Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Why Obama Sucks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. #81 Default  
    Sorry to have hurt your feelings. I'll be more sensitive with you next time.

2. #82 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    It's my opinion, based on what I've seen, locally. That many on assistance use or have used drugs. However. It's not usually the recipient, it's who they're with.
    Anecdotal evidence means absolutely nothing. We'll call your example 5 people(2 adults, 3 children), that's 5 people out of the ~110m in this country that receive government assistance.
    "It was more passionate than just cuddling"

3. #83 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
    Sorry to have hurt your feelings. I'll be more sensitive with you next time.
    Didnt hurt my feelings bro. Maybe if you actually made more than one yearly appearance here you might know what does and doesn't.

See you next year

4. #84 Default Why Obama Sucks 
    Quote Originally Posted by splatt View Post
    Anecdotal evidence means absolutely nothing. We'll call your example 5 people(2 adults, 3 children), that's 5 people out of the ~110m in this country that receive government assistance.
    That's one example from what I've seen. I've seen more.

You have your opinion on the topic and I have mine.

I pay ALOT of money in taxes yearly. And it goes up every year. So I think any tax paying individual should be able to have an opinion.

I also feel as I should have a say of where my hard earned money goes. Nothing wrong with that

5. #85 Default  
    I also feel as I should have a say of where my hard earned money goes. Nothing wrong with that
    I just spent most of my $15k in Healthcare subsides savings on my new watch, so think you guys could kick in some more tax dollars to help a brother out?

6. #86 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJew View Post
    I just spent most of my $15k in Healthcare subsides savings on my new watch, so think you guys could kick in some more tax dollars to help a brother out?
    I have mixed feelings. You paid in for what? 30 years? At least you're getting something back.

Happy to take a Rolex off your hands for free99 if you're feeling guilty though

7. #87 Default  
    It's my opinion, based on what I've seen, locally. That many on assistance use or have used drugs. However. It's not usually the recipient, it's who they're with.

For example.

When I lived in Dedham, my brand new $2k/mo place back in 09, that some of you had been to., couldn't fill have the building. Nearby roslindale was renovating the beach st. Projects and they moved tenants to my building. Living next to me. Paying $0. The state paid for it. The woman and her baby's father next to me, told me- and I quote "he makes all the money doing what he do, that's why I drive the benzo, but the state pays for us to live here because I have 3 kids."

Now based on what I saw. 2 of the kids were with the guy she was living with. The other I had seen leave with their father.

Both dads, newer BMWs. Her 5ish year old Benz. She doesn't need assistance. She's just working the system because it's broken and she can.

Did she do drugs. Nope. Not that I know of. But the BF wreaked of weed daily. And he surely didn't work a 9-5 gig.

These are the people that have been enabled, and continue to be enabled by our government. And our President has nothing nothing for reform, and to stop it.
    Without the system they're abusing, the kids would basically be in a homeless shelter when mom and babydaddy break up. They didn't choose their parents, and at least the housing assistance can't be spent on anything else.

Say she's getting 100% of her rent paid at $24000/yr. Would you be willing to add 1 more person to the state payroll to catch her? Consider, now, that the state doesn't pay great but it's better than retail pay. You'll also owe that employee a pension and lifetime health insurance for their entire family. The employee is also a forever cost. If all fraud is ended in a year, that person's still going to be warming a seat in front of an empty desk until retirement.

If it really bothered you that much and preventing welfare fraud is very important to you, did you report the abuse to the relevant agencies?

-Justin

8. #88 Default  
    I have mixed feelings. You paid in for what? 30 years? At least you're getting something back.

Happy to take a Rolex off your hands for free99 if you're feeling guilty though
    Yea I had many years where I had tax bills like $219k so not like I'm going to ever come close to breaking even, at least I never got audited

9. #89 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    Without the system they're abusing, the kids would basically be in a homeless shelter when mom and babydaddy break up. They didn't choose their parents, and at least the housing assistance can't be spent on anything else.

Say she's getting 100% of her rent paid at $24000/yr. Would you be willing to add 1 more person to the state payroll to catch her? Consider, now, that the state doesn't pay great but it's better than retail pay. You'll also owe that employee a pension and lifetime health insurance for their entire family. The employee is also a forever cost. If all fraud is ended in a year, that person's still going to be warming a seat in front of an empty desk until retirement.

If it really bothered you that much and preventing welfare fraud is very important to you, did you report the abuse to the relevant agencies?

