Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Want to buy a camera... Need your opinions

1. #1 Default Want to buy a camera... Need your opinions 
    Blog Entries
    Want to buy something to snap pics with that's not a phone. I'm looking for something that shoots a little better than a point and shoot... Any recommendations? Was thinking the entry level sony Nex
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

2. #2 Default  
    The Canon G series cameras give you the size of a P&S with a lot of the features of their Rebel series cameras if you're looking for a robust camera to explore photography.

I have a Canon T2i I shoot with and would consider one of them or the Fujifilm X series if I were to downsize.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

3. #3 Default  
    If you want interchangeable lenses, NEX is the way to go. Otherwise the Sony RX 100 MK iii is a great choice
    2012 TT-RS

4. #4 Default  
    stuff that falls under the point and shoot category now is nothing like it used to be, you'll see APS-C and CMOS sensors in what used to be a junk segment.
    Biggest factor is if you want interchangeable lenses or not, and how big the camera can be, the Sony NEX series and the Nikon J1 and J3 all have interchangeable lenses but they're obviously bigger than something with a flat front and internal zoom like the Sony RX100.

5. #5 Default  
    need more info..

it's like saying I wanna buy a new car... something more interesting than a Prius..

6. #6 Default  
    Blog Entries
    Impulse shopping>me

Really I'm all over the place... I want something to bring when traveling and I want to capture a moment with something more than a phone. I have the photography talent of a potato so buying something that I can replace lenses on is probably going to result in me in never swapping the lens. What I dislike about point and shoots is that pictures from them always seem so lifeless. I've been playing with some of my friends and family's P&S and I agree the photos are certainly better than my crappy point and shoot from a decade ago but still something about the shots I don't like.

So I went to bestbuy played with different stuff and bought an Open box Canon SX50HS as an interim solution for my trip next week. Seemed like a good compromise between wanting an SLR and getting a point and shoot.
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

Thread Information