Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Shoe thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Default Shoe thread 
    Edit:

Moved all the shoe chatter in the 'new stuff thread' to here. Have at it.

Feregamo are great if you have a desk job. If you have to do some significant walking or standing though you will wear through them pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Intheflesh; 12-27-2012 at 12:01 PM.

2. #2 Default  
    I do have a desk job. However I hope they don't wear out soon, do not want to replace them.

Also went to the outlet to try to save money. They have very few shoes there in normal sizes or at least anything that will fit me. One of the three they had was the grey driving shoes you have Mike. I didn't get them because thought it would be lame copying you. Turns out you have these too. I fail at originality.
    Last edited by Big Pete; 12-27-2012 at 10:01 AM.

3. #3 Default  
    Very Nice mike

Ive been jonesing a new pair of shoes.

I have a hatred for sneakers, and wear some sort of loafers whether its work or play. But I noticed walking around the mall that my back and my heels started hurting.

I was thinking of getting a pair or 2 of cole haans because of the nike soles, but kyle and pete both said that their's self destructed on them.

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    you have issues.

4. #4 Default  
    Not sure what the deal is with cole haan. They were discussed on here before and it seemed 50/50 on people that really liked theirs and people who thought they wore out way too fast. I have tried a pair on once and didn't find it especially comfortable, but when I posted that before people said that that was a cheap pair and the more expensive ones were made in italy and were nicer or something. I am looking at a pair now since I want regular lace up black shoes. Feel like I only wear them a few times a year, but need to have them for those occasions.

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
    Feregamo are great if you have a desk job. If you have to do some significant walking or standing though you will wear through them pretty quickly.
    I have 4 pairs, this is wrong

6. #6 Default  
    I've got a pair of those Cole Haan lunarglides with the orange soles. They're mad comfy and haven't blown up on me yet. Even made it through some parties without getting destroyed, so I don't really know about mileage but they stand up to quite a bit of drunken-style abuse.

Mom went to school with the Ferragamo kids, so if they wear out prematurely maybe I can try to get replacements for you Pete. Doubt they will though.

7. #7 Default  
    ive been wanting a fair of ferragammo shoes, my girlfriend has like way too many. but i work at a car dealership and move around a lot and get in and out of strangers cars all day, so would destroy them in like a week.

8. #8 Default  
    IDK wtf kind of loafers I have, nothing fancy, but they are comfy as all hell

But do need to get some shoes before the weekend...not sure what I'm gonna get

9. #9 Default  
    Yeah, no longer settling for uncomfortable shoes. Had a pair of rockport oxford things and they felt comfortable originally but they had gotten to the point where they would hurt like hell after a half hour or so of walking in them. I was going to an audit where I knew I would have to count inventory in a massive warehouse. So went to nordstroms and asked for the most comfortable shoe that could be worn with slacks/shirt/tie. They came up with these, some eccos and 2 other kinds. I got the eccos at the time since I couldn't afford these and I needed black and they only had brown, but decided I would buy these later.

10. #10 Default  
    i always found Bostonian shoes to be pretty comfortable

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by streetxdreamer View Post
    i always found Bostonian shoes to be pretty comfortable
    i have found the opposite

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i have found the opposite
    me too.

13. #13 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Not sure what the deal is with cole haan. They were discussed on here before and it seemed 50/50 on people that really liked theirs and people who thought they wore out way too fast. I have tried a pair on once and didn't find it especially comfortable, but when I posted that before people said that that was a cheap pair and the more expensive ones were made in italy and were nicer or something. I am looking at a pair now since I want regular lace up black shoes. Feel like I only wear them a few times a year, but need to have them for those occasions.
    I have a feeling you are going to wear the shoes apart. I had 3 pairs back to back to back that all failed in less than 6 months each
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

14. #14 Default  
    cole haan? or ferragamo?

15. #15 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I am really a fan of the sax 5th ave house brand of driving shoes. Mine make a little noise now when I walk but they were only like $60 or $70
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

16. #16 Default  
    but how are they when you are on your feet all day? My work shoes double as my weekend shoes. I want something I can walk around the mall in for 3 hours and not be in pain.
    You.... have problems.
    you have issues.

17. #17 Default  
    If you have pain in your heals/back I think that means the shoe does not have enough support? So a driving shoe may not be the best choice.

18. #18 Default  
    Mine all wear out fast too, no matter how high quality the shoe. So I just buy a new pair of Steve Maddens for $50 every 6 months and it keeps me happy since they're cheap. The only shoes that have actually somewhat lasted are my Rockport lace up dress shoes, I think they were just over $100.

19. #19 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheflesh View Post

I was thinking of getting a pair or 2 of cole haans because of the nike soles, but kyle and pete both said that their's self destructed on them.

Mine are fine had them for over a year.

Regarding comfort, in Germany I was walking around so much that I actually developed palantar faciitis. Basically my heel is fucked up . I got these special inserts to fix the problem and I'm all better. To avoid the situation, I bought Dr. Scholes comfort inserts for my loafers and Active inserts for my workout shoes. It's a night and day difference. So worth the money
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i love that scope
    Kev: Who the Fuck would buy a P226 in 9mm ME: Ummm the Navy Seals? Kev: yeah well what do they know?
    Retired Professional Troll

20. #20 Default  
    I do have a few pairs of orthotics but i never wear them lol.

I have a high arch and thats why my back hurts. My feet are an 11 with a 12.5 arc length according to those foot measure thingees
    You.... have problems.
    you have issues.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread Information