Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Is there a COMPLETE VOIP solution that truly works?

1. #1 Default Is there a COMPLETE VOIP solution that truly works? 
    I'm looking for a VOIP solution for both voice and text. Basically, I want two local phone numbers on my one cellular phone.. Skype does it, but charges $0.11 per text message which is nuts. Vonage appears to only text to other vonage users...

Is there anything out there? Or do I just need to start buying burner phones? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    brass isn't good enough for those guys. Too heavy. They have burnt titanium because they are that awesome.

2. #2 Default  
    Cocaine business taking off?

3. #3 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nperkins View Post
    I'm looking for a VOIP solution for both voice and text. Basically, I want two local phone numbers on my one cellular phone.. Skype does it, but charges $0.11 per text message which is nuts. Vonage appears to only text to other vonage users...

Is there anything out there? Or do I just need to start buying burner phones? lol
    there are no open platform messaging utilities that would work like SMS to my knowledge
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

4. #4 Default  
    Viber?

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterZ View Post
    Viber?
    This! I use Viber to call anyone overseas and keep in touch. Works with Android, Blackberry and iPhone IIRC. I really like it. Works great as long as you have a good connection, otherwise it can get choppy.
    1999 C43 AMG: E55 18' Monos, K&N filters, H&R Sport springs, Bilstein Sport schocks, Full LED interior, LED License plate, 8k HIDs head/fog lights, 10mm spacers, resonator + 2 sec. cats deleted, AMG license plate cover, AMG flat hood badge, matte black front grill, AMG pedals, 35% tint, yellow calipers, CF door pins, SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads.

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchBenz View Post
    This! I use Viber to call anyone overseas and keep in touch. Works with Android, Blackberry and iPhone IIRC. I really like it. Works great as long as you have a good connection, otherwise it can get choppy.
    What about incoming calls/text? Don't you have to initiate the conversation?

And yup... Crack business is doing well for me.
    brass isn't good enough for those guys. Too heavy. They have burnt titanium because they are that awesome.

7. #7 Default  
    Anyone who has Viber can call you at anytime, like a landline. Provided that you at least have 3G. But they need to have the app too. Incoming texts come in just as any BBM, whatsapp if you use those. Or like an iMessage.
    1999 C43 AMG: E55 18' Monos, K&N filters, H&R Sport springs, Bilstein Sport schocks, Full LED interior, LED License plate, 8k HIDs head/fog lights, 10mm spacers, resonator + 2 sec. cats deleted, AMG license plate cover, AMG flat hood badge, matte black front grill, AMG pedals, 35% tint, yellow calipers, CF door pins, SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads.

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchBenz View Post
    Anyone who has Viber can call you at anytime, like a landline. Provided that you at least have 3G. But they need to have the app too. Incoming texts come in just as any BBM, whatsapp if you use those. Or like an iMessage.
    Yeah... I need something with a physical phone number that I can give out... I don't mind paying a monthly fee, but don't want to spend $90/mo on a full phone.

A coworker said look into a phone with dual sim cards, but I don't know that I want to go through that hassle, and if I'm doing that I might as well just carry two phones.

9. #9 Default  
    Anybody have experience with MyAKA?

10. #10 Default  
    Is google voice still a thing?
    2012 TT-RS

11. #11 Default  
    Use Google voice for a separate number?

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by KPewPew View Post
    Use Google voice for a separate number?
    i use google voice when i post craigslist ads, works wonderfully.

i just have it forwarded to my cell, and i can shut off the forwarding anytime i want.
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    i use google voice when i post craigslist ads, works wonderfully.

i just have it forwarded to my cell, and i can shut off the forwarding anytime i want.
    I have google voice, but I thought it just did email... And unfortunately, most people on CL want to text these days...

14. #14 Default  
    They can text your google voice number. Used it for CL ads. You would reply using the google voice app or website. I suggest you take a look at it.

15. #15 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by KPewPew View Post
    They can text your google voice number. Used it for CL ads. You would reply using the google voice app or website. I suggest you take a look at it.
    O rly... I shall investigate.

16. #16 Default  
    Figured it out... My google voice number was so old (2010), it didn't support texting and all that stuff... Got a new number, and it appears to work well.

Only glitch is that I have it configured to receive on my phone as well, and when it shows up on my phone in hangouts, it shows a random phone number, not the phone number of the actual person... Which isn't a big deal since its only for craigslist crap.

17. #17 Default  
    I'm glad it worked for you.. and free!

Thread Information