Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Building the BMW 313rx, or I want a faster Lemons car

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. #81 Default  
    wiring diagrams used to scare the crap out of me. The daytona one made me run and hide. After 3 nights pouring over this it's cake. It's like reading a book. Tonight I'm going to try and hook up all the harnesses as they'd be in the car and confirm my next steps for slimming down. This harness should be at least half the size of stock when i'm done.

2. #82 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    Got the engine side of the front harness mostly trimmed down. Pulled out any connector that had anything to do with lights and coiled them by the firewall grommet. Now I need to clean the interior side since that's where most of the wires are.

And we see a pool table in its native environment - serving as something other than a pool table.

The most wiring I ever had to do was in swapping the SR20 into the 240sx, and that wasn't too bad. I had to re-pin a couple of connectors and lengthen some wires because the engine harness was from a right hand drive car, but it was manageable.

I'm thinking of having some fin with the Miata since it becomes emissions exempt in 2016.

-Justin

3. #83 Default  
    that pool table has been used for playing pool maybe 15 times in 6 years. It's just a large work bench as far as I'm concerned right now. I'd love to get rid of it and replace it with a large real table for project use or games.

4. #84 Default  
    I think the most recent use of the pool table as a pool table involved several of us not remembering different sections of the night.
    "It was more passionate than just cuddling"

5. #85 Default  
    Engine is closer to being installed. Mocked up engine and trans mounts today. Should have the engine sitting on them within a week.

Fly little car, fly.

Early mock up of where the new engine mounts sit. New mounts are energy suspension poly mounts for a jeep 6-cylinder. Should be plenty strong enough.

6. #86 Default  
    I'm unfamiliar with BMW's. What's the cross bar at the rear of the engine bay (top of second picture)?

-Justin

7. #87 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with BMW's. What's the cross bar at the rear of the engine bay (top of second picture)?

-Justin
    not completely sure. I assume more chassis bracing because the Germans haven't figured out how to make strong chassis yet.

8. #88 Default  
    what is the first scheduled race for the new car?
    Father of Phiff

9. #89 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    what is the first scheduled race for the new car?
    To be determined. It should be ready for the May Race in NJ, but my sister gets married in May and things might be a little insane. We'll be at the Thompson race in July for sure.

10. #90 Default  
    From The Dead!

I'm finally getting around to working on this car again. I tried to take a year off of racing. Made it about 9 months then built the saab. Might as well install the roll cage I ordered for the BMW. I rented the auto plot at MakeIt Labs again, so I have 2 weeks to install the cage and make engine mounts. (I don't like the first version that I made) Should be doable.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Thread Information