Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Benghazi Attacks: Why The Cover Up?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default Benghazi Attacks: Why The Cover Up? 
    Blog Entries
    So now that it's apparent that the White House knew it was a terrorist attack... What's the reason for the cover up?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...21024?irpc=932

I am not sure what political gain was to come from this.
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

2. #2 Default  
    Because they asked for additional security and were declined? Because he doesn't want to have had a terrorist attack on his watch?

3. #3 Default  
    i don't see a cover up there. There wasn't precise information and enough official confirmation that there was a terrorist attack. In the past terrorists groups have claimed responsibility for attack that they did not carry out because it was advantageous for them to do so. I don't see anything wrong in making sure all the facts are straight before issuing an official statement of what is known.

I do how ever think that the white house acted too slowly in responding to the embassies request for more security prior to the attack, that is on the administration.

4. #4 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
    i don't see a cover up there. There wasn't precise information and enough official confirmation that there was a terrorist attack. In the past terrorists groups have claimed responsibility for attack that they did not carry out because it was advantageous for them to do so. I don't see anything wrong in making sure all the facts are straight before issuing an official statement of what is known.

I do how ever think that the white house acted too slowly in responding to the embassies request for more security prior to the attack, that is on the administration.
    It took them 2 weeks to acknowledge it. I'm sorry it doesn't take that long to figure it out. And if they took that long...there is alot more wrong with this administration. Another reason to get the the F out

5. #5 Default  
    Blog Entries

Did you read the link? A terrorist group did acknowledge the attack the same day and the whitehouse knew about it
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

6. #6 Default  
    If there wasn't precise information (which there was) why did he draw his own conclusion? Same thing he did with the Cambridge cops only now its something important. I don't have all the info, but I'm just going to jump to conclusions and make an ass out of myself anyway. He either deliberately denied it for political gain, or his first instinct is to make incorrect assumptions and apologize on behalf of America as fast as possible? I'm not sure which is worse, but they are both bad.

7. #7 Default  
    To pull an excuse from another thread, they probably get tons of warnings about threats of attack and don't pursue them all.

That said, I can only imagine that when something gets blowed up there are a few organizations that sometimes hurry to take credit for it. Yea, these guys posted about taking credit for it on FB & Twitter (FB? More like Burkabook, amiright?). It probably took some time to get all the stories straight from various sources to confirm. Who knows.

I'll wait till they take the Pres and VP into a room to be questioned about it later, and have that entire meeting not be on public record, before I throw the cover-up flag.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    It took them 2 weeks to acknowledge it. I'm sorry it doesn't take that long to figure it out. And if they took that long...there is alot more wrong with this administration. Another reason to get the the F out
    oh really, you are an expert in foreign affairs???? I personally try to not say things I am not sure about. I can understand you wanting the information to come out faster, but from what I have read ( and no am not sure it is 100% accurate) things are still slow coming out of that region of the world. Yes it is much improved but I for one am glad people didn;t just jump to conclusions right away.

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    Did you read the link? A terrorist group did acknowledge the attack the same day and the whitehouse knew about it
    didn;t you ready what i posted. Just because someone says they did something doesn't mean they did

10. #10 Default  
    I did not have sex with that woman
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?
    Retired Professional Troll

11. #11 Default  
    look last time we as a nation jumped the gun we ended up in a war where the so called "WMD" never materialized........

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wolf View Post
    I did not have sex with that woman

13. #13 Default  
    oh really, you are an expert in foreign affairs???? I personally try to not say things I am not sure about. I can understand you wanting the information to come out faster, but from what I have read ( and no am not sure it is 100% accurate) things are still slow coming out of that region of the world. Yes it is much improved but I for one am glad people didn;t just jump to conclusions right away.
    Never said I was an expert. But two weeks? Come on man.

14. #14 Default  
    Blog Entries
    didn;t you ready what i posted. Just because someone says they did something doesn't mean they did
    Yes but back to my original question, why lie about it? "The situation is still unfolding and when I know more, you'll know more"
    Would have sufficed, instead he blamed it on some movie, that Is unclear if anyone has heard of there.

15. #15 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Never said I was an expert. But two weeks? Come on man.
    sure two weeks. Hey would I like the info faster absolutely, but I actually asked this to Johnny Sununu a while back and he basically said everything coming out of that region is still slow to have corroboration on. Just because we can all jump on the intrawebs and access all kinds of crap does;t mean that all that crap is still a good source. Sources and statements still need to be vetted.

16. #16 Default  
    What? People didn't jump to conclusions? That's exactly what they did.

17. #17 Default  
    http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-emai...tory?track=rss

if you read this version it looks like the group later said they didn;t do it. So which is true???? This is what I am talking about, i think it hard still to determine truth from fiction.

I do not think the administration blatantly lied about it. I can how ever agree that maybe they should have said nothing, but they were being pressed by the statements Romney threw out and it seems they rushed it. I still don;t think it was a planned lie meant to keep the truth from the american people. So in other words i don;t think they thought they were lying.

It is all frustrating, I hate all the rush we put on them. I believe it was the same type of pressure on Bush to come to quick conclusions following 9/11 and subsequently bad decisions were made. I do not believe Bush ever wanted to go to war, but I do think there was/is a ton of pressure to figure things out quickly and sometimes it just isn;t possible. If someone just had the ands to say that it would be nice.
    Last edited by Trptguy; 10-24-2012 at 12:11 PM.

18. #18 Default  
    Ibwar

19. #19 Default  
    A drone was flying over benghazi for the entire ordeal for 7 hours. Backup troops were less than 1 hr away in multiple locations.

This is a foreign policy nightmare, and people deserve to know all the facts.
    STI sedan with shocker sticker

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by evoq007 View Post
    A drone was flying over benghazi for the entire ordeal for 7 hours. Backup troops were less than 1 hr away in multiple locations.

This is a foreign policy nightmare, and people deserve to know all the facts.
    i can agree with that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information