Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Did Alex Roy's cross country record get broken?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default Did Alex Roy's cross country record get broken? 

2. #2 Default  
    Spoiler: Yes
    2012 TT-RS

3. #3 Default  
    I couldn't deal with the gas smell for 29 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    I stopped a moment like that too... I wiped Mat's cheek cause he had nutella all over his face

4. #4 Default  
    Still reading it, but good. Alex Roy annoys the crap out of me.

5. #5 Default  
    This is a dream of mine to attempt this... This guy just REALLY raised the bar...

And if I ever attempt it, I WILL have a fully sealed firewall between the passenger compartment so you won't be able to smell any gas...
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    brass isn't good enough for those guys. Too heavy. They have burnt titanium because they are that awesome.

6. #6 Default  
    Some comments:

1. If you can smell gas the whole time, something is wrong. Those fuel cells are far from safe....

Ed had someone working on a radar jammer, but it wasn't ready in time.
    Hellooooo jail time.

Roy, for his part, doesn't wish to speak publicly about it.
    somebody is mad

4. not waiting for the statute of limitations to run out is incredibly stupid...

7. #7 Default  
    He also admits to having exact GPS data of speed and position at all times held by a third party. Hellllllo subpoena.

8. #8 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Dat amg...
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

9. #9 Default  
    Step 1. Convince Pete to add fuel cells to E55...
    Step 2. Stock up on Red bull.
    Step 3. Send it.
    brass isn't good enough for those guys. Too heavy. They have burnt titanium because they are that awesome.

10. #10 Default  
    I don't think i'd ever go for a cross country speed run. Not these days. The repercussions are too large. This guy is in for a world of hurt by not waiting to announce it.

I'll do little adventures, like the racing the sun trip. But cross country is a trip I want to take my time and enjoy.

11. #11 Default  
    Thanks for the fun read! They're nuts to sit and smell that much fuel for almost 29 hours!! LOL!!

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

12. #12 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nperkins View Post
    Step 1. Convince Pete to add fuel cells to E55...
    Step 2. Stock up on Red bull.
    Step 3. Send it.
    Not happening. Maybe when I'm old and gray, but while I have to report to a "Boss", that's not happening unless it's some type of a publicity stunt and an employer has authorized it.
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

13. #13 Default  
    Not happening. Maybe when I'm old and gray, but while I have to report to a "Boss", that's not happening unless it's some type of a publicity stunt and an employer has authorized it.
    I think your current boss would approve
    2012 TT-RS

14. #14 Default  
    I don't think i'd ever go for a cross country speed run. Not these days. The repercussions are too large. This guy is in for a world of hurt by not waiting to announce it.

I'll do little adventures, like the racing the sun trip. But cross country is a trip I want to take my time and enjoy.
    i'd like to do a mixture, some high speed stuff in the desert or wherever you can do it safely, combined with some sight seeing and cruising as well

15. #15 Default  
    Would love to drive across country.

Not sure a 100k+ mile supercharged MB coupe would be my car of choice, though.

That being said. They'll get him on some law technicality, or prove he was there with some sort of speed cameras.

That is an insane feat to get across that fast

16. #16 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Would love to drive across country.

Not sure a 100k+ mile supercharged MB coupe would be my car of choice, though.

That being said. They'll get him on some law technicality, or prove he was there with some sort of speed cameras.

That is an insane feat to get across that fast
    Now a GT500... THAT would be a great car... ;)

17. #17 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJF View Post
    I think your current boss would approve
    Not according to my employee handbook...

18. #18 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    i'd like to do a mixture, some high speed stuff in the desert or wherever you can do it safely, combined with some sight seeing and cruising as well
    Exactly what I want to do. I'd do it west to east. Fly out, pick up a car, drive home east. Some playing in the desert where you can get away with it. And then see stuff the whole way home.

19. #19 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Exactly what I want to do. I'd do it west to east. Fly out, pick up a car, drive home east. Some playing in the desert where you can get away with it. And then see stuff the whole way home.
    oddly enough, Ive got a bunch of friends who say high speed driving in the desert is a no no... cause everyone has the same idea... desert = no law

20. #20 Default  
    oddly enough, Ive got a bunch of friends who say high speed driving in the desert is a no no... cause everyone has the same idea... desert = no law
    There are places you can do it. My friend Bryan (with the Evo who drives on my lemons team) did the trip. Bought his Evo in Ca and drove it home. He said there were a few places where you could see for miles and he was well into the triple digits.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information