Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Benz owners

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Default Benz owners 
    How are the 2009-2010 C300 sport 4matics? I'm looking into grabbing one between this week and next month. i found 2 i want to go see that are both really low mile and still under warranty. is there anything specific i should look for as far as problem areas?

2. #2 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I'm unaware of any major issues
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

3. #3 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    I'm unaware of any major issues
    awesome. may go look at some tonight or this weekend.

4. #4 Default  
    Nothing I know of, they're solid cars. Not a huge fan personally but the wife mainly drives it and she's in love with it so that's all that matters.
    Jeff
    2012 Crystal White Triumph Speed Triple R
    2002 Jet Black Triumph Sprint RS 955i
    2007 Billet Silver Acura MDX Technology
    2011 Mars Red Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport 6MT

5. #5 Default  
    my amg version tried to kill itself.
    Father of Phiff

6. #6 Default  
    The C300 actually uses an updated version of the M272 V6 from the W203 platform. The W203 had 2.5L (in the C230 like I have) and the 3.5L (in the C350) variants. They are pretty much bullet proof engines beside for the occasional balancer shaft issue that plagued some early W203 models, but that was fixed for most of the face-lifted W203s (it was fixed in mine). They are very torquey engines considering their displacement. It is balanced and smooth through the entire rev band, it really does love to rev. If my engine is any indication, I've owned it for a year an a half and I have not had a single issue with it (minus the occasional transmission hiccup, but that's strictly a W203 problem). It should give you plenty of fun, worry free driving. Good Luck!

7. #7 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted Thrills View Post
    Nothing I know of, they're solid cars. Not a huge fan personally but the wife mainly drives it and she's in love with it so that's all that matters.
    yea this will be a DD for me and my gf as we work within a mile of each other. our commute is a whopping 10 miles round trip so

8. #8 Default  
    My girlfriend has an '08 C300 Sport P2. It's pretty nice, has more bells and whistles than I would have expected in a C-Class. I kinda enjoy driving it sometimes because I don't have to worry about bottoming out and being able to go WOT without worrying about triple digit speeds (soon) is nice.
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...

9. #9 Default  
    Fwiw, had a 2012 last month as a loaner and the instrument cluster and center console looks so much better.
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...

10. #10 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    Fwiw, had a 2012 last month as a loaner and the instrument cluster and center console looks so much better.
    100% agree, that's the face-lifted interior. I don't know why Mercedes always makes the face-lifted versions look so much better? Why not make it look that good from the start. In my opinion it makes people not want to buy the first incarnation of a particular model.....I know I wouldn't

11. #11 Default  
    2012 will be like 20K more lol.

12. #12 Default  
    My coworker is thinking about selling his C300 4-matic. PM me if you are interested.
    STI sedan with shocker sticker

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by evoq007 View Post
    My coworker is thinking about selling his C300 4-matic. PM me if you are interested.
    what color? i really only want white.

14. #14 Default  
    Its white....
    STI sedan with shocker sticker

15. #15 Default  
    My friend owns a 2010 C300 I'll direct him to this thread to answer any questions.
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?
    Retired Professional Troll

16. #16 Default  
    I got a set of perfect wheels if you buy one for cheap too.
    Father of Phiff

17. #17 Default  
    My experiences with C300's are loaners when I get the service done at the dealer. The 4 times I had them for about 2-3 days were pretty fun, I would recommend getting one that is well equipped, key-less go, P1, leather package (personal pref). The C300 owners I know, love them and drive them often. Personally, the C300 does not have enough kick for me, but it is a nice ride. I had the pleasure of driving a 350 for a weekend, and that was roasting the streets, quite a bit more quick than the 300. However, the 350 is not 4matic if I recall correctly.

I did a quickie search on eBay and about 150 cars show up under C300 2009-2011, I arranged it by mileage: My search...
    CLS500 |AMG Package | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | iPod Kit | Keyless Go | Parktronic | Distronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Trunk Closer | Voice Command

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's

18. #18 Default  
    link to the cars you found?

19. #19 Default  
    i know many people who think like me. the c300 is the new womans car; previous as many may know it was known as the minivan. if you do buy it, is it white in my opinion thats the only color that works for the c300.

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Muscle View Post
    i know many people who think like me. the c300 is the new womans car; previous as many may know it was known as the minivan. if you do buy it, is it white in my opinion thats the only color that works for the c300.
    I've heard that too, and its unfortunate. Other than is not having blistering performance, I don't see anything that makes it a "woman's car." A car shouldn't have to be able to light up the back tires to make it a mans car. At the end of the day the C300 is a sharp, refined and fun car to drive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread Information