Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: B8 S4 Build Thread

1. #1 Default B8 S4 Build Thread 
    Picked up a CPO 2011 S4 this past Saturday. But I would like to start this off by saying goodbye to my two pigs. I just couldn't deal with paying for two cars which got less than 10 mpg, so off they went.

And then home came this little lady:

Then, as I have automotive ADD, within 12 hours of purchase, I decided to change the color on the wheels. In actuality, I have a friend who bought a Mercedes GL a few months back and asked me to Plasti-dip his wheels, I ordered the kit, and then he disappeared, so I ended up paying for this stuff to just sit around, and was quite interested into how it worked and would look, so...

Actually came out pretty decent (I also did this half assed and in my driveway, so it probably could have been better, but the wheels will be replaced eventually so who cares).

I wont be going all out on this like I did the Mustang, I only plan to keep this for 3 years at most. Mods will come slowly to start as I am changing career paths and taking a pay cut to start, but with a much larger growth potential. Planned mods are:

Wheels (havent figured out which yet)
    AWE exhaust
    AWE S-Flo intake
    Stasis lowering springs and sway bars
    Stasis front brake upgrade
    APR Stage II tune and pulley kit
    RS4 style grill
    Carbon fiber exterior bits.

That will probably do it for this one. The car is an S-Tronic, which is a nice transmission, but I will probably get bored without a man pedal, and hopefully will be able to upgrade in a few years.

I will eventually get around to taking more pics of this and will update here.
    --- 2000 360 Modena F1 --- 1979 Fiat 124 Spider --- 2014 Wrangler Unlimited --- 1980 Yamaha XS650 Bobber --- 1979 Yamaha XS750 Cafe ---
    (Prior)
    --- 2011 S4 --- 1990 Eclipse GSX --- 2005 Mustang GT --- 1992 3000GT VR4 --- 2007 Triumph Daytona 675 ---
    ---Lots of Trucks---

2. #2 Default  
    Looks like its going to be a pretty cool project car. Someone in my neighborhood has an s4 with exhaust and it sounds pretty good. I was surprised how well it sounded.
    2003 Dodge Viper: new project
    2004 Avalanche: parts hauler

3. #3 Default  
    S2+ gives the car a lot more pep. Congrats on the pick up.

4. #4 Default  
    Congrats on new car. Looking forward to see the mods coming!
    1999 C43 AMG: E55 18' Monos, K&N filters, H&R Sport springs, Bilstein Sport schocks, Full LED interior, LED License plate, 8k HIDs head/fog lights, 10mm spacers, resonator + 2 sec. cats deleted, AMG license plate cover, AMG flat hood badge, matte black front grill, AMG pedals, 35% tint, yellow calipers, CF door pins, SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads.

5. #5 Default  
    Congrats on new car

btw dont get the roc euro intake. I installed one on my friends B8, was not impressed with their design

6. #6 Default  
    Nice pickup and planned mod list. Feel free to give me a shout if we can help you with any of your mods!

7. #7 Default  
    Nice pick up! I find myself looking at them at least twice a week.

Damn, the S4 is becoming the new civic on YR. It reminds me of the great E92m epidemic of '09-10. And who can forget the GTR infestation of '08.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    you have issues.

8. #8 Default  
    looking good

Quote Originally Posted by Intheflesh View Post
    Damn, the S4 is becoming the new civic on YR. It reminds me of the great E92m epidemic of '09-10. And who can forget the GTR infestation of '08.
    there always has to be a yr civic
    '00 GS300
    '08 IS250
    '05 IS300
    '73 240Z
    Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Philsans5
    Wes get your hands out of there!
    Quote Originally Posted by streetxdreamer View Post
    spotted LFA in toilet, promptly flushed it
    Quote Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
    Hennessey

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Intheflesh View Post
    Nice pick up! I find myself looking at them at least twice a week.

All I'm saying is that it's a win win, and for those of you in the north east (pretty much everyone), its a win win win. Great performance, good gas mileage (seriously, I have gotten this thing into the mid 40s on the highway), comfortable, and AWD.
    --- 2000 360 Modena F1 --- 1979 Fiat 124 Spider --- 2014 Wrangler Unlimited --- 1980 Yamaha XS650 Bobber --- 1979 Yamaha XS750 Cafe ---
    (Prior)
    --- 2011 S4 --- 1990 Eclipse GSX --- 2005 Mustang GT --- 1992 3000GT VR4 --- 2007 Triumph Daytona 675 ---
    ---Lots of Trucks---

10. #10 Default  
    congrats
    AWE exhaust is an awesome addition, love mine. Great people as well...they sent me a free exhaust clamp last week
    for carbon bits you can contact eurogear usa. I have their rear valence and front splitter.
    you can fit the rs5 grille on your car, many s4 fitted them. I got mine which is a copy of the oem one for i think 200-300 shipped from the far east.
    Porsche 991 GT3
    Green/ Black Iridescent
    HRE P101-IPE Catless Exhaust- Techart Steering Wheel-991R/ Classic Livery- Carbon Fiber Exterior Package

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bader.abbas View Post
    you can fit the rs5 grille on your car, many s4 fitted them. I got mine which is a copy of the oem one for i think 200-300 shipped from the far east.
    Thanks for the tip, I've been looking at this and many people seem to have had issues getting RS4 style grills onto the S4.
    (Prior)
    ---Lots of Trucks---

12. #12 Default  
    I have an AWE exhaust that I have sell it to you. I think it's unrensonated with Diamond black tips. you interested?

13. #13 Default  
    Got a quick polish and wax in and went out and grabbed some pics.

(Prior)
    ---Lots of Trucks---

Thread Information