Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Modding my S65

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #21 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    oh I gotcha... this is the dump the dead hooker truck
    Yes, but this was not how I sold it to my wife...

2. #22 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zax65 View Post
    Yes, but this was not how I sold it to my wife...
    "We needed it for Joe's bachelor party"

3. #23 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    "We needed it for Joe's bachelor party"
    It was actually " Yeah, but think of this...When I am driving the truck, you can drive the Benz!" Believe it or not that sh-t works on my wife. AND she is psyched that it should be a ten second car when it gets back from Chicago...I've got a good one.

4. #24 Default  
    Blog Entries
    It was actually " Yeah, but think of this...When I am driving the truck, you can drive the Benz!" Believe it or not that sh-t works on my wife. AND she is psyched that it should be a ten second car when it gets back from Chicago...I've got a good one.
    any update on this? Are you frying tires by the truckload yet?
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

5. #25 Default  
    Sorry, been off the site... Not roasting tires yet, but close. Since I last posted, I've made a few mods to the build which delayed a bit. I asked Speedriven to scrap their scorpion quad intake, which in my view is just sucking tons of hot air from the top of the motor, and fab me a custom CAI. This involves removing the radiator and hogging out bits of the surround to allow for 3-3.5 inch piping through the front firewall. In addition, I'd like more real time data, so they are installing a zietronic interface, but the company that makes the display, I believe dashdaq, stopped selling their display until new ownership releases their version of it, delaying me further. The turbos took a week longer than expected to get back, as did the powdercoating, as did the LSD from England. I ordered up an additional HE to help with the cooling, cause as you know on these cars you can never get enough cooling. They tell me it gets buttoned up this week and goes to the dyno, where we will see the end result. Unfortunately, due to the insane snow and cold they were having in Chicago when I sent the car, I finally bagged on the "before" dyno because it had already delayed the build three weeks while waiting for the Dyno's backlog to clear from all of weather delays. The car should have been making about 670 at the crank before. Hopefully car is back next week. I have only paid them a deposit, so I assume at some point they may want to get paid.

In other words, normal build delays.

I did, however, pick up a nice, low mileage '09 Porsche Cayenne GTS with a manual Trans (I've been told they only sold 33 of them in the US in '09, so I was psyched to find it locally) to be my new daily driver when I'm not rolling in the Benz...the M1009 got a bit draining, especially on the highway.

6. #26 Default  
    Cayenne eh? I know a guy trying to get rid of a sub box for a cayenne!

7. #27 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    Cayenne eh? I know a guy trying to get rid of a sub box for a cayenne!
    Integrated? On my Benz adding stereo components is a nightmare, don't know about the Cayenne...any info on the box?

8. #28 Default  

Intheflesh has been wanting to sell it for a while, that's all I know

9. #29 Default  
    Sorry for the delay...car is trucking its way home...I fell a little short of my goal... 679 whp on a Dynojet and 849 wft/lbs of torque, or roughly 820 hp and 1020 ft/lbs. I'm looking forward to my shakedown run at NED, coming soon!image.jpg

10. #30 Default  

11. #31 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for the delay...car is trucking its way home...I fell a little short of my goal... 679 whp on a Dynojet and 849 wft/lbs of torque, or roughly 820 hp and 1020 ft/lbs. I'm looking forward to my shakedown run at NED, coming soon!image.jpg
    OMG... tell me when, MUST GO SEE THIS
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

12. #32 Default  
    Great stuff. Well done!
    Samuel C. Lurie - Owner/President
    The Beantown Sound - Professional Disc Jockey Services
    -----------------------------
    2012 Mercedes S65-AMG
    2011 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4
    2002 Porsche 996TT

13. #33 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam @ The Beantown Sound View Post
    Great stuff. Well done!
    Thanks! Car came in yesterday, it pulls like crazy. Can't wait to get it to the track. I'll post up when I'm going.

14. #34 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Thanks! Car came in yesterday, it pulls like crazy. Can't wait to get it to the track. I'll post up when I'm going.
    Maybe we can get the AMG guys together... I know Mike, Brandon and I have been dying to get to the track, and Mike at least will have some new mods soon

15. #35 Default  
    NHRA is at NED this weekend, so if they have a Wed street night next week the track should still be nice and sticky since they prep the hell out of it for the nitro cars.

16. #36 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    NHRA is at NED this weekend, so if they have a Wed street night next week the track should still be nice and sticky since they prep the hell out of it for the nitro cars.
    so youre saying that is the time to go?

17. #37 Default  
    so youre saying that is the time to go?
    Probably the best the track will be for street night all season, considering they do zero prep for those nights. Sunday Test and Tunes and the first street night after a major event (NHRA, IHRA Summer Nats, Jet Cars Under the Stars) are the times to go. The Test and Tunes are fun because you share the track with some very serious drag cars.

18. #38 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    Probably the best the track will be for street night all season, considering they do zero prep for those nights. Sunday Test and Tunes and the first street night after a major event (NHRA, IHRA Summer Nats, Jet Cars Under the Stars) are the times to go. The Test and Tunes are fun because you share the track with some very serious drag cars.
    I am going to go up tonight and take a quick run see if I can hook. ZS

19. #39 Default  
    Blog Entries
    a bunch of AMG guys are headed up on Wednesday night

20. #40 Default  
    a bunch of AMG guys are headed up on Wednesday night
    I'll see if I can make it. Not impressed tonight with my 60 ft or ET, ran a 11.35 @ 128 with a terrible 1.87 60 ft.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread Information