Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: clarkson in trouble again

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Default clarkson in trouble again 
    end of top gear with clarkson ?

probably not, but the bbc are strict, they are paid for by the tax payer and heavily regulated, at some point they will be forced to get rid of him

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31824040

2. #2 Default  
    Blog Entries
    can they fine him?
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

3. #3 Default  
    When they get rid of clarkson the show will be done. The dynamic between those 3 is what makes the show work so well.

I bet this is more a publicity thing to say "hey look, we can punish him" more than anything.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    you are definitely one seriously dedicated, possibly certifiable individual
    Motorcycles - KZ400 Cafe Build, XS500 Build

4. #4 Default  
    yeah, im thinking its just a very big slap on the wrist, to try and get him in line, if he blows it next time, who knows

knowing how stubborn and asslike clarkson can be, he'd prolly tell them to go f themselves if they tried to fine him, i cant think of anyone who could replace him, i dont think the show would suffer too much if either of the other two left or were fired but clarkson is almost indispensable imo

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cegan09 View Post
    When they get rid of clarkson the show will be done. The dynamic between those 3 is what makes the show work so well.

I bet this is more a publicity thing to say "hey look, we can punish him" more than anything.
    He could always do a weekly talk show on Netflix. They don't have one yet, but I have to think they've considered it. Could also go to pay cable, but I don;t have any premium channels so I'd root for Netflix.

-Justin

6. #6 Default  
    he had a chat show for a while, it didnt last long i think, it was back probably 15-20 years ago though, he bbq'd a melon on one show, that sucker exploded big time ! i found this, he def seems to like melon, and explosions !

7. #7 Default  
    Id like to know what he actually said.
    Matt

8. #8 Default  
    Allegedly punched a producer.. and a Change.org campaign has been created to re-instate him.

http://thesupercarkids.com/clarkson-...gear-producer/
    Twitter: @mkeefe / My Company: PixelBit

9. #9 Default  
    Can expect nothing less from him.

I read two books he wrote, he's one fascinating person. I'm sure whatever he comes out with next, if not Top Gear, will have a large following regardless.

10. #10 Default  
    I've certainly enjoyed the current format of Top Gear, but I wouldn't dismiss the next version of it out of loyalty to Clarkson.

These grumpy fuckers are showing their age, and I would be open to some more enthusiastic presenters. Even if the show isn't scripted, it sure feels it. These guys have been doing this too long, and it's gone a bit stale.

-Justin

11. #11 Default  

12. #12 Default  
    Latest rumor is he punched an assistant producer because his dinner was late.
    Futility Motorsport - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby (dead), Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon, BMW 313rx

13. #13 Default  
    Latest rumor is he punched an assistant producer because his dinner was late.
    i know hes a grumpy old bastard who's set in his ways, but i just cant imagine him punching anyone, let alone cos something is late, and the bbc denied he punched anyone (they are probably denying everything right now though)

really want to know what he did, prolly called the producer a c*nt or something, he was on last warning so it didnt even need to be anything really bad

14. #14 Default  
    So the interesting part is that Clarkson owns a stake in Top Gear. So if they ever did fire him, i wonder if they'd even be able to continue the show. I could see him telling them to screw off and not allow it.

Clarkson is a gigantic asshole, that's no secret. He just happens to be a very entertaining presenter too.

15. #15 Default  
    So the interesting part is that Clarkson owns a stake in Top Gear. So if they ever did fire him, i wonder if they'd even be able to continue the show. I could see him telling them to screw off and not allow it.

Clarkson is a gigantic asshole, that's no secret. He just happens to be a very entertaining presenter too.
    yeah, in addition to his other 'qualities' im sure stubburness is one he posses in large quantities

fyi, the bbc is well known for having a stick up its ass, so its prolly not all clarkson

16. #16 Default  
    yeah, in addition to his other 'qualities' im sure stubburness is one he posses in large quantities

fyi, the bbc is well known for having a stick up its ass, so its prolly not all clarkson
    For a broadcasting company trying to expand globally, it can't help to have a presenter angering foreign leaders to the point of making public statements about him.

I like the political incorrectness, but it's almost like he's putting more effort into angering other nations than into the show.

Call the bbc uptight, but Clarkson has enjoyed a lot more freedom on that network than he would on any US commercial network.

-Justin

17. #17 Default  
    should go to top gear US. nfl players hit people (spouses, children, animals, etc) and they keep their jobs.
    I am not a 14 year old girl, but I play one on the internet.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say 'I don't know what these dangly things are, but I am going to yank on them and drink whatever comes out.'

18. #18 Default  
    his dinner shouldn't be late. it's pretty simple.
    Father of Phiff

19. #19 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    For a broadcasting company trying to expand globally, it can't help to have a presenter angering foreign leaders to the point of making public statements about him.

I like the political incorrectness, but it's almost like he's putting more effort into angering other nations than into the show.

Call the bbc uptight, but Clarkson has enjoyed a lot more freedom on that network than he would on any US commercial network.

-Justin
    he may have enjoyed more freedom than a US channel, but hes not on a US channel, hes on the bbc, and they do have a stick up their ass, if hed been on any other UK channel he wouldnt get half as much hassle as he does

i agree, i love the political incorrectness, thats a big part of what makes the show funny, brits love it, we love to poke fun at ourselves, and the french, and any other country that might have done something worthy of making a joke about, i think he has the prince phillip gene though, he has no clue where the line is that you really shouldnt cross....until hes 5 steps past it with angry chinese left in his wake !

and when your program has viewers of 1 billion or whatever it has im guessing its hard for the power not to go your head a little and to feel like you are bigger than the show...which i honestly think he might be, trying to find the right group of people who gel as well as the current ones is going to be near impossible, i really thinks theres a chance the show could dissapear in the next 5-10 years if they dont get the right people, theres only so many road trips you can do before they just get stale.

Theres no such thing as bad advertising....apparently, so every time he makes a headline for whatever reason the viewing figures likely increase, people want to see what hes going to do next...or rather who hes going to insult next. (except the BBC execs obviously, publicly anyway)

20. #20 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    his dinner shouldn't be late. it's pretty simple.
    this

i'll notify giannis of the new policy

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Thread Information