Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: What should I buy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1. #1 Default What should I buy? 
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    21,560
    So after buying a house this year, and putting the money from the Shelby towards the down payment- I didn't and won't buy another fun car this year.


    However- I need something semi-fun to drive from August- March when the GT350 comes

    Why? I leased a 14 f150 STX 4x4 for 3 reasons- 1 I needed it for the house, 2.they're not leasing the 2015s out well because they're selling in less than 18 days from dealer lots- and I essentially got $11k off the 2014.
    3- My dad is taking the f150- because his lease is up on his maxima in July- and he wanted a truck. So I basically got it for him while the deal was good ($40k truck for $320/mo! No money out of pocket You would too!)

    So August comes around- and Ill need something

    I'd like it to be under $20k. Decent in the snow. Somewhat fun to drive, and decent resale so I can resell come spring

    (I have a company car for daily driving, but not night's and weekends)

    I keep kicking around leasing a 16 WRX because the resale is in sane and I can get out of it no issue. And it's $350/no. Aka cheapSomeone needs to talk me out of it

    Needs:
    Good in the snow
    2010+
    Under $20k
    Or leases out well and resale is strong

    What say you YR?
    Reply With Quote  

  2. #2 Default  
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Posts
    1,598
    GTi!
    2012 TT-RS
    Reply With Quote  

  3. #3 Default  
    i like the new Chrysler 200c. you can get b8 a4. probably even b8.5 if look harder.

    i'm thinking 2012 fusion sel for myself if i get rid of audi. how bad is it in snow?
    Reply With Quote  

  4. #4 Default  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    21,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    i like the new Chrysler 200c. you can get b8 a4. probably even b8.5 if look harder.

    i'm thinking 2012 fusion sel for myself if i get rid of audi. how bad is it in snow?
    My 11 fusion Sel awd company car is a beast in the snow!

    Also/ I'd never buy a non-jeep Chrysler product


    The gti isn't a bad idea though
    Reply With Quote  

  5. #5 Default  
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Posts
    1,598
    I still lust after GTi's whenever I see them. That was such a good car
    2012 TT-RS
    Reply With Quote  

  6. #6 Default  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,733,351
    Blog Entries
    2
    I like the GTI idea.
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.
    Reply With Quote  

  7. #7 Default  
    3rd vote for GTI, such a great car for so little $$
    Reply With Quote  

  8. #8 Default  
    Challenger R/T with snows. The extra room the RWD provides will give you room to grown some nuts in the snow.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation
    Reply With Quote  

  9. #9 Default  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Metrowest
    Posts
    1,336
    Jeep Wrangler
    -Mike
    2006 Quarter Pounder Sport GT with cheese.
    Reply With Quote  

  10. #10 Default  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's basement
    Posts
    16,126
    335xi, chip it and you're done. Good in the snow, fast with a cheap tune, comes in 6MT. Flash back to stock when you sell.

    Focus ST - the American GTI

    Pontiac G8 GT- never seen a Pontiac hold value like these, LS motor, 6MT, poor man's M5.


    WRX you pay for the motor and drivetrain and the interior was an afterthought. Also tons of road noise which makes it feel cheap and tinny.
    Reply With Quote  

  11. #11 Default  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    21,560
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppa822 View Post
    335xi, chip it and you're done. Good in the snow, fast with a cheap tune, comes in 6MT. Flash back to stock when you sell.

    Focus ST - the American GTI

    Pontiac G8 GT- never seen a Pontiac hold value like these, LS motor, 6MT, poor man's M5.


    WRX you pay for the motor and drivetrain and the interior was an afterthought. Also tons of road noise which makes it feel cheap and tinny.
    Interesting idea on the 335- was looking at 328's earlier

    I'd probably go with the fiesta ST with recaros if I went that route. Can get one new for $21k-ish

    Not a fan of the g8- awesome car. Not for me

    Wrx-I think that's what's holding me back on it
    Reply With Quote  

  12. #12 Default  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    21,560
    Quote Originally Posted by LastMercury View Post
    Challenger R/T with snows. The extra room the RWD provides will give you room to grown some nuts in the snow.
    Hahahaha

    I've done rwd + snow a couple times. Lightning, 96 cobra. Even with snows- it's not alotta fun
    Reply With Quote  

  13. #13 Default  
    Golf r. Abarth.
    Bath salts and dick pills
    Reply With Quote  

  14. #14 Default  
    Have you sat in the Recaro's in the ST's? You're a slender guy so it's probably more comfortable to you than it was to me.

    You can't get the ST3 package w/the Focus Ti leathers instead of Recaros. So you lose some features for the seats.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation
    Reply With Quote  

  15. #15 Default  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    21,560
    Quote Originally Posted by LastMercury View Post
    Have you sat in the Recaro's in the ST's? You're a slender guy so it's probably more comfortable to you than it was to me.

    You can't get the ST3 package w/the Focus Ti leathers instead of Recaros. So you lose some features for the seats.
    Love the recaros. They're a must order for me
    Reply With Quote  

  16. #16 Default  
    I love my 328 (obviously haha) but, considering your car history, you would likely find it too pedestrian. A tuned 335 would be a lot of fun, not sure if prices have dipped below $20k for 2010+'s. I've always liked the GTi's as well
    Reply With Quote  

  17. #17 Default  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Framingham, MA
    Posts
    16,430
    fiesta ST if no abarth.
    Father of Phiff
    Reply With Quote  

  18. #18 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
    I love my 328 (obviously haha) but, considering your car history, you would likely find it too pedestrian. A tuned 335 would be a lot of fun, not sure if prices have dipped below $20k for 2010+'s. I've always liked the GTi's as well
    hard to find a 335i under 20k that hasn't been beat to hell.
    Reply With Quote  

  19. #19 Default  
    GTI or 335 would be my vote.
    Twitter: @mkeefe / My Company: PixelBit
    Reply With Quote  

  20. #20 Default  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somerville, MA
    Posts
    9,747
    Get that focus RS that's for sale in vt, budget be damned.
    "It was more passionate than just cuddling"
    Reply With Quote  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •