Help Wanted: Looking To Hire High School / College Age Staff - No Experience Required –
What do we do:
• We entertain everything from Weddings and Bar-Mitzvah's, to School Dances, and Corporate Events across New England. We provide sound systems, lighting, photo novelties, and multimedia systems.
What do we want you to do?
• Load and unload equipment (some objects are very heavy) from vehicles into function halls, hotels, and other event facilities.
• Setup and breakdown sound and lighting systems containing fragile and expensive equipment.
• Act as an assistant to, and take direction from the DJ/MC, including, but not limited to playing music, controlling lighting, and/or taking photos. (We'll provide you with training.)
Requirements & Pre-Requisites (The ideal candidate will possess the following)
• High school or college age. (16-25 years old is ideal.)
• Professional attire, owning a minimum of at least one black suit, and other nice "dress" clothes.
• Clean, respectable, and presentable as it pertains to personal hygiene (including hairstyle).
• Well spoken, and intelligent. (Musical and technical knowledge is a plus.)
• Positive attitude and excited to learn the industry.
• The ability to lift objects 50lbs or greater, frequently.
• Have your own vehicle (or access to when required), and live within a reasonable commuting distance, of Peabody, MA.
• Understand that you may be expect to work most, (or every) Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Saturday night, and Sunday. Bookings vary seasonally, and some weekends are busier than others.
• You must be reliable and dependable. Calling out sick last minute, or showing up late is instant grounds for termination. Generally speaking, the schedule is known WELL in advance, and last minute excuses are unacceptable.
Compensation & Benefits
• This is a part time position, containing no benefits other than your starting hourly rate. With training and experience, comes the opportunity for advancement in position, and pay.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume to sam AT thebeantownsound DOT com ensuring to include the following:
• Your age, current hometown, and a recent photograph.
• A list of related experience as it pertains to this position.
• Reasons why you're interested in the mobile DJ industry, and this job.
Again, no experience is required.
Samuel C. Lurie - Owner/President
The Beantown Sound - Professional Disc Jockey Services
2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
2011 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4
2002 Porsche 996TT