Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Where to buy T-Mobile or Unlocked GSM Phones

1. #1 Default Where to buy T-Mobile or Unlocked GSM Phones 
    My wife insists the phone wasn't dropped or abused in any way... but SOMEHOW the screen on her blackberry has died and the cover has come loose on the 'deader' side of the screen.

We're on a no-contract plan with them, so phones are out of pocket. They have no blackberries left on their 'no contract' menu so I'm wondering if there are any places better than others to locate a replacement.

Looking for a blackberry only. I have no interest in android, IMHO windows phone is not ready yet and the iphone doesn't work well on t-mobile (I believe it's restricted to Edge data speeds).

Thanks for any help,

-Justin

White Hairdresser's Car, Orange Car with Hand-Built Engine (Like AMG) and 6-Speed (Not like AMG)

2. #2 Default  
    biggest selection is probably going to be ebay honestly.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    you are definitely one seriously dedicated, possibly certifiable individual
    Motorcycles - KZ400 Cafe Build, XS500 Build

3. #3 Default  
    I'll see if there is an old one laying around the house. I know my dad has a few left over from working for the town and they don't seem to ask for them back. Not sure if they're Sprint or T-Mobile tho.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

4. #4 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Repair it?
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

5. #5 Default  
    for a situation like this, i would always look to craigslist.
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...

6. #6 Default  
    You said you wanted a BB, but if you buy a used 3GS iphone you can take it AT&T and have them unlock it for you, they just started doing this.

7. #7 Default  
    CL or EBAY. Ebay should have screen repair parts. all else fails get a plan?
    1991 VW GTI 8V ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    2017 VW GLI ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    You said you wanted a BB, but if you buy a used 3GS iphone you can take it AT&T and have them unlock it for you, they just started doing this.
    The problem with that is T-Mobile doesn't support the iPhone so it's kicked down to the Edge data network and is pretty much useless.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

9. #9 Default  
    Ebay and Craigslist are on the shopping list. Although the craigslist guys seem to be asking much more than ebay prices for these things.

It's not urgent. I have a drawer full of GSM phones that have built up over the years.

For repair - who does that type of thing locally and what could I expect to pay for a bb screen replacement?

-Justin

White Hairdresser's Car, Orange Car with Hand-Built Engine (Like AMG) and 6-Speed (Not like AMG)

10. #10 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    Ebay and Craigslist are on the shopping list. Although the craigslist guys seem to be asking much more than ebay prices for these things.

It's not urgent. I have a drawer full of GSM phones that have built up over the years.

For repair - who does that type of thing locally and what could I expect to pay for a bb screen replacement?

-Justin
    ebay may have a diy kit they do for iphones. its simple stuff nothing really in depth other than pop old off pop new on
    2017 VW GLI ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

11. #11 Default  
    Yeah, I found a place selling the screens for $25. I'll just have to take the phone apart tonight and see which version of the lcd her phone has. I had just assumed when it broke I'd buy another from tmobile. I didn't realize they took the phones off their no plan offering. She requires a keyboard, so the selection is limited unless I want a slider - and I don't think that would last very long in her hands.

BTW, she did mention something about maybe stepping on the phone last night....

-Justin

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    Yeah, I found a place selling the screens for $25. I'll just have to take the phone apart tonight and see which version of the lcd her phone has. I had just assumed when it broke I'd buy another from tmobile. I didn't realize they took the phones off their no plan offering. She requires a keyboard, so the selection is limited unless I want a slider - and I don't think that would last very long in her hands.

BTW, she did mention something about maybe stepping on the phone last night....

-Justin
    Lol the truth surfaces. you obviously only asked if it was dropped not stepped on...
    2017 VW GLI ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

13. #13 Default  
    Blog Entries
    What model blackberry? I might have a couple parts phones left
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

14. #14 Default  
    It's a curve. Not sure the model number, (8250 or something like that - the one with the touch pad). The problem is, there seem to be about 6 different (and non-interchangeable) lcds for that model. I won;t know which one she has until I take it apart.

I appreciate the offer, but for the $25 it's not worth your time to take it apart on the chance it may have the right screen.

-Justin

15. #15 Default  
    I have the same issue, I'm on a tmobile network, and my phone is completely messed up. I have a new blackberry I can use but its on At&T =/

16. #16 Default  

17. #17 Default  
    I saw that one. They're going for a little less than that new on ebay. I'm just going to fix the screen on this one and shop around for a bit. Thanks for the suggestions. I just didn't know if there was someplace other than craigslist/ebay to find these things.

-Justin

Thread Information