Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Free Credit Score and Tracker for Capital One Card Customers

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1 Default Free Credit Score and Tracker for Capital One Card Customers 
    Capitol One now has a link when you log into your account to get free Transunion score , looks like they might be using creditkarma

    Reply With Quote  

  2. #2 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    5,334
    dat merrimack college doe.

    thanks for headsup, i will go check mine now. probably took a dive after the mortgage.


    update: safe to say that mine and scotts looks way different

    Last edited by kevblah; 05-03-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...
    Reply With Quote  

  3. #3 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    dat merrimack college doe.

    thanks for headsup, i will go check mine now. probably took a dive after the mortgage.
    When you check let me know what total balance includes, I'm not sure if it's just cards or also loans/mortgages
    Reply With Quote  

  4. #4 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    5,334
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJew View Post
    When you check let me know what total balance includes, I'm not sure if it's just cards or also loans/mortgages
    its definitely also loans/mortgages (see above). its everything that you carry a balance on.
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...
    Reply With Quote  

  5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post


    update: safe to say that mine and scotts looks way different

    Still pretty good score and once those 4 inquires come off you will go up. And if you reverse total balance and available credit ours look more alike.
    Reply With Quote  

  6. #6 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    5,334
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJew View Post
    Still pretty good score and once those 4 inquires come off you will go up. And if you reverse total balance and available credit ours look more alike.
    yup. im waiting to open up another large $10k+ credit card, as well as working on lowering my balances. not that i really need credit for anything else in the next few years, i already got the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...
    Reply With Quote  

  7. #7 Default  
    Also you need to open some more cards that report a limit, 70% utilization is a score killer. Are you either close to maxed out on those 6 cards or our some signature cards that don't report a limit? If they are sometimes you can call them and get them to report the limit
    Reply With Quote  

  8. #8 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    5,334
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJew View Post
    Also you need to open some more cards that report a limit, 70% utilization is a score killer. Are you either close to maxed out on those 6 cards or our some signature cards that don't report a limit? If they are sometimes you can call them and get them to report the limit
    my primary card is an amex gold, so they dont report a limit. will they report a limit if i ask them to?

    other than the amex, i have a newly opened chase slate with a $7k limit and my oldest card, capital one with a $1500 limit. ive had the cap one for 6 years and they wont raise my limit

    oh and a target card with a $150 limit lmfao
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...
    Reply With Quote  

  9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    as well as working on lowering my balances.
    Please don't tell me you are paying interest? If so you need to start living within your means till you get them paid off
    Reply With Quote  

  10. #10 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    5,334
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJew View Post
    Please don't tell me you are paying interest? If so you need to start living within your means till you get them paid off
    no, i would never do that. i actually signed up for the chase slate card a few months ago when they were offering 14 month zero interest and free balance transfers. i figured it was a good opportunity to open a new high balance card to raise my score. i transferred one months amex statement to the card and have been letting it sit there. its zero interest, so i dont really care.
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...
    Reply With Quote  

  11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    my primary card is an amex gold, so they dont report a limit. will they report a limit if i ask them to?

    other than the amex, i have a newly opened chase slate with a $7k limit and my oldest card, capital one with a $1500 limit. ive had the cap one for 6 years and they wont raise my limit

    oh and a target card with a $150 limit lmfao
    Capital One is stingy, I opened my first ever Capitol One last May and got $10k limit, much lower than what I normally get. Have you tried using the online credit increase button? I used after having card 6 months and it instantly bumped me to $15k, has been almost 6 months since doing that so going to try again
    Reply With Quote  

  12. #12 Default  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    5,334
    I've tried it last once very year. Always tells me to call
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...
    Reply With Quote  

  13. #13 Default  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's basement
    Posts
    16,126
    I get mine every month from Discover too, does something very similar.
    Reply With Quote  

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •