Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Dynamat experts....

1. #1 Default Dynamat experts.... 
    right now i am in the process of stripping the cayenne of its stereo equipment. (see thread: project destroy rebuild destroy, which i will be making later today.)

I noticed that the dynamat is coming off really easy. like really really clean and easy. silly question, but can i re use it? i was thinking of peeling it off, and then hitting it with a heat gun and re-applying it in the shocker-mobile. worth a try right?

as sound deadening the floors, i am thinking of cheaping out, and getting peel and seal from home depot. from what ive read, it smells like the poo for a day or two, then the smell goes away. I think i can live with that, because i will probably have the car stripped down for a few days whilst re installing my audio equipment.

anyone have any experience with this stuff?

also in the cayenne, theres this foam rubbery sticky stuff that has been applied in certain places over the dynamat. anyone know wha tthis stuff is? i will see if i have a picture of it on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    you have issues.

2. #2 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Can not be reapplied but I do have about 50 square feet of dynamat extreme I may be willing to part with for like half off. Foam stuff is more sound deadening.
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

3. #3 Default  
    Look into FatMat or RaaMat... Much cheaper than Dynamat.

They say you can't reapply Dynamat, but if you could get a good attachment, I don't see why you couldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    brass isn't good enough for those guys. Too heavy. They have burnt titanium because they are that awesome.

4. #4 Default  
    throw a new adhesive on it and call it a day. You'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?
    Retired Professional Troll

Thread Information