Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: automotive locksmith

1. #1 Default automotive locksmith 
    i need to get some keys cut for the e30 (1987 bmw, old style keys) anyone know of an automotive locksmith, close to watertown would be nice

2. #2 Default  
    Is there any way to have them cut at a dealership by the key code? I'm sure this stuff varies by manufacturer, but the key code on my Nissans was always written on the sticker in the glove box. It may be easier than finding a locksmith to do it.

-Justin

White Hairdresser's Car, Orange Car with Hand-Built Engine (Like AMG) and 6-Speed (Not like AMG)

3. #3 Default  
    these are aftermarket flip keys, i assume the dealer would do it still but also assume they will want stupid money for basically 5 minutes work

4. #4 Default  
    I had to pay like $150 for a new key/fob since the previous owner of my car only had one key. Older style keys should be way cheaper, but all you should have to do is show up at the dealer with your license and registration.

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    I had to pay like $150 for a new key/fob since the previous owner of my car only had one key. Older style keys should be way cheaper, but all you should have to do is show up at the dealer with your license and registration.
    i have the current keys, i bought a remote locking kit for it and it came with b7 audi style flip keys which are actually really nice so want to use them, just trying to avoid getting raped by the stealer, residential keying should be $10 a key max, i'm geussing the stealer prolly adds a zero

6. #6 Default  
    You should make your intern call, and if you don't have an intern you should get one.
    A hot one.
    I'll buy windows for a house I don't have from a hot intern!

7. #7 Default  
    If they're an old school key and not the kind that has the pattern only like half the blade thickness wise, any hardware store can do it using the old key as a template. The stealer might still cut one for you from the VIN even though it's not an original key.

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    If they're an old school key and not the kind that has the pattern only like half the blade thickness wise, any hardware store can do it using the old key as a template. The stealer might still cut one for you from the VIN even though it's not an original key.
    i'll give it a try

9. #9 Default  
    an anecdote about getting keys cut from the stealer based on a VIN:

I needed keys cut for fcar. the only key that came with my car snapped in half. the only way i could get an "authentic" key cut was from the dealership, and they get them from italy based on the VIN. (I could not find a blank ferrari key anywhere!)

They sent me 2 keys based on my VIN, and they didnt FIT!! at some point, the locks and ignition were replaced at some point. I was out $600, and FNA told me I was SOL.

So i went to a local locksmith, bought a couple generic Fiat keys, and he cut them based on my original, broken key. $5.

Ive been hunting for an uncut Ferrari key for a while now. Apprently you can only get them from Italy, and they only come cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    you have issues.

10. #10 Default  
    Reminds me of that time we were all at game on and me and kyle were flirting with those older whores and they didn't believe you had a ferrari and we showed them the keys and they were like, wtf is this? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?
    Retired Professional Troll

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wolf View Post
    Reminds me of that time we were all at game on and me and kyle were flirting with those older whores and they didn't believe you had a ferrari and we showed them the keys and they were like, wtf is this? lol
    jd's car club

12. #12 Default  
    OMG LOL yes that was the night! Totally forgot about that
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?
    Retired Professional Troll

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wolf View Post
    OMG LOL yes that was the night! Totally forgot about that
    lol

i meant to get t-shirts made but never got arround to it

Thread Information