Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: anyone have a Wet saw/tile saw?

1. #1 Default anyone have a Wet saw/tile saw? 
    No idea where to put this thread, mods please move to another location if need be.....

So I need to cut some bluestone, roughly 1" thick, some pieces a tad more than that. I have contemplated 3 choices.....just buying a circular saw with a diamond masonry blade, buying a smaller wet saw (but wont really handle the weight and bulk of some of my stones), or just renting a wet saw for a day or two. All options will cost roughly $100. I do not need very accurate cuts as the stone dust filler will cover all the imperfections, and this is not for a super crazy patio, just for my grill area. I already have all the stone, and am laying out patterns now. I do not foresee a whole lot of cuts, just ones to finish an edge or to break up bigger pieces in to smaller more versatile ones. Anyone have a wet saw I can borrow, or cheap recommendations? tia

2. #2 Default  
    I have a wet saw but it can't handle that thickness, it's really only meant for tile

3. #3 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    I have a wet saw but it can't handle that thickness, it's really only meant for tile
    This reply is useless to the OP!
    FOB is FOB

4. #4 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingFast View Post
    This reply is useless to the OP!
    Lol, smart ass

It let's him know I have one for tile as i expect he'll need it at some point

5. #5 Default  
    I took it as a learning post. He learned just how big of tool he now needs.
    Matt

6. #6 Default  
    Just rent one, that way if you break it they will just come get it and give you a new one......

7. #7 Default  
    Borrowed a circular saw with a masonry blade yesterday afternoon, should be all set now. Thanks guys

Thread Information