Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Someone recommend me an authorized TAG dealer.. please and thank you

1. #1 Default Someone recommend me an authorized TAG dealer.. please and thank you 
    A good buddy of mine is in the market for a TAG.

Before I go blind into the market, can someone refer me to a reputable dealer here in the city. Boston proper.

Feel free to PM me.
    West Coast is the Best Coast

2. #2 Default  
    If you want an honest opinion (besides that aside from a few select pieces tag is incredibly overrated), have him go to any dealer, pick out exactly what he wants, then buy it from either the grey market new, or used market and like new. Brands like tag have incredibly inflated retail prices, and if he ever wants to sell it he'll lose his ass. Buying used is the only way to go unless he has more money than brains. If he is dead set on buying new, you want to go to Royal Jewellers in Andover. If he wants to go preowned, have him contact me.

3. #3 Default  
    since the retail prices are so inflated,

dont they have some sales sometimes too? (if one insists on buying new through an AD)
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...

4. #4 Default  
    I cannot recommend a dealer, but i would say your buddy should go into the dealer already with an idea of what he wants to buy, and the price he wants to pay. Most AD would do a price that is some what higher than gray market, but marked off from MSRP. Although one is paying more, I can see the argument for buying new whether it's the fact that it's a first owner item, or factory warranty or just the peace of mind that everything is authentic, no different than buying a car new when a similar used car can be had for a reduced price.
    Oh Yeah!

5. #5 Default  
    thanks for the responses guys... I guess I should have added some background info.. he won a contest at work and work will give him a stipend to spend on a tag watch ( this was chosen by management) ...that being said, its not really his $$ but he still wants a good deal..
    West Coast is the Best Coast

6. #6 Default  
    Oh in that case then go to a couple different dealers and get them to fight over the price. Torneau does rewards money if he wants to buy something else in the future, but you may not get the best price there. Royal Jewellers in Andover is a big dealer and will probably come down a bit off retail. Stay away from department stores like Macy's who are a tag AD but only sell the low end models.

7. #7 Default  
    http://www.barmakian.com/

These guys discount 30% of MSRP. A trip to Nashua will nix the sales tax.

I have had good experience with these guys
    I am not a 14 year old girl, but I play one on the internet.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say 'I don't know what these dangly things are, but I am going to yank on them and drink whatever comes out.'

8. #8 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    Oh in that case then go to a couple different dealers and get them to fight over the price. Torneau does rewards money if he wants to buy something else in the future, but you may not get the best price there. Royal Jewellers in Andover is a big dealer and will probably come down a bit off retail. Stay away from department stores like Macy's who are a tag AD but only sell the low end models.
    Didn't know Macy is a tag dealer.

What style of watch is your buddy looking for btw? I love the tag chronographs, even though I've bought everything but.

A Jack Heuer edition or a Monaco would be a very nice piece.
    Oh Yeah!

Thread Information