had a non- jailbroken phone in quite some time. Phone seems a lot more reliable and snappy this way. But I realize how much the iphone notification system SUCKS. I really miss LockInfo and Status Notifier. I will probably miss mywi too. I wish you could add these to the phone without the BS of jailbreaking and cydia.
    I don't have the luxury of "stilling" over to the AT&T store during my lunch hour when a city of 120k and 2 corporate stores have the phone in stock. This would've been my only chance to get it before I go on vacation this weekend. Plus, I had to be in the first 10 or I probably would've been late to work. It's awesome. I would've waited longer if I had to.
    I stopped a moment like that too... I wiped Mat's cheek cause he had nutella all over his face

8. #508 Default  
    Weird. I was playing with my friends 4g who was not aware of the signal thing. I compared 3GS and 4G, friend covering antenna every possible way and didn't lose a single bar. Maybe because we were on a roof of a 10 story building, I dunno.

9. #509 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou @ MJM View Post
    There is definitely an issue with the signal strength, or the antenna itself. I don't think it is just the way you hold the phone. Comparing it to my 3G, I drop signal and calls, in the same area, much more frequently with the 4G. I hope they fix this soon. Had this baby for five days now and gettin' pissed!
    lol great sig.

Makes me want to never get married.

10. #510 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    Maybe because we were on a roof of a 10 story building, I dunno.
    Funny fact: Cell towers point *down* so being up in the air is actually detrimental to signal reception! We have issues 20 floors up in Back Bay and folks in the Hancock have to put in-building repeaters in to get ANY signal!

-=- mf

11. #511 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmEff View Post
    Funny fact: Cell towers point *down* so being up in the air is actually detrimental to signal reception! We have issues 20 floors up in Back Bay and folks in the Hancock have to put in-building repeaters in to get ANY signal!

-=- mf
    Maybe because they are inside of a building? I was on a top of it, a roof. No problems there.

12. #512 Default  
    was playing with one in an AT&T store yesterday. I got both the demo phones to drop from 5 bars to 2. It took time to drop that far, and i never got them below 2, but i suspect it is because the signal at that store is phenomenal.

Apple has posted positions for antenna people. couple that with their complete lack of official comment, and i'd say something is defiantly wrong with the design.

13. #513 Default  
    The problems keep piling up, the antenna reception issue is just the tip of the iceberg. I don't get into fanboy mode about anything, that is actually the worst thing for a manufacturer of goods. People are trying to make excuses for the phone, it is quite evident there are design flaws. Some I wonder how can they possibly fix besides giving people replacement phones.

Reception Issue
    Yellow Spots on screen
    Phone cracking from a small drop
    Volume keys are backward
    Star Constellation Issue

Now don't get me wrong, I am still looking at the iPhone, Droid, and WinMo7 (good grief will they please release it already) as a potential replacement but all of these issues have me concerned. I always get cases for any phone I buy, just saying.
    CLS500 |AMG Package | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | iPod Kit | Keyless Go | Parktronic | Distronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Trunk Closer | Voice Command

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's

14. #514 Default  
    The yellow spots seem to be clearing and fixing themselves. it appears to be the glue drying.

The glass issue i could have predicted. Glass is extremely susceptible to forces on it's thin edge. It doesn't matter how strong it is in other directions, it is weak when hit on that thin edge. When they left that thin edge exposed they left it open to shocks and ultimately breaking. Had they just covered the whole edge in the metal band it could have protected the screen and back better.

I can't comment on the other issues.

15. #515 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    The yellow spots seem to be clearing and fixing themselves. it appears to be the glue drying.

The glass issue i could have predicted. Glass is extremely susceptible to forces on it's thin edge. It doesn't matter how strong it is in other directions, it is weak when hit on that thin edge. When they left that thin edge exposed they left it open to shocks and ultimately breaking. Had they just covered the whole edge in the metal band it could have protected the screen and back better.

