Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Busabos77 Garage Build Journal

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default Busabos77 Garage Build Journal 
    We finally closed on a house last week Friday. We are doing some upgrades in the interior like replacing some rooms with carpet to hardwood floors, crown molding, painting, etc.... But I thought building my garage was more appropriate to share in this forum since that part of the house is more car related. Hopefully I can get everything finished fast! BTW, I'm not DIYing this since I don't know a lot about construction. Enjoy!

Here is what the garage looked like initially. Bare, walls are primered, door steps from the garage leading in to the house was made of cheap pressure treated wood, and the lights are just 2 basic 50 watt bulbs.

First thing that got tackled were the wooden steps. I decided to have them knocked out and just have the guys make concrete ones and have them epoxied along with the floors soon.

Steel bars were drilled to the concrete floor to hold the new steps since old concrete would not bind that much with the new one.

Some materials and the old wooden steps, with the new step mold being constructed in the background.

Got this waste management bag to put all the trash, debris, and other stuff that are coming from the house upgrades. Not bad for $30 for the bag, and $100 for waste management to pick the whole bag up.

Finally, I was able to park the ///M inside after a little cleaning and wood cutting done in the garage.

The mold for the concrete steps.

Some more materials.

Mixing concrete.

Wood step mold filled with concrete to form.

How the garage looks like so far! LOL!

And one of the rooms in the house that will have hardwood flooring installed.

2. #2 Default  
    Cleaned the garage and painting it currently with satin dark pewter. I love the color and the clean simple look of it.

Concrete steps drying and still needs to be cleaned and finished to prep it for the epoxy with the floors.

Some photos of the partially painted garage.

3. #3 Default  
    As much as I could never see myself in the burbs i am insanely jealous of your garage
    Bath salts and dick pills

4. #4 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    i am insanely jealous of your garage

5. #5 Default  
    ^ that is creepy.

I am also lusting after that garage space. Next house will have one for sure

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    As much as I could never see myself in the burbs i am insanely jealous of your garage
    I kinda got used living in the burbs but I understand how you feel. I used to live in LA before moving here and it was a total shock for me! Now, I'm enjoying it since it's quiet, more relaxed and of course, no sales tax is a huge plus too!

Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    LOLOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
    ^ that is creepy.

I am also lusting after that garage space. Next house will have one for sure

7. #7 Default  
    The guys finished painting the garage. Still need to paint the trims white and install a kick board underneath the door. Still need to some finishing on the concrete steps to fill some small imperfections.

Photos:

And a view of the garage from outside the house.

A little update in the great room. Hardwood floors done. Still need to paint, install baseboards and hang TV!

Before:

After:

8. #8 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Busabos77 View Post
    The guys finished painting the garage. Still need to paint the trims white and install a kick board underneath the door. Still need to some finishing on the concrete steps to fill some small imperfections.

Photos:

And a view of the garage from outside the house.

A little update in the great room. Hardwood floors done. Still need to paint, install baseboards and hang TV!

Before:

After:
    Might I suggest putting a tarp on a curtain rod as well as some overhead fluorescent lighting... Will allow you to wash cars/detail
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

9. #9 Default  
    Since you tend to do things king ballar style, you should consider porcelain tile for the garage floor.

10. #10 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    Might I suggest putting a tarp on a curtain rod as well as some overhead fluorescent lighting... Will allow you to wash cars/detail
    noted Pete! Thanks for the suggestions. I already have four 4' hanging fluorescent ballasts and double bulbs waiting to be installed. I was going to go with two 8 foot fluorescent double bulb ballasts but I figured four 4' ones would distribute and even out lighting in the garage better.

Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    Since you tend to do things king ballar style, you should consider porcelain tile for the garage floor.

too baller for me!

11. #11 Default  
    Love your whole house. It looks really nice and perfect size, IMO.

Should totally do the tiles. Nothing is too baller for you!

12. #12 Default  
    That guys garage and rsr clone are an unreal combo. The Stuff dreams are made of
    Bath salts and dick pills

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Love your whole house. It looks really nice and perfect size, IMO.

Should totally do the tiles. Nothing is too baller for you!
    thanks Big Pete! I was hoping to finish all the house upgrades before July 4th so we can do that BBQ that I sometimes host but they said they can't make it. Hopefully next year!

14. #14 Default  
    Tiles can be as low as like 50-60 cents per sq foot(or $5+ if you use fancy pants boutique stuff), plus the $2/sq ft or whatever it is in labor. Epoxy can look really nice though, and I guess it leaves extra money in your pocket for when you decide you're buying Meisters again.

15. #15 Default  
    The tile floor actually can be done cheap... I've been following that guy's garage build for years on garage journal, and as I recall, he got his tile from a surplus place...
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    brass isn't good enough for those guys. Too heavy. They have burnt titanium because they are that awesome.

16. #16 Default  
    Not really garage related but.....

Wasn't able to work on the garage since I am prioritizing the interior of the house over it. So far, great room is getting painted with light beige brownish color and we are getting rid of the initial caramel color of the walls. Going for a more neutral feel inside the house. 3 piece crown moldings were installed as well so hopefully I get to hang the TV tomorrow.

Center wall painted with the new color. The walls that have the windows still have that caramel color that will get painted over as well.

The 3 piece install of the crown molding. Still have to paint them gloss white.

Left side crown molding installed

2 sides done!

17. #17 Default  
    Looks great!

18. #18 Default  
    Blog Entries
    love the molding
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

19. #19 Default  
    Thanks guys!

20. #20 Default  
    Installed five 4' double fluorescent lights today! I love how bright the garage is and also painted the door from the garage access to the house black with silver metallic flakes. Epoxy floor will be done Tuesday. Color will be tuxedo (black, grey, and white flakes).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information