Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Subaru/Mitsubishi Tuning : All makes and models - all modifications

1. #1 Default Subaru/Mitsubishi Tuning : All makes and models - all modifications 
    I started with Subaru's about 4 years ago and my business partner started same time with his Evo. After being sick of tuning options with them we both started from scratch.

After tuning roughly 150 different ones, I pretty much know these inside and out diagnostically. We have tuned some real fast subaru's over here and wanted to let everyone know what we are capable of.

Mild to wild: Starting @ $150 per tune for open source.

02+ WRX to 2009
    04+ STi to 2009
    04+ forester
    05+ legacy
    04+ Baja

03+ Evo 8 + 9
    08+ Evo X

Stage 1, Stage 2, custom setups, Launch control, flat foot shifting, anti lag, diagnositic check, consultation - we've probably tuned it.

Inquire within.

Bren Tuning - Unlimited Tuning Solutions
    Phone: 508.762.1769
    Web: www.brentuning.com
    Email: sales@brentuning.com

2. #2 Default  
    Still waiting !!! the Benz tune !!! Paulo Here
    (N54 E82 135i) M Sport, Alpine White/ Coral Red .
    JB4/ISO, E85 Flash, VRSF-FBO, BMS CP/DCI, Forged DV's.
    434whp & 470wtq / Run Conditions 90.28 *F
    (N63 F02 750Li) Sport & Every Single option.
    BMS S1 431whp/479wtq 93 Oct / Run Conditions 91*F

3. #3 Default  
    Are these road tunes or do you tune on a dyno and road tune? Also, are you certified to tune with Cobb AP?
    Joe
    07 UGM STI
    EFI Logics Tuned- Stage 2- 285/304 (Mustang Dyno)

4. #4 Default  
    Hey there,

I can do whatever, Every car needs to be put on the road after or it wont function perfectly, load bearing or not. With all the sophisticated road tuning tools we have now, and 100s of maps tuned on the dyno - road tuning is the more economic choice nowadays.

I got one of the first Protuner's for AP sent to the east coast about 4 years ago, and have tuned using it plenty of times. Due to ease or use and new tools with open source I don't see a big point of using an AP outside of their live tuning and tracing feature.

The reason why not alot of tuners are Cobb certified is they will kick you out if you use anything but cobb's software, and thats not something we wanted to lock into. Street tuner is easier as a business. I took cobb's tuning classes about 3 years ago

Is the car currently tuned? There's some definite design flaws in the stock 2007 sti ecu

5. #5 Default  
    The OL/CL switchover on the stock tune is crappy and has shown to cause some issues. The car has had a Cobb tune on it early on. I run the conservative stage 2 running higher octane than required as a buffer. It's not a big hp highway monster so I don't really need anymore power now anyways. Just curious if you were able to put a "protune" on the Cobb AP version 2. I realize some tuners don't want to dish out the licensing fees and such.
    Joe
    07 UGM STI

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by urban07sti View Post
    The OL/CL switchover on the stock tune is crappy and has shown to cause some issues. The car has had a Cobb tune on it early on. I run the conservative stage 2 running higher octane than required as a buffer. It's not a big hp highway monster so I don't really need anymore power now anyways. Just curious if you were able to put a "protune" on the Cobb AP version 2. I realize some tuners don't want to dish out the licensing fees and such.
    Joe, give me a call and drive my STi. Brendan set it up and I love it...so will you! He knows exactly what he's doing and more importantly he understands what's going on with the car.

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

7. #7 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by urban07sti View Post
    Hey Joe,

The 07 is a delicate process. There are even more problems with the ecu outside of the OL/CL delay (which has been around since 04 wrx), like the mysterious timing advance table, the factory maf scaling being all over the place depending on your elevation, and the fuel table that is prone to overrun the injectors over 100%, boost spikes and over shooting targets. Cobb's early maps did not fix all this and a few motors went boom and then they were changed. If you are on an early cobb map, switch out for a newer one

As far as Cobb offering street tuner, access tuner race etc for ap owners for free download now any tuner can tune off that for you. There is little reason for protuners to purchase the protuner software ($2000) outside of locking out proprietary information on their maps with customers.

Bren

8. #8 Default  
    Yea, I realize the extend of the 07's oddness. 08's have it too. It's all for the LEV2 emissions. I'm running the "latest" Stage 2 map. I datalog periodically and the logs look good. I'm sure I could get more power of it as it stands, but I'd rather leave some on the table as I'm more into suspension mods than power. Down the road if I end up putting the car on real tracks and not just autoX I'll run a different power setup.....
    Joe
    07 UGM STI

Thread Information