Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: CHATebrex: Your prescription for boredom

Page 1567 of 1570 FirstFirst ... 567106714671517155715651566156715681569 ... LastLast
Results 31,321 to 31,340 of 31400
  1. #31321 Default  
    I was thinking the same
    -Mike
    2006 Quarter Pounder Sport GT with cheese.

2. #31322 Default  
    Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and motherfuckers.

-Justin

3. #31323 Default  
    Anyone have any thoughts on Boyle's Body Works in Arlington or Mike's Autobody in Malden? Looking at having some paint work done on the 348, color matching the targa top and correcting a couple of blemishes.
    348 - Z3M Roadster - Chevelle - M3

4. #31324 Default  
    I've heard good things about Mike's in Malden (there's one in Woburn too and heard not so good things about that one). Rick from Unique Car Care has a few customers with cars from there and he's impressed with their work. That's how I heard of them.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

5. #31325 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsablurr View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on Boyle's Body Works in Arlington or Mike's Autobody in Malden? Looking at having some paint work done on the 348, color matching the targa top and correcting a couple of blemishes.
    I would recommend Today's Collision in Malden if you need to be in that city. The have worked on all of my vehicles and are very very good.

6. #31326 Default  

Adopted a new dog. I don't know if they'll both fit in the Miata.

-Justin

7. #31327 Default  
    good luck with that

8. #31328 Default  
    So there is more talk about the Barrett Jackson auction on the bike and gun forums than there is here.

Anyone going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Mike

9. #31329 Default  
    nope. I know someone who went last year. lot of lookers but little buyers.
    I am not a 14 year old girl, but I play one on the internet.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say 'I don't know what these dangly things are, but I am going to yank on them and drink whatever comes out.'

10. #31330 Default  
    where is it?

11. #31331 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mthaynes View Post
    nope. I know someone who went last year. lot of lookers but little buyers.
    we're working on trying to bring something to Boston...

Unfortunately they sold out all their tickets last year but had poor sales experience
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

12. #31332 Default  

Girl was driving in the left lane next to my wife. Apparently she went to swat a bug in her car and drove into the driver's door, spinning her off into the ditch on the side of 95.

I wish this had happened before I put in the new throw out bearing a couple of weeks ago.

-Justin

13. #31333 Default  
    Yikes. Hope everyone is ok
    -Mike

14. #31334 Default  
    Wow hope she is ok

15. #31335 Default  
    Wife was/is fine. I think the biggest impact would have been rear-first into the ditch which is the best way to go.

I did get word from the insurance company that it's a total loos today. Going to pull my plates off it tomorrow at the tow yard.

The wife is pretty upset about the car. I'm not thrilled either, especially since this is going to mean another damned Subaru in the driveway (or, more likely, in the garage on jackstands...).

-Justin

16. #31336 Default  
    glad to hear all are OK
    I am not a 14 year old girl, but I play one on the internet.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say 'I don't know what these dangly things are, but I am going to yank on them and drink whatever comes out.'

17. #31337 Default  
    Ouch, glad to hear she's okay.

What do you think the replacement will be?
    "It was more passionate than just cuddling"

18. #31338 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    Ouch, glad to hear she's okay.

What do you think the replacement will be?
    Forester. There isn't much you can get with a hatchback, AWD and a manual transmission. I don't know why Subaru doesn't offer the manual with the turbo, but of the two options the third pedal is more important to my wife.

It would be nice if the insurance company would contact me with a settlement offer. It sat in the tow yard for 4 days before they sent anyone to look at it. Rental is supposed to run out today, so I need to call the insurance company and have that pushed out a bit.

-Justin

White Hairdresser's Car, Orange Car with Hand-Built Engine (Like AMG) and 6-Speed (Not like AMG)

19. #31339 Default  
    Forester?

20. #31340 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
    Forester?
    We had been running a 3 car rotation.

The Miata is my summer car. The FR-S is her summer car.

The Outback is her winter car. The FR-S with snow tires is my (rarely used) winter car.

Outback also serves as dog car / pickup truck fro when we need to move anything larger than a toaster.

The Outback is a giant pile of shit. We bought it used with about 90k and I think we're put 30k on it since. In addition to the normal maintenance, it has gone through 2 throw out bearings, a clutch, headgaskets, brakes (all), brake lines (just replaced) and it's sitting now waiting on a brake caliper to replace the one that is sticking. It also needs an exhaust.

The Outback was the next vehicle on the replace list, so we had a few replacements for that in mind. Replacing the FR-S wasn't anticipated. We had expected that car to be here for a while.

Forester because there are almost no options out there for a hatch / wagon with AWD and a manual transmission. It's basically the Forester, XV Crosstrek, Impreza hatch and Mini. The other Subarus have an incredibly weak engine and a transmission that feels like it came from a tractor (similar to our Outback).

We'll get the forester and then probably sell the Outback and get something fun to replace it.

-Justin

Thread Information