Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Cracked header

1. #1 Default Cracked header 
    so i went to check my oil just now and found this

246480_10150866080001538_709501188_n.jpg

crack at the weld and some. i have no idea what to do expect replace the headers with new stock ones or go aftermarket. i never expected to replace them because there apparently isn't much to gain.

any suggesting would be great, im just very pissed about this happening right as im about to buy a supercharger

2. #2 Default  
    You could take it to a shop to see if it can be repaired or smother some JB Weld on it and see what happens. Both cheap, temp solutions.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

3. #3 Default  
    pull it and get it re-welded i had a crack like that fixed for $40 and ive fixed it myself.
    1991 VW GTI 8V ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    2017 VW GLI ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

4. #4 Default  
    It can be welded. Don't bother trying JB Weld. It won't hold up to the temperatures.

Alternately, wrap the header and pretend you never saw it.

-Justin

White Hairdresser's Car, Orange Car with Hand-Built Engine (Like AMG) and 6-Speed (Not like AMG)

5. #5 Default  
    thanks for the input guys! thought about it at work and i might go aftermarket, but i'm still now sure. i dont own a welding kit (really should buy one) so i think i will bring it to a local shop.

Thanks!

6. #6 Default  
    duct-tape.

/thread

7. #7 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    duct-tape.
    gary i'm going to show up to your house with my new headers, just so i can use your welder, all unannounced

8. #8 Default  
    Do it with the header still on the engine and in the car, nothing can go wrong! Just think of all the grounds you can choose from!

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    Do it with the header still on the engine and in the car, nothing can go wrong! Just think of all the grounds you can choose from!
    whats supped to happen? i welded a header while it was in the car. nothing happened.

10. #10 Default  
    Depending on where everything is he could wreck some sensors pretty easily. Then again my car is special and has sensors everywhere for everything. It probably has some that are just there to look pretty and be expensive, too.

11. #11 Default  
    Depending on where everything is he could wreck some sensors pretty easily. Then again my car is special and has sensors everywhere for everything. It probably has some that are just there to look pretty and be expensive, too.
    Ahh the beauty of german cars. Once engineers are happy with all the sensors/systems......they add sensors to monitor the sensors

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moreira_C230 View Post
    Ahh the beauty of german cars. Once engineers are happy with all the sensors/systems......they add sensors to monitor the sensors
    Yup. Ever since I installed my headers and removed the rear 02's (waiting for LC1 kit), I get the annoying CEL every 50-75 miles. OBDII cleansing everyday gets annoying.

13. #13 Default  
    not much for sensors around the header. just the cam position sensor and i can remove it if need be. i think i'm getting OBX headers, they're JPP replica's. most of the aftermarket TRD parts are discontinued because TRD never took off like Nismo did.

14. #14 Default  
    Disconnect the battery and unplug the ECU if you are that nervous about the welding causing issue. I typically pull the battery cables when i'm welding on a car, but don't bother with unplugging the ECU.

Thread Information