I can't comment on the other issues.
    Problem with the glue issue, is what is someone presses hard on the screen before it dries? When glue is not dry, the risk for the glass moving around, etc?

Why would you sell phones with the adhesive not cured yet?

On the glass...they said the glass material is real stiff, which means of course means easier to shatter. On top of that, why would you make a phone with a glass back? At first, I did not realize the back and front of the phone was glass. IDK, just a few thoughts.
    CLS500 |AMG Package | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | iPod Kit | Keyless Go | Parktronic | Distronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Trunk Closer | Voice Command

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's

16. #516 Default  
    Update:
    I mentioned right after I got my phone I was having reception issues and dropped calls. I also had the dreaded loss of bars when holding the phone. Well I completely lost 3G data actually for hours after my last post. So here is what I did. I completely restored the phone and used the option to "set up as new phone". When I first got the phone I restored from a backup and i had the issues. Then after everything synced onto the phone I went into setting->network->reset network settings. After that BAM everything fixed. no more dropped calls, no more bars decreasing, no more loss of 3G data. reception at least as good as the old 3G which I always felt I had good reception on. I did a speedtest on the phone and got 3194kbps down 1200kbps up over 3G. It was a pain in the ass but everything seems to be fine now.

I also got the Apple bumper case and I really like it. Fits nice without making the phone too large. My only complaint is that my nightstand dock wont fully conect through the case but its the only thing I have tried that it wont dock too. My Stienheil screen shields are in the mail and I should have full protection.
    '86 325es - MTechnic I - s54tu
    '89 325is
    '08 RS4

17. #517 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristov9000 View Post
    Update:
    I mentioned right after I got my phone I was having reception issues and dropped calls. I also had the dreaded loss of bars when holding the phone. Well I completely lost 3G data actually for hours after my last post. So here is what I did. I completely restored the phone and used the option to "set up as new phone". When I first got the phone I restored from a backup and i had the issues. Then after everything synced onto the phone I went into setting->network->reset network settings. After that BAM everything fixed. no more dropped calls, no more bars decreasing, no more loss of 3G data. reception at least as good as the old 3G which I always felt I had good reception on. I did a speedtest on the phone and got 3194kbps down 1200kbps up over 3G. It was a pain in the ass but everything seems to be fine now.

I also got the Apple bumper case and I really like it. Fits nice without making the phone too large. My only complaint is that my nightstand dock wont fully conect through the case but its the only thing I have tried that it wont dock too. My Stienheil screen shields are in the mail and I should have full protection.
    Thanks, this may help others and myself!

E320 | On Chrome 16's

18. #518 Default  
    If all these reported problems are so bad then why do people continue to buy them? I haven't had any problems with my phone. It's been great. I haven't been holding the phone like you aren't supposed to because I don't hold it that way anyways. They have complained about every single new superphone that comes out. There is always something wrong with them. Just goes to show you that people are never fucking happy.

19. #519 Default  
    If all these reported problems are so bad then why do people continue to buy them? I haven't had any problems with my phone. It's been great. I haven't been holding the phone like you aren't supposed to because I don't hold it that way anyways. They have complained about every single new superphone that comes out. There is always something wrong with them. Just goes to show you that people are never fucking happy.
    Problems can and will occur with mass produced items. This may be a bad batch of phones, people just want the phone that they paid for to work and not have these quirks. It won't stop people from buying, I went to the AT&T store tonight to spend some time with it, and a droid based phone.

The iPhone4 is rather awesome, and no I did not see this issue on the store phone. My wife and I may be switching after all, but will definitely be getting cases for them. She was impressed with the HTC droid based phone as well, we shall see.

Oh and yes, some people are never fucking happy. Quoted for truth.

E320 | On Chrome 16's

20. #520 Default  
    Oh I do have a question for you! How does the iPhone work with Buetooth and downloading the address book in the CLS? No issues?

E320 | On Chrome 16's

Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Thread Information