Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Domain Registrars

1. #1 Default Domain Registrars 
    Blog Entries
    Who are you guys using? The company I owned all my domains through was bought by another company last year. I just found that a pile of my domains lost their auto renew status when they switched over to the new system. I have been sitting here screwing around with the Registrar's domain console and I am really hating this thing. Between not having a support number to call anymore and having a brick for a UI, I think its time I migrate my domains to someone new... I had to order some of my domains through GoDaddy which seems like a brilliant interface. But something rubs me wrong about them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have about 35 domains in total that I'd like to transfer to one central location, that has an excellent userface and console that actually works
    Last edited by 55fanatic; 01-08-2013 at 01:28 AM.
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

2. #2 Default  
    Didn't think there was a wrong way for Danica to rub me...but I'll let her try.

Anyways, subscribed for responses. This does peak my interest.

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from Cranial-Rectal Inversion

Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    Older cars just have more soul
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Fanatic View Post
    Can you imagine if we had 2 Rich's on this forum? oye

3. #3 Default  
    I know you can register domains through Google, but they just resell for enom or godaddy or whatever. No idea if they have the features you want though.

4. #4 Default  

5. #5 Default  
    I have always had good luck with GoDaddy.

My buddy uses them also, and I think he has close to 150 domains.
    Samuel C. Lurie - Owner/President
    The Beantown Sound - Professional Disc Jockey Services
    -----------------------------
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2011 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4
    2002 Porsche 996TT

6. #6 Default  
    I've been using DirectNIC for over 10 years and have never had an issue. Tho I think they're on the pricier side of domains compared to GoDaddy.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

7. #7 Default  
    GoDaddy is what we use for the barber shop, and my coworkers all use GoDaddy for their personal stuff... Never had an issue. I don't necessarily like their SOPA policies... But for the most part... They are great.
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    brass isn't good enough for those guys. Too heavy. They have burnt titanium because they are that awesome.

8. #8 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nperkins View Post
    GoDaddy is what we use for the barber shop, and my coworkers all use GoDaddy for their personal stuff... Never had an issue. I don't necessarily like their SOPA policies... But for the most part... They are great.
    Kinda why I don't trust em, I won't be hosting through them though. Also just discovered they have an iPhone app for domain management. This might be a quick search if this app works well
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    Kinda why I don't trust em, I won't be hosting through them though. Also just discovered they have an iPhone app for domain management. This might be a quick search if this app works well
    Correct. My hosting is elsewhere, I just registered the domains with them and point the name servers to my hosting company.
    Samuel C. Lurie - Owner/President
    The Beantown Sound - Professional Disc Jockey Services
    -----------------------------
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2011 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4
    2002 Porsche 996TT

10. #10 Default  
    I use www.wsmdomains.com. I don't have them hosting anything and have not gone into the control panel for years since I only use my domain for email. For work we use Network Solutions godaddy sucks.

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam @ The Beantown Sound View Post
    I have always had good luck with GoDaddy.
    +1
    I am not a 14 year old girl, but I play one on the internet.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say 'I don't know what these dangly things are, but I am going to yank on them and drink whatever comes out.'

12. #12 Default  
    I've had some problems with go daddy. Like trying to cancel service and them continuing to charge me anyway.

I've had good luck with 1 and 1.

13. #13 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I've had some problems with go daddy. Like trying to cancel service and them continuing to charge me anyway.

I've had good luck with 1 and 1.
    Hosting? I am tied down to our host provider

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    Hosting? I am tied down to our host provider
    No I registered through them too.

15. #15 Default  
    godaddy... auto renew every 3 years at a time i don't think i even know my username/password anymore it's been so long

16. #16 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam @ The Beantown Sound View Post
    Correct. My hosting is elsewhere, I just registered the domains with them and point the name servers to my hosting company.
    same here... different hosting, just use godaddy for the domain...
    brass isn't good enough for those guys. Too heavy. They have burnt titanium because they are that awesome.

17. #17 Default  
    I resell through GoDaddy, excellent service a few hiccups. I have used Host Gator, 1 and 1, Vortech, and GoDaddy has been the best with services, prices, and flexible options. You can host through another company, but just about all of my clients/customers do a one stop shop. I hate SOPA/PIPA as well, but none of my clients have had any problems.

Another thing, there are several "domain registars" that are resellers through GoDaddy, you wouldn't even know it.

Pete, I can get you some special pricing on the domains you can call or PM me I would be glad to help you get the moves done.
    CLS500 |AMG Package | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | iPod Kit | Keyless Go | Parktronic | Distronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Trunk Closer | Voice Command

R500 | Premium Package | Lighting Package | Entertainment Package | Parktronic | Hands Free Communication | Bluetooth | Chrome Package | On 20's

E320 | On Chrome 16's

Thread Information