Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Engine Light

1. #1 Default Engine Light 
    hey guys,

I have this problem, every time I put on my GruppeM Intake I get my engine light on! The first time I took it off and put on the stock one and everything was perfect and I decide to put it back on (GruppeM) I run it for 3 week's and everything was perfect until today again the engine light came on.

Im thinking of just getting re-off it..

but any suggestions why is this happening?
    Audi RS4 V8 B7: Tubi Exhaust, Fast Intentions Downpipes, H-Pipe ECS Tuning, Wheels Spacers Front 5mm & Rear 10mm, K&N Air-filter, APR Tuned,Michelin Super Sports, H&R Springs, Tints All Around, Valentine One Radar Locator & Smoked Taillights

2. #2 Default  
    Your check engine light? I have to check... don;t you also have led lighting back in the engine bay?

-Justin

White Hairdresser's Car, Orange Car with Hand-Built Engine (Like AMG) and 6-Speed (Not like AMG)

3. #3 Default  
    I'm not terribly familiar with audi ECUs. Do you know if your system uses a MAF sensor? If so, did you have to take the sensors out of the stock intake and bolt it/them into this one when you put it in?

I'll also throw the standard recommendation out there - is your gas cap on right?

Do you have any way to check the code? That'll be the best info in fixing this.

-Justin

White Hairdresser's Car, Orange Car with Hand-Built Engine (Like AMG) and 6-Speed (Not like AMG)

4. #4 Default  
    Get someone with a vag-com to check your codes, it's probably a MAF issue.

5. #5 Default  
    I had the GruppeM on my RS4 for about a year and no check engine light, also I have a vag-com and could check the fault

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuicksilverR8 View Post
    I had the GruppeM on my RS4 for about a year and no check engine light, also I have a vag-com and could check the fault
    Check it. The only sensors that you'd be disturbing with the intake should be the MAF(s?) and maybe IAT sensors if you have them separately. It may just be a connector. Plug it in and see what the computer's whining about.

-Justin

7. #7 Default  

That would be helpful! I really appreciate that cuz i have no idea what's an "vag-com" or how to use it..

What's the best way to meet up with you?
    Last edited by RS4V8; 09-26-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Audi RS4 V8 B7: Tubi Exhaust, Fast Intentions Downpipes, H-Pipe ECS Tuning, Wheels Spacers Front 5mm & Rear 10mm, K&N Air-filter, APR Tuned,Michelin Super Sports, H&R Springs, Tints All Around, Valentine One Radar Locator & Smoked Taillights

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    Check it. The only sensors that you'd be disturbing with the intake should be the MAF(s?) and maybe IAT sensors if you have them separately. It may just be a connector. Plug it in and see what the computer's whining about.

-Justin

Justin thank's for the posts

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    Get someone with a vag-com to check your codes, it's probably a MAF issue.
    will do thanks

10. #10 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by RS4V8 View Post
    That would be helpful! I really appreciate that cuz i have no idea what's an "vag-com" or how to use it..

What's the best way to meet up with you?
    A vag-com is used to read the ECU on Audi's and VW's, will tell you what is throwing the fault and you can also clear the fault light. I'm in Swampscott and around most of the time

11. #11 Default  
    A vag-com is used to read the ECU on Audi's and VW's, will tell you what is throwing the fault and you can also clear the fault light. I'm in Swampscott and around most of the time
    I can come by right now? or is it better for you on Saturday around 12

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by RS4V8 View Post
    I can come by right now? or is it better for you on Saturday around 12
    Saturday would work, where do you live?

13. #13 Default  
    For codes that will throw a check-engine light, you can use any OBDII scanner. The vag-com (I know it's sad, but I giggle every time I see that) is only needed if you want to get into programming things like light dimming delays and such.

-Justin

14. #14 Default  
    Saturday would work, where do you live?
    ok perfect! in downtown.. by Washington Street

15. #15 Default  
    ok so this afternoon suddenly my engine light went off...

16. #16 Default  
    The ECU might not like the flow readings the new intake is causing. This is an issue with ram air style intakes especially. Aftermarket software can sometimes "loosen up" these parameters. I would speak to APR since you're already tuned. We sell Unitronic software and they do offer patch files on request if you are having issues caused by an intake.

We also have VAG-COM...free reading of codes too

17. #17 Default  
    Audis are super picky about airflow readings from different intakes. Also can be MAF turbulence. We have had a ton of S5/A5 3.2's come in with intakes and lean mixture faults/rich mixture faults from MAF turbulence. So much so that Audi themselves has us check to see what PN the OE filter has if the car is stock. Older filters had a different paper pleat and caused issues.

Thread Information