Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Tune or no tune ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Default Tune or no tune ? 
    Just found out that I can do an APR tune and pulley and get 108awhp and an extra 80tq, and as long as I flash back to stock at the local apr dealer before going to the Audi dealer then Audi cannot detect it (if they detect a flash they flag the vin td1 and it never goes away, obviously if the car ever has issues it could be a problem). My car is CPO so warranty is very important to me....but the extra hp is really tempting.

Local apr dealer is in waltham, my office is in watertown which is only a few miles away.

it only costs $2200 installed, $22 per hp is the least I have ever paid, by a mile.

what would you do ?

2. #2 Default  
    no tune.
    Father of Phiff

3. #3 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I'd be kinda on the fence with tuning a car under warranty. Although with 100more hp, that A6 is virtually perfect as a daily driver
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

4. #4 Default  
    Tune, but come to us instead

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    I'd be kinda on the fence with tuning a car under warranty. Although with 100more hp, that A6 is virtually perfect as a daily driver
    Its already pretty quick, it feels quicker than my s was, it's great on the highway and it pulls pretty hard from the lights, I'm really not disappointed in the power at all, but a cheap extra 100hp is just so damn tempting.

6. #6 Default  
    drive pcar if you wanna go fast.
    Father of Phiff

7. #7 Default  
    I don't know about a tune, but it definitely needs a multi tier wing on the back.
    Just the right amount of way too much.

Don't make me assume my ultimate form.

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    Tune, but come to us instead
    i would but 2 hours drive is just too much

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    drive pcar if you wanna go fast.
    Urite, I guess, can't drive it for half the year though

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by omgomg View Post
    I don't know about a tune, but it definitely needs a multi tier wing on the back.
    Obviously, plywood is being delivered tomorrow

10. #10 Default  
    Blog Entries
    how long is the warranty good for? It may be great mileage but like next year?
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

11. #11 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    Obviously, plywood is being delivered tomorrow
    are you going with formica finish?

12. #12 Default  
    I know all tuners claim that they can flash back and be undetectable, but all tuners are lying. Yes you'll probably pass the basic checks, but if a dealer wants to know if you've messed with tunes, they can always tell. There are check-sum values that will always change, even going back to stock.

If it's a daily, i wouldn't bother. at least not at first.

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    I know all tuners claim that they can flash back and be undetectable, but all tuners are lying. Yes you'll probably pass the basic checks, but if a dealer wants to know if you've messed with tunes, they can always tell. There are check-sum values that will always change, even going back to stock.

If it's a daily, i wouldn't bother. at least not at first.
    apparently its been proven, I'm still skeptical though

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    are you going with formica finish?
    Like faux marble maybe ? and miniature Greek columns as the supports

15. #15 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Like faux marble maybe ? and miniature Greek columns as the supports
    excellent taste my friend

16. #16 Default  
    been trying to figure out the same thing. APR tune on the TTRS is like $900 and adds 50hp and 110 lb/ft of torque! crazy numbers and the car can already go 0-60 in 4 sec.
    2012 TT-RS

17. #17 Default  
    Good thing is at least your ECU does not need to come out. So a quick flash back to stock once a year for service would be pretty simple. One good thing I have learned is R8's our immune to that TD1 scan check, sure Audi could find the tune if they looked deeper but if I just bring my car in for service would not get detected. Also once my ECUs come out to be benched flashed they will be able to bring back to stock or reflash tune through port. I know from when I had my Stasis tune I picked up over 50hp and 50Tq at the wheels and APR suppose to be even higher. And cost is $1,500 plus a couple hours of labor so a bargain compared to $30k supercharger

18. #18 Default  
    I would leave it stock until the warranty runs out unless you're willing to fork over the money when Audi decides they don't want to cover problems x y and z. Mod it after the warranty expires if you think you'll keep it.

19. #19 Default  
    It's under warranty until 2018, I'll likely only keep it a couple of years.

i want to research more, if It can be proven that Audi cannot find it no matter how deep they dig then I think I'll go for it, if anything happens to the car I'll get it towed to the apr dealer first then tow it to Audi.

20. #20 Default  
    It's under warranty until 2018, I'll likely only keep it a couple of years.

i want to research more, if It can be proven that Audi cannot find it no matter how deep they dig then I think I'll go for it, if anything happens to the car I'll get it towed to the apr dealer first then tow it to Audi.
    I suspect APR can get it back and hard to find, but like I said, there is always a way to tell if they want to dig deep enough. It's just how far do they want to dig. I'm betting that most checks a dealer can run won't see it if APR is claiming that, but if you anger them, i'm sure they can ship the ECU out to be inspected (unlikely to happen).

I know on the subarus tuners were claiming you could flash back and be undetectable. Even Cobb claimed the Accessport could be unmarried and undetectable. Subaru laughed and updated the dealer's software and proved they could in fact tell very easily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information