Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Independent Service Facilities for Porsche

1. #1 Default Independent Service Facilities for Porsche 
    So it looks like there is a zillion independent Pcar shops in MA. A couple just in Framingham alone, one in Stow, one in Danvers, etc.

The service quotes (regular fluid changes) I'm getting between the dealers and the indies are significant enough where I think I will pursue the indy route.

Interestingly, I noticed two classes of local indy shops for Pcars...

1. Those dedicated to racing / motorsports and service.

2. And those that just do service.

Any thoughts on the two types? I couldn't help get this feeling that those that work on track cars are more interested in bigger-ticket mod jobs, and less so on OEM maintenance jobs. Also, in the past, I've noticed that "track shops" (in general) tend to also be "rougher with cars" (e.g., no seat protection, minimal body / paint protection, protective floor covers), so some grease marks, minor scratches, no wash / vac was really a trade-off for effective performance mods, great mechanical knowledge / expertise. Garage-queen mentality was simply not in their DNA.

Whereas dealers and indy shops that focus on "consumers" may be more "ginger" with the cars, to satisfy those who see their cars as garage queens. E.g., these consumer couldn't care less if the vale cover bolts were not torqued to spec, but would get eaten away by that new visible scratch on the fender (as it sits in the garage).

So is there an indy shop that blends the two? One that does mechanically-excellent work, with solid knowledge of model-specific issues (e.g., the RMS and IMS problems, etc.), while treat the cars like the dealers and consumer shops do (i.e., let's keep it looking nice)?

If so, please advise on which ones fit this description.

Is such stereotypes inaccurate / outdated? And that Pcar race shops around here do care if there's a new scuff mark that wasn't there before?

Looking forward to your feedback(s)!

Thanks!
    Lotus Esprit V8
    Ferrari 360 Modena F1
    Porsche Boxster S
    BMW X5
    Audi RS 4

2. #2 Default  
    I've had really great service from EPE in Natick, owner Jerry has been outstanding to me. Never seen a shop as clean as theirs either!

3. #3 Default  
    i would stay the hell away from EPE, myself and another YR member had major issues with them, pm me if you want details

eurotech in framingham is the guy to go to, i wont trust my car with anyone else, i have him do service and mods, everything, whatever needs to be done, hes more than capable and has forgotten more than most dealer techs know

4. #4 Default  
    Who's the guy Mat uses, scratch that, gives all his money too?

Guy seems to be pretty damn good

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Who's the guy Mat uses, scratch that, gives all his money too?

Guy seems to be pretty damn good
    i referred him to bill at eurotech

6. #6 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    i referred him to bill at eurotech
    Ahh didn't put the two together

7. #7 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by buzztt View Post
    i wont trust my car with anyone else

8. #8 Default  
    Like Stephen said, Bill at eurotech. I've heard horror stories about everyone else. With Bill you get what you pay for, which is a lot. The guy has single handedly rescued my car ( mechanically).
    Bath salts and dick pills

9. #9 Default  
    Thanks, fellas! I reached out to Bill and already received some good feedback. The fact that he's booked until June says something.
    Lotus Esprit V8
    Ferrari 360 Modena F1
    Porsche Boxster S
    BMW X5
    Audi RS 4

10. #10 Default  
    June huh.. Im just having mine dropped off to him. I have a habit of calling him last min. Guy works seven days a week too. But june... Must be race season.
    Bath salts and dick pills

11. #11 Default  
    911s > Boxsters
    Lotus Esprit V8
    Ferrari 360 Modena F1
    Porsche Boxster S
    BMW X5
    Audi RS 4

12. #12 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Man View Post
    911s > Boxsters
    i had a boxster, was one of the best handling cars ive ever driven, great car, the new ones are amazing

13. #13 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    lol, wasnt including you in that statement

Thread Information