Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: 2014 Midterm MA Elections

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #21 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    Too tough on small businesses? My stance on it is that if 40 hours of paid time off per employee bankrupts your business, you're running your business wrong.
    ^^ This.

2. #22 Default  
    Blog Entries
    eh if 40hours of paid sick time per employee, health care, and hire wages bankrupt you business... fuck obama he'll figure out a way to take the last $10 in your pocket too
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

3. #23 Default  
    Too tough on small businesses? My stance on it is that if 40 hours of paid time off per employee bankrupts your business, you're running your business wrong.
    You can say that for anything.

Oh 2% more taxes will bankrupt a business? You are doing it wrong.

Additional fees for a permit is unfair? You are doing it wrong.

How about you flip the argument and say 40 hrs per year is only 1/52th of pay for a full time employee. If he/she can't make do, he/she is doing it wrong. Let the businesses and employees work out what benefits are to be offered. Instead of government coming in to force a one size fit all solution.
    Oh Yeah!

4. #24 Default  
    I'm willing to bet that people working while sick costs more in lost productivity than 40hrs per employee.
    "It was more passionate than just cuddling"

5. #25 Default  
    I'm willing to bet that people working while sick costs more in lost productivity than 40hrs per employee.
    Not me. I work from home.

6. #26 Default  
    Blog Entries
    actually I would have to believe that some productivity is better than no productivity?
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

7. #27 Default  
    If nobody was ever contagious that might be true.
    "It was more passionate than just cuddling"

8. #28 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    actually I would have to believe that some productivity is better than no productivity?
    If people who are sick are working, then people who caught the sickness are also still working. Then there's no productivity loss? Either way, my disagreement isnt the fact that people shouldn't get sick days (paid or un-paid), its the fact that compensations and benefits is an agreement between the employee and the employer.
    Oh Yeah!

9. #29 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    its the fact that compensations and benefits is an agreement between the employee and the employer.
    Exactly, employers need employees just as much as the employee needs a job. If you are valuable and tough to replace you already have sick days plus a bunch of other benefits. The people who have no sick days are minimum wage employee's who have no skills or education and are lucky to have a job. Want sick days? become more valuable so that the employer does not want to lose you. These types of increases will keep adding up and the costs will be passed onto the consumers, why should we further subsidize these people?

10. #30 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJew View Post
    Exactly, employers need employees just as much as the employee needs a job. If you are valuable and tough to replace you already have sick days plus a bunch of other benefits. The people who have no sick days are minimum wage employee's who have no skills or education and are lucky to have a job. Want sick days? become more valuable so that the employer does not want to lose you. These types of increases will keep adding up and the costs will be passed onto the consumers, why should we further subsidize these people?
    100% this!
    Twitter: @mkeefe / My Company: PixelBit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information