Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: The All Encompassing "This Is What I Want This Week" CLASSIC Car Chat Thread

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Default  
    ^ 930 regular or slant nose is the one car I need buy at some point, keep getting side tracked with other stupid shit.

I wish they actually put this into production.

2. #42 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterZ View Post
    ^ 930 regular or slant nose is the one car I need buy at some point, keep getting side tracked with other stupid shit.

I wish they actually put this into production.
    This. I'm a sucker for 8 series. I don't care about maintenance or electrical issues, etc. I love this car, especially the 850csi. M8 would have been the perfect autobhan cruiser
    1999 C43 AMG: E55 18' Monos, K&N filters, H&R Sport springs, Bilstein Sport schocks, Full LED interior, LED License plate, 8k HIDs head/fog lights, 10mm spacers, resonator + 2 sec. cats deleted, AMG license plate cover, AMG flat hood badge, matte black front grill, AMG pedals, 35% tint, yellow calipers, CF door pins, SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads.

3. #43 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 99C43AMG View Post
    This. I'm a sucker for 8 series. I don't care about maintenance or electrical issues, etc. I love this car, especially the 850csi. M8 would have been the perfect autobhan cruiser
    850csi is the M8 it has the M badges on it all over the place BMW just never made it official. I never really had too many electrical issues with my 850ci and drove it for 14 years not doing much of anything except for oil changes. Last year I did everything it needed to make it 100% for the rally and I was at about 8k to make it right.

4. #44 Default  
    850csi is the M8 it has the M badges on it all over the place BMW just never made it official. I never really had too many electrical issues with my 850ci and drove it for 14 years not doing much of anything except for oil changes. Last year I did everything it needed to make it 100% for the rally and I was at about 8k to make it right.
    Well they had plans to make a M8 which was supposed to be a very different animal than the 850csi but it never made it to production. The 850sci has 380hp but the M8 was supposed to have 550hp thanks to a bored out V12. The project was eventually abandoned but the only real M8 is locked is BMW "car bunker" (Giftschrank). The pic you posted is clearly that M8 with the flare wheels arches and air intakes in it.

I mean look at that bad boy!!!

1999 C43 AMG: E55 18' Monos, K&N filters, H&R Sport springs, Bilstein Sport schocks, Full LED interior, LED License plate, 8k HIDs head/fog lights, 10mm spacers, resonator + 2 sec. cats deleted, AMG license plate cover, AMG flat hood badge, matte black front grill, AMG pedals, 35% tint, yellow calipers, CF door pins, SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads.

5. #45 Default  
    Yes I wish they put that car into production its at the BMW museum now. Here is the CSI motor with the M badge on it and BMW put the M badge in a few other locations on the CSI it is also totally different then the regular I or CI 850. I think the sales numbers of the 8 series sucked and they canned the whole M8 idea still not sure why they put the M badges on the CSI.

6. #46 Default  
    Yes I wish they put that car into production its at the BMW museum now. Here is the CSI motor with the M badge on it and BMW put the M badge in a few other locations on the CSI it is also totally different then the regular I or CI 850. I think the sales numbers of the 8 series sucked and they canned the whole M8 idea still not sure why they put the M badges on the CSI.
    Interesting, I did not know that the csi had ///M badges all over it. I mean any 8 series model is awesome, timeless look for sure. I'd even be happy with a 840i, and I'm sure my wallet would as well

7. #47 Default  
    840 is still good looking, but having a v12 makes it much cooler, imo. just because v12s seem so rare these days.

8. #48 Default  
    Bath salts and dick pills

9. #49 Default  
    Wow that interior looks beat. Not bad looking from the outside, maybe new rear bumpers?
    Matt

10. #50 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by [cerberus] View Post
    Wow that interior looks beat. Not bad looking from the outside, maybe new rear bumpers?
    Right motor.
    Interior would get gutted.
    Would get new front and rear bumpers, plus a ducktail.
    Wheels/suspension.

11. #51 Default  
    Right motor? Don't think so. This will be a failure and after you do everything else to the car you will want to fuck with the motor. Build this like your bike and get a shell 911.

12. #52 Default  
    Right motor? Don't think so. This will be a failure and after you do everything else to the car you will want to fuck with the motor. Build this like your bike and get a shell 911.
    This is probably the wisest post on the subject.

13. #53 Default  
    I wanted this in the 80's and I still want one.

14. #54 Default  
    Wasn't there some article on jalopnik or something about how vector was like the worst car company ever and so on and so on?

15. #55 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Wasn't there some article on jalopnik or something about how vector was like the worst car company ever and so on and so on?

Not sure, that just makes me want it more.

16. #56 Default  
    Right motor as in I want a 3.2 or 3.6. I agree with you that I need to build the whole damn thing

17. #57 Default  
    Last edited by jjm4life; 05-20-2013 at 09:43 PM.

18. #58 Default  
    Think of how much work you think you'd have to put into that car, then double it.
    Plus where would it live while it was being restored?

You're an instant gratification kind of guy, you've said that before. I think this car would take two years to be "done".

19. #59 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    Think of how much work you think you'd have to put into that car, then double it.
    Plus where would it live while it was being restored?

You're an instant gratification kind of guy, you've said that before. I think this car would take two years to be "done".
    My biggest concern is where it would live. I very much enjoyed the process with my bike, and would love a project like that again.

20. #60 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    My biggest concern is where it would live. I very much enjoyed the process with my bike, and would love a project like that again.
    All urbanite gearheads are doomed to insanity, too little space to waste our money.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Thread Information