Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Custom Whiteboard/ Projection screen

1. #1 Default Custom Whiteboard/ Projection screen 
    So i'm currently working on making a custom sized whiteboard, which will have a special coating applied so that it can also act as a projection screen with 1.1 gain. I'm thinking about using acrylic as the surface. Does anyone have a lot of experience with it? I'm trying to figure how think I'll need it to be in order for there to be zero flex when writing on it. It'll be 78 inches wide. I really appreciate if anyone can help!

This is a very rough model of what it will look like. This shouldn't be a huge project, but thought this would be the best place to put it.
    2012 TT-RS

2. #2 Default  
    Are you going to stand it off of a wall or have it right up against the wall?

Unless you go unnecessarily thick, it is going to flex a little depending on how flat the wall is. It will also bow to conform to the wall as well if the wall isn't flat.
    Matt

3. #3 Default Custom Whiteboard/ Projection screen 
    It will be hanging on the wall via two horizontal wooden beams interlocked with wooden beams mounted to the studs which should give it some more rigidity. I'd like it to feel as rigid as possible, but also don't want it to be 100+ lbs
    2012 TT-RS

Thread Information