Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Keyport, A review

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #21 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    okie doke... I have an ever increasing number of keys for the gas station... that I would like to take off my key ring, would be pretty cool to get that down to one fob. Although not sure if they could reproduce the keys I need...
    You'd be surprised. They claim to be able to make blanks for just about anything. Even if i sold you one of mine you'd need to go to them for the blanks. But look at their site, they claim they can do everything from cars, to home keys, to security keys, etc etc. Harder part might be if one of your keys has "do not duplicate" stamped on it, you'd have to convince the people you found to cut the blanks that you are authorized to make a copy, on the weird new blank.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    you are definitely one seriously dedicated, possibly certifiable individual
    Motorcycles - KZ400 Cafe Build, XS500 Build

2. #22 Default  
    dammit, my bmw is not compatible.....

3. #23 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    You'd be surprised. They claim to be able to make blanks for just about anything. Even if i sold you one of mine you'd need to go to them for the blanks. But look at their site, they claim they can do everything from cars, to home keys, to security keys, etc etc. Harder part might be if one of your keys has "do not duplicate" stamped on it, you'd have to convince the people you found to cut the blanks that you are authorized to make a copy, on the weird new blank.
    Security keys are what I need, and that is an issue I hadn't thought about!
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

4. #24 Default  
    Security keys are what I need, and that is an issue I hadn't thought about!
    aubochon here in Littleton doesn't give a crap Pete, I have had several "Do not duplicate" be duplicated. I just tell them I am the one who had the original key made.

5. #25 Default  
    can a keyport incorporate key fobs (for doors, ie. office doors) as a slide?

I dont have issues with the keys I have, but fobs are pissing me off.

as a side note, are there any device that can let me carry only one fob with selectable "output" so I only have to carry one to open all the doors I have access to
    Oh Yeah!

6. #26 Default  
    okie doke... I have an ever increasing number of keys for the gas station... that I would like to take off my key ring, would be pretty cool to get that down to one fob. Although not sure if they could reproduce the keys I need...
    How old are your locks?

Actually, this is the kind of keys my house uses.

-Justin

7. #27 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
    aubochon here in Littleton doesn't give a crap Pete, I have had several "Do not duplicate" be duplicated. I just tell them I am the one who had the original key made.
    I've had several 'do not duplicate' keys done at a locksmith with no questions asked.

-Justin

8. #28 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    can a keyport incorporate key fobs (for doors, ie. office doors) as a slide?

I dont have issues with the keys I have, but fobs are pissing me off.

as a side note, are there any device that can let me carry only one fob with selectable "output" so I only have to carry one to open all the doors I have access to
    what do you mean? RFID stuff? I have the chip for my car in one, but it's a specific form factor. having a bunch close together won't work.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx

9. #29 Default  
    It's black. And it goes beep when I put it against the receiver pad.
    Oh Yeah!

10. #30 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    It's black. And it goes beep when I put it against the receiver pad.
    yea, RFID stuff. Don't think you can incorperate that into the keyport. Usually they are wire coils inside the FOBs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information