Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Powder Coating

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default Powder Coating 
    Since none of the site sponsors have powder coating on their list I figured I would throw this out there.
    I talked to a couple people today at Cars & Coffee 4 and they asked for the contact info for Phil at Midnight Powder Coating. As long as the object can take the heat and fit in his oven he can paint it. He even told me he did a drum set for some famous drummer (unknown to me).

Midnight Powder Coating
    Phil Newcomb - 508.328.5176

Phil doesn't have a website and only goes by word of mouth right now so here are some pictures of his work:

22"

'86 Monte Carlo SS

Last edited by MyBoyBlue; 06-21-2009 at 06:51 PM.

2. #2 Default  
    GSXR-1000

Others

Last edited by MyBoyBlue; 06-21-2009 at 03:56 PM.

3. #3 Default  
    Taylor where is this guy out of?

4. #4 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by blancolex300 View Post
    Taylor where is this guy out of?
    Franklin, MA

5. #5 Default  
    How can we contact him?
    "If the car can't walk, the driver shouldn't talk!"

6. #6 Default  
    Good point, changed the OP to include phone number

7. #7 Default  
    Chrome wheels for a T-Rex anyone fromt he Bridgewater area might know it orange T-Rex with a real fire flame job and Game Over painted on it. Now it is sporting these wheels and custom saddle bag delete covers.
    OSU Candy Orange over chrome

8. #8 Default  
    Blog Entries
    hey, how much do you think he would charge to do a tool box? and you think he can do black chrome?
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    hey, how much do you think he would charge to do a tool box? and you think he can do black chrome?
    You would have to call him for the price; I'm sure he could do black chrome since he did a redish chrome in the pictures above.

10. #10 Default  
    Taylor, is he able to take the rubber off of rims and put them back on?
    05 Yamaha R6

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 6MT (SOLD)

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmian525 View Post
    Taylor, is he able to take the rubber off of rims and put them back on?
    I don't actually know but now I'm curious. I'm going to try to get him to join YR today.

12. #12 Default  
    Pete if you talk to him and he can do black chrome let me know
    05 Yamaha R6

13. #13 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I think I would redo my wheels over in black chrome?
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

14. #14 Default  
    I think I would redo my wheels over in black chrome?
    Thats what I wanna do
    05 Yamaha R6

15. #15 Default  
    Hopefully Phil will join YR today. I sent him an email and text message just now.

Edit: Just got a text back. Phil will join the forum tonight when he gets home.
    Last edited by MyBoyBlue; 07-20-2009 at 11:40 AM.

16. #16 Default  
    Sweet, I want to ask him a few things also. I've been a bit busy, but I want to get my wheels done soon.
    "If the car can't walk, the driver shouldn't talk!"

17. #17 Default  
    Rachel is thinking about getting her bike done up as well (this is her successful attempt at Photoshopping her bike)

18. #18 Default  
    Hi everyone I'm Phil from MidNight Powder Coating located in Franklin Ma. I am a small start up one man custom powder coating shop. I have now been doing this for about 2 years on the side.

Now to answer some of the questions.

First off Black Chrome is looking to be popular so let me start there. Black Chrome is a candy or translucent color and needs to be put over real chrome or polished metal to get the full effect it just doesnt have the same pop over a chrome powder. There are some Black Chromes out there that are what they call a single stage but again just doesnt have the same look. If anyone would like I can put up pictures of both for you all to compare.

Second is the question about tires. Sorry but I do not have the equipment to dismount and mount tires so all wheels would have to come to me without them.

As for the tool box it all depends on the size my oven is roughly 4 feet wide by 4 feet deep by 6 feet tall.

I think thats it for now if anyone else has any questions please feel free to shoot away.

Thanks Phil

19. #19 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyjacked55 View Post
    Sweet, I want to ask him a few things also. I've been a bit busy, but I want to get my wheels done soon.
    Phil, this is what he's looking to get done (black parts including the middle)

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBoyBlue View Post
    Phil, this is what he's looking to get done (black parts including the middle)
    Oh boy. Im gonna have to ask some specific questions about those befor I give a quote on those would I be best to PM him or do you wanna act as the go between?

For example what is on the wheels now are the polished part of the wheels already polished does he want the black that is on those wheels which looks to be a 40% Gloss Black that type of stuff.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Thread Information