Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Cars and Coffee Volunteers - 2014

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default Cars and Coffee Volunteers - 2014 
    Blog Entries
    It's that time of year again! We'll be kicking off this year in a few weeks. As always, I will be looking for volunteers for the events this year.

Just post in here that you are interested in volunteering.
    -Peter
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

2. #2 Default  
    Will be the fool on the hill

3. #3 Default  
    I'm in to help again where I can.

Can we have a meeting before hand this year to plan parking? There were events last year that we didn't manage so well.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    you are definitely one seriously dedicated, possibly certifiable individual
    Motorcycles - KZ400 Cafe Build, XS500 Build

4. #4 Default  
    In for most as usual, but first event is same day as Drift Clinic in NH. I'll be sliding..

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from Cranial-Rectal Inversion

Quote Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
    Older cars just have more soul
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Fanatic View Post
    Can you imagine if we had 2 Rich's on this forum? oye

5. #5 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Also going to get shirts made, looking for a sponsor to pick up the cost of them, getting them designed now

Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    I'm in to help again where I can.

Can we have a meeting before hand this year to plan parking? There were events last year that we didn't manage so well.
    we sure can
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

6. #6 Default  
    Probably wont be able to go to the first one. The next few weekends are dedicated to house searching once we get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    You.... have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    you have issues.

7. #7 Default  
    Will most likely be there, but willing to volunteer for the other dates.

Can I put my annual request in for more variety up on the hill? (i.e.: No duplicates.)

8. #8 Default  
    So we tell a Ferrari they can't park on hill because one is already there?

9. #9 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJew View Post
    So we tell a Ferrari they can't park on hill because one is already there?
    If there's already one of the same model, yes. I think most reasonable gearheads (not "car as male enhancement"-heads) would understand the reasoning, as C&C has grown. If the lawn is in good shape and dry, it's perfectly suited for virtually any car.

As a more practical example, would you tell that Ferrari owner that they can't park on the hill because it's full, while there are already 3 R8s there?

10. #10 Default  
    trouble is you can't predict what will show up. One week you could be overflowing with cars worthy of the top of the hill, next month you start trying to be selective and no one shows up so you look like an ass sending all the exotics to the lawn.

Easiest way to be fair is to just go with the first come first served method we use.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx

11. #11 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
    If there's already one of the same model, yes. I think most reasonable gearheads (not "car as male enhancement"-heads) would understand the reasoning, as C&C has grown. If the lawn is in good shape and dry, it's perfectly suited for virtually any car.

As a more practical example, would you tell that Ferrari owner that they can't park on the hill because it's full, while there are already 3 R8s there?
    what if theres a stock R8 sitting there on the hill and a twin turbo R8 shows up then wut. oh srry your r8 is too late bye.
    1991 VW GTI 8V ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    2017 VW GLI ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

12. #12 Default  
    Some of that would come down to the first there policy which most understand. I think we have had a good mix of specialty cars for the most part, some classics and American muscle mixed in with the penis enhancement cars, that reminds me I need to keep the spot next to me open for someone I know from the R8 forum, his 2014 Sepang Blue R8 V10 arrived at dealership today, already has HRE p101's and Capristo exhaust waiting at dealership to be installed. This is someone who has not been involved with YR and I'm trying to get him too

13. #13 Default  
    Plus many of the Exotics don't stay that long so we can put people up there if they are willing to wait

14. #14 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    you look like an ass sending all the exotics to the lawn.
    Oh no....not the lawn!! What will they ever do?! The well maintained and drained lawn used for every other show Larz puts on.

Again, most reasonable people that are there to show their car as an extension of their (non-existent) manhood shouldn't have a problem with the concept, even if at the end of the day there happens to be extra space up there. But this is just my opinion of a way to make a nicer, more interesting, set-up and show.

15. #15 Default  
    Many of the exotic owners show up on the early side to get a spot on the hill and if there is room when they arrive they should be put there.

16. #16 Default  
    how is that nicer and more interesting? nicer?
    Father of Phiff

17. #17 Default  
    Oh no....not the lawn!! What will they ever do?! The well maintained and drained lawn used for every other show Larz puts on.

Again, most reasonable people that are there to show their car as an extension of their (non-existent) manhood shouldn't have a problem with the concept.
    You have made your little joke(pun intended) twice, I think we get your point so can stop it now
    Last edited by BadJew; 04-04-2014 at 12:31 PM.

18. #18 Default  
    sounds like hes adDICKted to peen jokes.
    1991 VW GTI 8V ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
    2017 VW GLI ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

19. #19 Default  

Again, most reasonable people that are there to show their car as an extension of their (non-existent) manhood shouldn't have a problem with the concept, even if at the end of the day there happens to be extra space up there. But this is just my opinion of a way to make a nicer, more interesting, set-up and show.
    what i meant is if you have a week where you didn't get more exotics than space on the hill, and you send some to the lawn you're going to hurt some feelings. Not that i personally care about that, but it's better to be diplomatic with some people.

20. #20 Default  
    whats the point of having more variety in one spot? if anything park all the same cars together so people have more to talk to each other about?

not having 2 similar cars parked together is going to drive people with OCD mad.
    Oh Yeah!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information