Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Washing your car at a carwash - video inside

1. #1 Default Washing your car at a carwash - video inside 
    Blog Entries
    I used to do something similar. some ideas if you cant wash at home

Thanks to Dave for giving me the heads up on this
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

2. #2 Default  
    could he please repeat things a few more times? I didn't get it the first 5 times.

seriously though, this is relevant to my interests. No outside water hookup on my place, so I'd have to run a super long hose from the basement.

3. #3 Default  
    don't know about other wash bays, but Neponset Carwash doesn't let you use buckets. i usually do 2 separate washes also (when the freaking credit card swipers are working). rinse/soap/triple foam for 4 mins, scrub down with mitt, then rinse/wax for 4 mins. only thing that i dislike is the soap drying up while scrubbing down.

4. #4 Default  
    That's basically what I do at the Lexington car wash, except after using the self service bay, I pull back around and run it through the touchless bay to get the underbody wash/spray and the air drier. Then head home, do a final dry, and wipe down the car with Griot's "Car Wash" spray (winter) or their "Speed Shine" spray (summer).

5. #5 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
    That's basically what I do at the Lexington car wash, except after using the self service bay, I pull back around and run it through the touchless bay to get the underbody wash/spray and the air drier. Then head home, do a final dry, and wipe down the car with Griot's "Car Wash" spray (winter) or their "Speed Shine" spray (summer).
    If Im in a rush that's what I do... except I make sure to dry before I leave.

Contra, if you try to do this during rush, no car wash allows it, but if you go off hours before closing or just as they open, nobody cares
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

6. #6 Default  
    yeh that's a good point. i also always try to wash during non busy times too so that i can dry it in the bay. otherwise water spots just ruin all your hard work. maybe i'll bring a bucket next time if i havent fixed my pressure washer.

Thread Information