Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: CHATebrex: Your prescription for boredom

Page 1568 of 1571 FirstFirst ... 568106814681518155815661567156815691570 ... LastLast
Results 31,341 to 31,360 of 31407
  1. #31341 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    Forester. There isn't much you can get with a hatchback, AWD and a manual transmission. I don't know why Subaru doesn't offer the manual with the turbo, but of the two options the third pedal is more important to my wife.

It would be nice if the insurance company would contact me with a settlement offer. It sat in the tow yard for 4 days before they sent anyone to look at it. Rental is supposed to run out today, so I need to call the insurance company and have that pushed out a bit.

-Justin
    They gave me an offer of ~$13k, which is nowhere near the replacement cost. Does anyone have tips for getting more from insurance?

The accident is the other driver's fault. If it were my wife's fault, I would just have to consider the shortfall an idiot tax. I really don't feel like I should have to take a few thousand dollar personal hit for some dumb twat who couldn't stay in her lane.

-Justin

2. #31342 Default  
    definitely argue it. If you need a lawyer i know a good one

3. #31343 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
    definitely argue it. If you need a lawyer i know a good one
    I spoke to the guy yesterday and immediately told him his number was not where I needed to be.

I sent him some comps and I guess I'll see what he comes back with. I don't know if a lawyer would pay for himself in this case. The difference between their offer and the value is only about $3k. A lawyer could eat that on photocopies in a week.

-Justin

4. #31344 Default  
    Blog Entries
    you could also call your insurance company and tell them whats going on... they may step in and fight for you
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

5. #31345 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    you could also call your insurance company and tell them whats going on... they may step in and fight for you
    That's the thing. I AM dealing with my insurance company - and it's a different insurance company from the girl that hit crashed into my wife so I don't understand trying to lowball me.

I'm not looking for an unreasonable amount. I'm not claiming this is some collector car. I just want the payout to somewhat correspond to the car's replacement value.

-Justin

6. #31346 Default  
    Blog Entries
    how did the comps work?
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

7. #31347 Default  
    how did the comps work?
    Except for having to call about 10,000 times to get a returned call, they worked fine. Ended up at $15,500 which is within a set of tires of where I wanted to be - and the FR-S needed a set of tires.

It's going to piss me off forever that I had just changed that throw out bearing, though.

-Justin

8. #31348 Default  
    Except for having to call about 10,000 times to get a returned call, they worked fine. Ended up at $15,500 which is within a set of tires of where I wanted to be - and the FR-S needed a set of tires.

It's going to piss me off forever that I had just changed that throw out bearing, though.

-Justin
    That'll teach you to maintain your cars.
    "It was more passionate than just cuddling"

9. #31349 Default  
    Blog Entries

-Justin
    I have been reimbursed for maintenance I paid to have done

10. #31350 Default  
    glad to hear you got a better number. In other news, my Mother inlaw's car was hit on the rotary in Concord. Teenage girls driving the other car. She is a tough 80 year old. had the car towed and then went and played bridge. She is not feeling great this morning though and my wife is over there, might have to go see a doctor.

I may need to call a lawyer.....sigh

11. #31351 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
    glad to hear you got a better number. In other news, my Mother inlaw's car was hit on the rotary in Concord. Teenage girls driving the other car. She is a tough 80 year old. had the car towed and then went and played bridge. She is not feeling great this morning though and my wife is over there, might have to go see a doctor.

I may need to call a lawyer.....sigh
    I have a good one for you... several members on the forum have used him before including Scott

12. #31352 Default  
    I have a good one for you... several members on the forum have used him before including Scott
    yeah I have already used him for my last accident and he is excellent

13. #31353 Default  
    I have been reimbursed for maintenance I paid to have done
    I put it in myself. If I had paid, I'd be less annoyed. I don't think the $75 is worth fighting over.

I pick up my new Forester tomorrow. This is the least excited I have ever been about a car purchase.

-Justin

14. #31354 Default  
    I put it in myself. If I had paid, I'd be less annoyed. I don't think the $75 is worth fighting over.

I pick up my new Forester tomorrow. This is the least excited I have ever been about a car purchase.

-Justin
    sorry to hear that, cars should be fun

15. #31355 Default  
    Blog Entries
    thinking about heading out for a drive of the Mohawk trail this weekend... if either of you are interested

16. #31356 Default  
    thinking about heading out for a drive of the Mohawk trail this weekend... if either of you are interested
    i would be interested

17. #31357 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Sunday around 10ish?

18. #31358 Default  
    saturday?

19. #31359 Default  
    Had to reload

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Mike
    2006 Quarter Pounder Sport GT with cheese.

20. #31360 Default  
    what is that?

Thread Information