Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: 2014 Euro Philly Cheesesteak run

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Default 2014 Euro Philly Cheesesteak run 
    Blog Entries
    A few of you sent me texts and messages on facebook after I posted about this...
    Anyone interested in going?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
    This is for a caravan from Maryland but I wanted to post this here because I think it'd be great if you all want to meet us in Philly, or work out a caravan of your own!

This will be our Fifth Annual Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run! Over the last four years attendance has been strong and we expect nothing less this year. We even had the New York Times write an article about it last year!

We would like to keep the bulk of the cars "Euro" related (BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, etc) but if you have friends with nice cars that are outside of those parameters, certainly feel free to invite them. The only reason we're not inviting all makes and models is to keep it from growing to hundreds of cars (which it has been in the past).

2014 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run
    Saturday, May 10, 2014

9:00 am - Meet at Ikea in College Park
    10100 Baltimore Ave
    College Park, Maryland 20740

Leave promptly at 10:00 am. It takes approximately three hours to get to Philly from here (with tolls and stops factored in).

11:30 am - Arrive at Delaware House rest stop to regroup, use the restrooms, and gas up if needed.
    Delaware House Welcome Center & Rest Stop
    Jfk Memorial Hwy, Newark, DE 19702

12:00 pm - Get back on the road towards Philly.

1:00 pm - arrive at Tony Luke's Cheesesteaks
    39 East Oregon Avenue
    Philadelphia, PA 19148

FACEBOOK EVENT <------ click for the event on Facebook.

If you live in the PA, NJ, DE, NY etc area and don't want to join the cruise (or want to set up your own), just meet at Tony Luke's around
    1:00 pm. If you organize any of your own cruises, please let me know and I will spread the word.

Tony Lukes Cheesesteaks website: Tony Luke's Cheesesteaks - The Real Taste of South Philly - Pronto | Pazotti.

Parking - the best place to park is next to the Tony Lukes restaurant, under I-95. There are at least a few hundred parking spaces so parking will not be an issue. There is also a small parking lot across the street for about 20 cars.

Eating - Across the street from the restaurant is the "steak shop" and that's where I recommend you get your food. There will be quite a line but it will be worth the wait. The restaurant has limited seating and will fill up quick with all the people that are coming.

If you post this on any other forums that I haven't included, please post the link here so I can update the list!

Videos from previous years:

This will be posted on the following forums:
    6 Speed Online
    Audizine
    Bimmerforums
    E46 Fanatics
    E90 Post
    Early 911 Registry
    Ferrari Chat
    Gruppe Titan
    Luxury4Play
    M3 Forums
    M3 Post
    Maserati Life
    MB World
    Planet-9
    R3VLimited
    Saab Link
    Stanceworks
    Supra Forums
    VW Vortex
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

2. #2 Default  
    Blog Entries
    another video

The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

3. #3 Default  
    will be at lemons that weekend, otherwise I would.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    you are definitely one seriously dedicated, possibly certifiable individual
    Motorcycles - KZ400 Cafe Build, XS500 Build

4. #4 Default  
    Im in CT, just under 3 hrs to Philly, if there is a group going i'm in to meet up on the way down.

Just in case, my house is pretty much the halfway point from Boston to Philly. 5-10min off 95 and/or the Merritt (Rt 15) so its a pit stop for anyone that needs it.

5. #5 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I think Will is interested in the drive too

6. #6 Default  
    Save the drive... Go to Philly's in Norwich... Better than Pat's, Geno's, or Tony Lukes...
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    brass isn't good enough for those guys. Too heavy. They have burnt titanium because they are that awesome.

7. #7 Default  
    The day I drive 300 miles one way for a sandwich is the day I seriously start asking myself where I went wrong in life.

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    The day I drive 300 miles one way for a sandwich is the day I seriously start asking myself where I went wrong in life.
    I would have thought you would have asked yourself that after s4 build lol

9. #9 Default  
    but 100 miles to get Candy is acceptable right?
    Oh Yeah!

10. #10 Default  
    Phillys. Less than 100 miles from boston... ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    brass isn't good enough for those guys. Too heavy. They have burnt titanium because they are that awesome.

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by streetxdreamer View Post
    I would have thought you would have asked yourself that after s4 build lol
    No I was sick in the head when I bought the car and knew what I was getting into.

Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    but 100 miles to get Candy is acceptable right?
    That's like 69 one way including the trip to woburn.

12. #12 Default  
    "real" Philly cheese steaks are terrible. The signature cheese isn't even cheese. It's velveeta or canned aerosol congealed oil. F that.

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from Cranial-Rectal Inversion

Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    Older cars just have more soul
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Fanatic View Post
    Can you imagine if we had 2 Rich's on this forum? oye

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW0330 View Post
    "real" Philly cheese steaks are terrible. The signature cheese isn't even cheese. It's velveeta or canned aerosol congealed oil. F that.
    That sounds awful
    1999 C43 AMG: E55 18' Monos, K&N filters, H&R Sport springs, Bilstein Sport schocks, Full LED interior, LED License plate, 8k HIDs head/fog lights, 10mm spacers, resonator + 2 sec. cats deleted, AMG license plate cover, AMG flat hood badge, matte black front grill, AMG pedals, 35% tint, yellow calipers, CF door pins, SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads.

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW0330 View Post
    you could make a similar argument as to why hot dogs are terrible, if you described one to me i would never want to eat one, but people love them anyway

15. #15 Default  
    I ate at Pat's once when I was a kid, thought it was delicious. That being said, there really is nothing appetizing about cheez whiz on a sandwich, so I'm perfectly content with the "fake" ones we have up here.

16. #16 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Someone could say our cigar nights are gross... you go home smelling like an ash tray... Driving 100 miles for candy? There's a CVS down the street(from everyone) or a gourmet chocolate store easily with in 20min of all of us. Or a Costco's for a 5lb bag of gummies

Why do you travel to the cape, when there are like 2 british beer companies a stones throw away from Boston.

Just looking for a drive out of the ordinary that's all... Merritt Parkway to Bear Mountain to 287, to some other road that's fun to drive on. Its really not about the food

17. #17 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    Its really not about the food
    It's about the diarrhea on the drive home

18. #18 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    It's about the diarrhea on the drive home
    all the more reason to get home faster?

19. #19 Default  
    Sorry officer, but I was speeding because I'm about to crap my pants

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJew View Post
    Sorry officer, but I was speeding because I'm about to crap my pants
    Or you already did and you don't want it messing up the leather?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information