Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: summer wheels

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56
  1. #21 Default  
    not sure if serious.

    Floors have a lot of sand from the winter. Going to vacuum out the whole car with shop vac and then possibly use the leather stuff on the seats if I am not too tired of kneeling halfway through (extremely likely). Hopefully after vacuuming the mats will look good, otherwise I will have to try to get them shampooed or just order the ones Bader got, they looked nice and price was reasonable.

    I want to learn how to use a buffer, but I'm afraid I will fuck something up royally. I have read many times that it is very hard to fuck up with a decent buffer, but if it can be done, I'm just the guy to do it.
    Reply With Quote  

  2. #22 Default  
    I need to clean my mats too

    polisher is not difficult to use
    Reply With Quote  

  3. #23 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    not sure if serious.

    Floors have a lot of sand from the winter. Going to vacuum out the whole car with shop vac and then possibly use the leather stuff on the seats if I am not too tired of kneeling halfway through (extremely likely). Hopefully after vacuuming the mats will look good, otherwise I will have to try to get them shampooed or just order the ones Bader got, they looked nice and price was reasonable.

    I want to learn how to use a buffer, but I'm afraid I will fuck something up royally. I have read many times that it is very hard to fuck up with a decent buffer, but if it can be done, I'm just the guy to do it.
    100% serious, leaf blower works really well, gets all the dust etc from all the nooks and crannies, I generally follow up with details brushes then the vac but for a quick blast it does pretty well
    Reply With Quote  

  4. #24 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Easton, MA
    Posts
    5,530
    Pete: this may interest you--http://forums.yuppieracing.net/showthread.php?12670-Come-join-us-for-Adam-s-Polishes-Free-Detail-Clinic-on-4-13-13


    I'm sorry to hear you suffer from Cranial-Rectal Inversion

    Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    Older cars just have more soul
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Fanatic View Post
    Can you imagine if we had 2 Rich's on this forum? oye
    Reply With Quote  

  5. #25 Default  
    only thing about paint correcting a car is that its a lot of work
    Reply With Quote  

  6. #26 Default  
    I saw that, Rich. I'd love to go, but so far away.
    Reply With Quote  

  7. #27 Default  
    Summer tires are permanently mated to summer wheels which are permanently mated to summer cars.

    All-season tires are permanently mated to all-season wheels which are permanently mated to all-season cars.

    We just change keys.
    Lotus Esprit V8
    Ferrari 360 Modena F1
    Porsche Boxster S
    BMW X5
    Audi RS 4
    Reply With Quote  

  8. #28 Default  
    Which category does RS4 fall into? RS4 deserves some summers!
    Reply With Quote  

  9. #29 Default  
    Will probably swap just before yummies.

    any snow we get at this point won't last long enough to be a hindrance on summers.
    Reply With Quote  

  10. #30 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    Will probably swap just before yummies.

    any snow we get at this point won't last long enough to be a hindrance on summers.
    unless you need to commute to work
    Reply With Quote  

  11. #31 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
    unless you need to commute to work
    Drove to work in the first storm we got before christmas on my summers. Just took a bit longer to stop than normal.
    Reply With Quote  

  12. #32 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Which category does RS4 fall into? RS4 deserves some summers!
    Just looked. It is still sporting Blizzaks from the PO.

    Will swap to ultra-high performance all-season tires when they wear out.

    Honestly don't believe there will be a difference between those and max-performance summer tires on that car (for our purposes), outside of bragging rights.

    The car won't be tracked (I don't think), its top speed is governed to around 155 mph, and it's AWD -- which should aid in lateral tracking performance (which RWDs try to make up for via tire grip -- thus, would certainly benefit from max-performance summer tires). Summer tires on the RS 4 seems like a marketing hype / waste, if owners are not tracking them -- owners get them to improve lateral grip on the race circuit...certainly not for the purpose of top speed. Highway pulls? Unless the governor is removed, the summer tires won't make a single bit of difference.

    996 or 997 Turbos and GT-Rs are different stories -- pulls above 149 mph are easily (and frequently ) done, and you don't want to risk blown tire(s) at those speeds.
    Last edited by Lotus Man; 03-16-2013 at 02:16 AM.
    Lotus Esprit V8
    Ferrari 360 Modena F1
    Porsche Boxster S
    BMW X5
    Audi RS 4
    Reply With Quote  

  13. #33 Default  
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NewHammiejamistan
    Posts
    282
    My wheels are back ordered until May
    MKV GTI 2.0T APR Stage Eleventy-thousand+
    Reply With Quote  

  14. #34 Default  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    21,560
    I'm working on acquiring a summer car- preferably one with summer wheels.
    Reply With Quote  

  15. #35 Default  
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Posts
    1,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    I'm working on acquiring a summer car- preferably one with summer wheels.
    Looking at anything specific?
    2012 TT-RS
    Reply With Quote  

  16. #36 Default  
    dem asses

    Reply With Quote  

  17. #37 Default  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Metrowest
    Posts
    1,336
    QP kept summers this year since I never got around to replacing the one cracked winter rim.
    Avalanche won't switch back to summers until after some of the potholes get filled. Usually around Patriots day.
    -Mike
    2006 Quarter Pounder Sport GT with cheese.
    Reply With Quote  

  18. #38 Default  
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    6,372
    a week from today when new wheels come in
    Porsche 991 GT3
    Green/ Black Iridescent
    HRE P101-IPE Catless Exhaust- Techart Steering Wheel-991R/ Classic Livery- Carbon Fiber Exterior Package
    Reply With Quote  

  19. #39 Default  
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somerville, MA
    Posts
    1,159
    As soon as I find a large enough vehicle to put 4 wheels and tires in to get them mounted.
    STI sedan with shocker sticker
    Reply With Quote  

  20. #40 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Easton, MA
    Posts
    5,530
    Call SPlatt. His audi is cavernous and he's also in Slummerville iirc.


    I'm sorry to hear you suffer from Cranial-Rectal Inversion

    Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    Older cars just have more soul
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Fanatic View Post
    Can you imagine if we had 2 Rich's on this forum? oye
    Reply With Quote  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •