Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: which tablet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #21 Default  
    my nephew and niece have no problems taking care of the ipads like they were gold

they know if it gets broken .. they don't get another one.

2. #22 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    Which tablet do their friends have? Seriously. Because it's not about the technology... it's about the apps/games and the sharing with their friends.
    Definitely a big thing to consider. Seelan if you wait a little you'll find a deal on whatever it is you're looking for. I look on slickdeals.net daily for good stuff and tablets (both android and apple) pop up all the time.

3. #23 Default  
    ugghhhh minecraft.... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    brass isn't good enough for those guys. Too heavy. They have burnt titanium because they are that awesome.

4. #24 Default  
    the stuff their friends have runs the gamut. It really depends on what the parents have. As far as a 10 year old having a table/Ipad well it is much different now than when we were all kids. This is now just standard. He has friends developing apps and shit. This is the new gameboy.

He is very bright so I am not concerned about whether he will break it. I just want to make sure that it has the most functionality for him in regards too cool apps/games and decent web surfing capabilities (with me keeping an eye on where he surfs)

5. #25 Default  
    So I think I am going with the nexus 7

6. #26 Default  
    IPad minis are the same price at a few places on Friday if you're going back and forth between those

7. #27 Default  
    If it were my kid, I wouldn't spare expenses. Get him an iPad Mini! I am sure he'll appreciate it! And there a few beefy cases out there to protect it! But you said you want the best functionality for him, so then you should get the new iPad Air...

In regards to the general opinion about kids and electronics, I think its absolutely normal for kids these days. Every single of my cousins from 3 to 12 have either iPhones, iPads, Macs or all at once...
    Last edited by Kazakh015; 11-25-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    "The E60's V10 is like dating that hot girl who takes you for granted, makes you buy her stuff all the time, the sex is mind blowing and she screams too loud during the act, mother never approved of her, and she got too drunk at your wedding and made out with the best man"

Aldiyar (Boston, MA)

2008 E60 BMW ///M5 (V10 SMG)
    40XXX Miles
    Spacegrau Metallic
    Vollleder Merino Silverstone II/ Alu Shadow, gebürstet

8. #28 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazakh015 View Post
    If it were my kid, I wouldn't spare expenses. Get him an iPad Mini! I am sure he'll appreciate it! And there a few beefy cases out there to protect it! But you said you want the best functionality for him, so then you should get the new iPad Air...

In regards to the general opinion about kids and electronics, I think its absolutely normal for kids these days. Every single of my cousins from 3 to 12 have either iPhones, iPads, Macs or all at once...
    Spoken like a true Yuppie
    1999 C43 AMG: E55 18' Monos, K&N filters, H&R Sport springs, Bilstein Sport schocks, Full LED interior, LED License plate, 8k HIDs head/fog lights, 10mm spacers, resonator + 2 sec. cats deleted, AMG license plate cover, AMG flat hood badge, matte black front grill, AMG pedals, 35% tint, yellow calipers, CF door pins, SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads.

9. #29 Default  
    Send them outside to break sticks and dig holes.

I turned out alright

10. #30 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post

I turned out alright
    I kinda feel the same way. I know the norm is shifting to be that all kids have a thousand electronic devices these days, but it's also killing people's ability to actually interact with other people.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    you are definitely one seriously dedicated, possibly certifiable individual
    Motorcycles - KZ400 Cafe Build, XS500 Build

11. #31 Default  

I turned out alright
    I kinda feel the same way. I know the norm is shifting to be that all kids have a thousand electronic devices these days, but it's also killing people's ability to actually interact with other people.
    My kid spends everyday out side shooting a minimum of 500 pucks (his idea of fun) and he helps out with all of the outside work. Does he get a good amount of stuff from me , yes. Is he spoiled, I don;t think so. I make him buy most things he wants on his own and he works for all of his money.

He prefers to be outside and doing things with friends so that is good. The tablet is more for when he just wants to chill.

12. #32 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    IPad minis are the same price at a few places on Friday if you're going back and forth between those
    i am not leaving to go shop on Friday. I hate Black friday with a passion!!!!!!!!!!

13. #33 Default  

I turned out alright
    I kind of agree on that, kids are growing organisms and would benefit greatly from physical activity!

In the case of cousins, their father forces them to do a lot of activities...talk about swimming three times a week with a properly hard couch, martial arts, soccer and + playing outise withe the neighboring kids...so I think they deserve their iPhone 5's, iPads and whatnot..

Quote Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
    My kid spends everyday out side shooting a minimum of 500 pucks (his idea of fun) and he helps out with all of the outside work. Does he get a good amount of stuff from me , yes. Is he spoiled, I don;t think so. I make him buy most things he wants on his own and he works for all of his money.

He prefers to be outside and doing things with friends so that is good. The tablet is more for when he just wants to chill.
    Kid's growing up the right way!
    "The E60's V10 is like dating that hot girl who takes you for granted, makes you buy her stuff all the time, the sex is mind blowing and she screams too loud during the act, mother never approved of her, and she got too drunk at your wedding and made out with the best man"

Aldiyar (Boston, MA)

2008 E60 BMW ///M5 (V10 SMG)
    40XXX Miles
    Spacegrau Metallic
    Vollleder Merino Silverstone II/ Alu Shadow, gebürstet

14. #34 Default  
    hahah….ended up getting the kindle fire hdd 32gb…..got a great price on it so that is his big gift for xmas.

15. #35 Default  
    best buy is doing a $100 gift card with ipad mini
    Father of Phiff

16. #36 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    best buy is doing a $100 gift card with ipad mini
    Saw that. Might get iPad for mom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information