Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Cars & Copters 2012 9/16/2012

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default Cars & Copters 2012 9/16/2012 
    For those of you that don't regularly visit facebook or the YR home page- Please copy and Paste this to your respective forums and car clubs

New England's most unique charity car show began in 2009 as a spin off of Boston Cars and Coffee, but in a relatively short amount of time the event has grown into a great event in its own right. There are few events that can boast 750+ cars, there are even less that can do so and manage to get you up close to a dozen different helicopters. Cars and Copter's home can be found at The Plymouth Municipal Airport.

Since our event in 2009, Cars and Copters has become the largest event Yuppieracing.net hosts. With the help of Driven Perfection, Heliops LLC, Plymouth Municipal Airport management, B and L Productions, and The Beantown Sound; Yuppieracing.net presents an event opened to all makes and models of cars and motorcycles to benefit The Jimmy Fund in honor of Ricky Hoffman.

In past years, almost all marques have been represented, from modern day super cars to vehicles dating back to the Pre War era. In addition to an amazing display of cars, people have the chance to get up close to some amazing flying machines as well as have the oppurtunity to go for a short helicopter ride around Plymouth Harbor.

Since its founding in 1948, the Jimmy Fund has supported the fight against cancer in children and adults at Boston's Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, helping to raise the chances of survival for cancer patients around the world. All proceeds from the show are donated to Dana Farber's Jimmy Fund to honor Ricky Hoffman. Ricky was our special guest in 2009; he lost his battle to brain cancer shortly after the event. With our help, hopefully one day, the outcome will be different for another child.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6GD-..._embedded#t=0s

To sponsor the event, or make a donation, please email Peter at Yuppieracing.net for more information.

Please join us September 16th, 2012, and stay tuned for more information.

Once again, thank you for your continued support. Help us spread the word! Invite your family, friends, co-workers, or that random person down the street with that special car. We aim to make this event the bigger than ever, and need everyone's help to do it!

Peter
    www.Yuppieracing.net

Alex
    www.DrivenPerfection.com

Sam
    www.TheBeanTownSound.com

Wes
    www.heliops.com

Chris
    www.AutoTrader.com
    Last edited by Chris!; 07-29-2012 at 09:49 PM.

2. #2 Default  
    can't wait for this!
    i'm in
    Porsche 991 GT3
    Copper & Carbon
    HRE P101-Competition Exhaust- Teachart Steering Wheel-4.0 Livery Stripes- Carbon Fiber Exterior Package

3. #3 Default  
    Ill be there cant wait for this.

4. #4 Default  
    Yippee! Looks like over 400 already confirmed on FB. Are you setting up a volunteer thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    jketch happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jketch View Post
    He was so I just kept at it. When he was reaching the breaking point I hammered it harder for about 90 seconds then let off and left.
    PFFFFFFFFFT

5. #5 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I bet we are approaching 500
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

6. #6 Default  
    If I can find a ride from Boston I'm in. (Not going to have my car during school)

7. #7 Default  
    I am finally going to be able to do this yay!

8. #8 Cool  
    I may be able to muster up a couple more Prowlers for this event.

I'll see what I can do.

9. #9 Default  
    getting flyers made and giving them out at bass pro shops would be a good way to hit a large group of people that obviously like attending car shows (usually approx 1500 cars evey other thursday)

10. #10 Question  
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    getting flyers made and giving them out at bass pro shops would be a good way to hit a large group of people that obviously like attending car shows (usually approx 1500 cars evey other thursday)
    Have you thought of the possibility of stopping by a few cruise nights and dropping off a handfull of flyers?

Just a suggestion.

11. #11 Default  
    i'll be there.. duh..

this time i might even go on a helicopter ride!

12. #12 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TooHipCat View Post
    Have you thought of the possibility of stopping by a few cruise nights and dropping off a handfull of flyers?

Just a suggestion.
    Going to visit graffix today to talk about the flyers
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

13. #13 Default  
    Talked to Wes at Heliops, and pending weather and obviously the mechanical state of the helicopter, I'll be flying up for NY! I look forward to it!!!
    Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Talked to Wes at Heliops, and pending weather and obviously the mechanical state of the helicopter, I'll be flying up for NY! I look forward to it!!!
    Excellent! Do you have any friends in NY area with helo's that may want to attend also? Please extend them an invite!
    Samuel C. Lurie - Owner/President
    The Beantown Sound - Professional Disc Jockey Services
    -----------------------------
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2011 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4
    2002 Porsche 996TT

15. #15 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys, this is what I am posting on other forums... if you could post this around, it would be appreciated

Hello Again Car Enthusiasts!

It's that time of year again! We would like to announce the 2012 Cars and Copters event organized to benefit The Jimmy Fund in honor of Ricky Hoffman. Last year's event was THE automotive event of the year with some 1000+ cars coming throughout the day and fifteen or so helicopters coming in to celebrate with us.

This event is open to all makes and models... last year we had everything from euro luxury cars to classic muscle to pre WW2 era vehicles! In addition to an amazing display of cars, Heliops will once again have its own fleet of helicopters on hand which will be available for short tours around the area by air. The event is free to attend but a donation is recomended. Attendees will also be given the opportunity to win prizes via a raffle, silent auction and a helicopter ball drop. With over $10k in prizes, folks are garunteed to win some very cool prizes. Food will available via multiple vedors this year and extra bathroom facilities will be available as well. For directions to the airport, click here

As always, please remember to be on your best behavior. This is a fully operational airport and still requires us to pay attention to federal regulations as well as many local laws. Just a reminder the area around the airport is resedential and police will be waiting for us on the roads leaving and coming from the airport in either direction. Please respect the neighbors of the airport and do not give the police any reason to stop you, they will be eagerly waiting for speeders and careless drivers.

Lastly, help us spread the word! Invite your family, friends, co-workers, or that random person down the street with the interesting car. The more people the better and we certainly have no shortage of space at this location. With 1300 car expected in 2012, this show is not to be missed!

Facebook link

Once again, hope to see everyone there,
    -Cars and Copters team
    Last edited by 55fanatic; 08-04-2012 at 01:11 PM.

16. #16 Default  
    I know i've said it for cars and coffee, but i'm serious this time. Daytona is coming to the cars and copters show. We picked up the trailer this week, so i can bring the car wherever i want, whenever i want. It will even move under it's own power for the show.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    you are definitely one seriously dedicated, possibly certifiable individual
    Motorcycles - KZ400 Cafe Build, XS500 Build

17. #17 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    I know i've said it for cars and coffee, but i'm serious this time. Daytona is coming to the cars and copters show. We picked up the trailer this week, so i can bring the car wherever i want, whenever i want. It will even move under it's own power for the show.
    we have trailer parking

18. #18 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    we have trailer parking
    Oh rearry...this interests me

19. #19 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John@KaizenTuning.com View Post
    Oh rearry...this interests me
    bringing the race car? And did you guys decide what was getting donated?

20. #20 Default  
    Just signed on Rockstar Energy drinks as a sponsor... They'll be donating a Snow board or wakeboard to the raffle and will be giving away free energy drinks

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Thread Information