Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: BMW E90 LCI Build

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default BMW E90 LCI Build 
    So, Jake's thread inspired me to document the progress I've made with my car. I started modding my car well before I knew any of you guys and I would venture to guess none of you knew what it looked like stock.

I ordered the car on April 1, 2009 and took delivery on May 15, 2009.
    The car was ordered in Black Sapphire Metallic with Black Leatherette interior. I checked off the options boxes for the Cold Weather Package, Automatic Transmission, Power seats, Satellite Radio and Xenon headlamps.

Here is how she looked the day I took delivery of her

IMG00010-20090602-1757 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

IMG00013-20090602-1759 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

I then quickly brought her in for tint

DSC00009 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

DSC00010 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

And I decided it was time to upgrade my front grilles to the BMW Performance gloss black grilles

IMG00001-20090619-1658 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

2. #2 Default  
    I then decided I really didn't like the stock halogen angel eyes, so I upgraded to Racing Dash LED angel eyes. In addition to this change, I swapped out the stock fog light bulbs for MTech 4350K bulbs.

DSC00101 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

DSC00097 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

Then it was time for my first real mod. A set of 18x8.5 VMR V710 wheels in factory gunmetal wrapped in Continental Extreme Contact DWS all season ultra high performance tires. Each wheel has an offset of ET35 but I was sure to add 12 mm spacers in the rear for added aggressiveness

DSC00355 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

DSC00354 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

The rims were installed in November 2009. Once they were on, I got to work installing some more small mods over the winter. First came a replica M3 lip spoiler painted in Black Sapphire Metallic

DSC00367 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

Then I completed my exterior lighting by installing RD LED license plate bulbs and courtesy lights

DSC00371 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

DSC00374 by Eggs3105, on Flickr
    Last edited by MassAudi; 05-07-2011 at 12:18 PM.

3. #3 Default  
    Spring and summer of 2010 were relatively quiet in terms of new additions to the car. Small aesthetic upgrades included black & white roundels on the hood, trunk, wheels and steering wheel.

DSC01149 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

Additionally the ugly amber reflectors in my front bumper were swapped out for a painted set

DSC01246 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

And then, in late fall of 2010, it was time. H&R Sport Springs were ordered and installed at Kaizen Tuning. What a huge improvement over the 4x4 look of the stock xDrive suspension

DSC01297 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

DSC01296 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

DSC01301 by Eggs3105, on Flickr
    Last edited by MassAudi; 05-07-2011 at 12:23 PM.

4. #4 Default  
    As winter thawed in 2011, the newest version of LUX H8 LED angel bulbs were released. I snagged a set, desperately wanting to upgrade my RD's that seemed to disappear during the day. What a stark contrast in light quality

IMG_0503 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

And then Scott at Kaizen convinced me it was time to add a little more of a performance-minded tone to my exhaust. So, off came the stock muffler in favor of a Rogue Engineering Ikon performance muffler, adding the perfect amount of performance sound

IMG_0033 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

IMG_0511 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

Next up, I will be installing some Bilstein Sport Shocks to improve the car's handling characteristics and overall ride quality. Install is set for 8 AM on Sunday morning, May 8th. I'll be sure to update the thread!
    Last edited by MassAudi; 05-07-2011 at 12:29 PM.

5. #5 Default  
    very tastefully modded!
    I really like what u did with it so far
    Porsche 991 GT3
    & Nardo Grey & Copper
    HRE P101-IPE Catless Exhaust- Teachart Steering Wheel-4.0 Livery Stripes- Carbon Fiber Exterior Package

6. #6 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I do actually remember you from 2009ish... I think you had a thread in the New England section on E90...
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

7. #7 Default  
    Very tastefully modded indeed, the car looks awesome in person. Wish I did more mods to mine, but I'll be itching for a new car by the end of this year and can't justify the mods at this point. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new shocks compared to your current setup. Should make a HUGE difference.
    Joe

Estoril F30 335i ZMP

8. #8 Default  
    Thanks guys!

Well, latest update. Dave from E90Post.com installed the new Bilstein Sport Shocks for me this morning. I must say that the ride is definitely improved, the car feels so much more composed on the road. Very happy with the completed set up!

Oh no, where did my shocks go??

photo by Eggs3105, on Flickr

Oh wait, here they are!

photo by Eggs3105, on Flickr

9. #9 Default  
    Dave Conant? That Dave? I think he is the only one working on Sundays

10. #10 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin_Pete View Post
    Dave Conant? That Dave? I think he is the only one working on Sundays
    He's from Leominster. Goes by dave96dcm on E90Post. He said he knew you. Such a great guy. Really unfortunate what he got caught up in just about 2 years ago.

11. #11 Default  
    that's Dave!! I haven't seen him since he's been back.

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
    He's from Leominster. Goes by dave96dcm on E90Post. He said he knew you. Such a great guy. Really unfortunate what he got caught up in just about 2 years ago.
    DAVE!!! Yeah, going to extend my accounts to him so he can retail parts now too... I'm gonna try and help him get going as much as I can. He does really good work, for a good price too

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin_Pete View Post
    DAVE!!! Yeah, going to extend my accounts to him so he can retail parts now too... I'm gonna try and help him get going as much as I can. He does really good work, for a good price too
    This is so true. Very fair price and really knows what he's doing. Only took him 2 hours to do all 4 shocks.

14. #14 Default  
    Nice Adam! Bet you're thrilled to get these installed after bouncing on springs for a little while.
    Joe

Estoril F30 335i ZMP

15. #15 Default  
    Well it had been 6 months since I upgraded my shocks and I obviously couldn't leave well enough alone.
    Looking back on the track that I've taken with this car, I really wish I had gone with more OEM BMW Performance parts. There's just something about OEM that I love. With that said, the Bimmer got her Christmas present a little early this year...
    BMW Performance Air Intake...the carbon fiber cover is absolutely gorgeous..it's really too bad this piece isn't visible all the time..

IMG_1707 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

IMG_1709 by Eggs3105, on Flickr

16. #16 Default  
    nice, rest of the engine needs a clean to match the shiny new carbon

17. #17 Default  
    Looking good!
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fanatic View Post
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...

18. #18 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by streetxdreamer View Post
    nice, rest of the engine needs a clean to match the shiny new carbon
    I know! I never had a reason to clean the engine before!

Quote Originally Posted by kevblah View Post
    Looking good!
    Thanks!

19. #19 Default  
    Well, it didn't take long for me to check off another item on my wish list for my BMW. As mentioned in my last update, I always wished that I went with a more OEM BMW approach with my car. After about 10 months of running a Rogue Ikon exhaust, I decided it was time for an upgrade.

The BMW Performance line of accessories consists of first class pieces to make anyone's BMW more aggressive and unique. I was so thrilled with the quality and look of my BMW Performance Air Intake that it took me less than a month to add its complementary piece, the BMW Performance Exhaust. This exhaust is a full catback exhaust system that removes the secondary cats and incorporates a free flowing muffler. The result is an incredible sound coming from an otherwise unassuming inline six cylinder engine. In addition to the mean growl it adds, the BMW Performance Exhaust also improves throttle response, making my 328 feel quicker off the line and in passing situations. My only regret is not buying this system sooner.

20. #20 Default  
    nice exhaust, my friend has an e90 335 with the bmw performance exhaust, sounds great!
    love to see your V... we have a bunch on the forum
    If referring to me, I have all the aids...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information