-Justin
    I did not. But my upstairs neighbor did. As he felt the same way I did. The night time visitors of other apartments put him over the edge. I was there for another month. But in that month nothing changed. Whoever is in charge I'm sure still hasn't gotten around to it

10. #90 Default  
    Didnt hurt my feelings bro. Maybe if you actually made more than one yearly appearance here you might know what does and doesn't.

See you next year
    I used to think talking bad about mustangs would hurt your feelings. But now I don't even know, since you are all about the viper.
    Oh Yeah!

11. #91 Default  
    I did not. But my upstairs neighbor did. As he felt the same way I did. The night time visitors of other apartments put him over the edge. I was there for another month. But in that month nothing changed. Whoever is in charge I'm sure still hasn't gotten around to it
    It's a problem with government bureaucracy. The more recipients there are, the more people are needed to administer the program. There's job security for the entire department to keep those section 8 units full.

I think your neighbors are a pretty good illustration of the problem with programs like these. Lifetime entitlements are harmful to the recipients. It's the opposite of growth - it's total stagnation.

There is no ladder to climb - no section 9 that gets you a nicer house, etc. It's a complete dis-incentive to try hard. If you want nicer stuff, you have to obtain them off the books or risk your benefits.

In order for these to be a safety net, there has to be a way to transition off of the benefits and back to where you should be in the workforce. I admittedly don't know much about this, but I don't believe there is much in place to encourage this transition.

I certainly think I'd be able to find a lot more cases of abuse than success stories if I wanted to spend the evening depressing myself with google.

-Justin

White Hairdresser's Car, Orange Car with Hand-Built Engine (Like AMG) and 6-Speed (Not like AMG)

12. #92 Default  
    Ok fuck Obama...any dick pics yet?

13. #93 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJew View Post
    Yea I had many years where I had tax bills like $219k so not like I'm going to ever come close to breaking even, at least I never got audited
    Wasn't most of your company's income from selling items to the government? I'd say you're already past even.

-Justin

14. #94 Default  
    So many things I want to respond to, I'm not going to get to everything. I'll pick a few.

1) military spending - I call BS that we are spending too much. Military like everything else is an industry. It's an industry that supports American families. The by product of military spending is national security.

If you can't find a job, instead of getting state support, go into the military if you are an able body.

2) Drug tests for welfare. The tests itself doesn't have to be cost effective. It's the message it sends. It's a deterrent.

3) Taxes. I think I get more out of it then the amount I paid. In roads and public services (fire/police etc.) alone I get my share of benefits back. Then again I also do a lot of state and federal projects, so I can understand both sides of the argument. I don't think national debt is bad anyhow.

As a side note, I think people often misguide their frustration. People get upset about welfare recipients, people upset about corporations. But in reality, things aren't so bad. At least not until the next economic crisis.

PS. Fatmike's GAMG is more badass than Obama's ride
    Last edited by cheu_f50; 09-08-2015 at 08:36 PM.
    Oh Yeah!

15. #95 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by chasem3 View Post
    Ok fuck Obama...any dick pics yet?

16. #96 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheu_f50 View Post
    I used to think talking bad about mustangs would hurt your feelings. But now I don't even know, since you are all about the viper.
    I'm so torn on that. Currently in a group text with mat and cristov debating the merits of each and other cars

17. #97 Default  
    I'm so torn on that. Currently in a group text with mat and cristov debating the merits of each and other cars
    gt350racing.net or bust.
    "It was more passionate than just cuddling"

18. #98 Default  
    Hahaha. That's one big dick.

Why are we talking about taxes in an Obama thread? Generally, taxes are as low as they have been since the vagina/Cheney era. Also, you want to talk goverent spending, look up obamas first bills - froze White House salaries, audited the shit out of every government program I think. Yes entitlement programs rose at the same time but historically stupid government spending was his first agenda item. All this in the face of shitty economic times we came out on top of and reduced the level Of deficit growth. If you look at a line chart of the growth of the deficit, it levels off under the current admin.

19. #99 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by chasem3 View Post
    Hahaha. That's one big dick.

Why are we talking about taxes in an Obama thread? Generally, taxes are as low as they have been since the vagina/Cheney era. Also, you want to talk goverent spending, look up obamas first bills - froze White House salaries, audited the shit out of every government program I think. Yes entitlement programs rose at the same time but historically stupid government spending was his first agenda item. All this in the face of shitty economic times we came out on top of and reduced the level Of deficit growth. If you look at a line chart of the growth of the deficit, it levels off under the current admin.
    People kept going down that rabbit hole after I mentioned how I didn't want my tax money going to certain things

20. #100 Default  
    You are just a misunderstood man!

But I agree with you. When there is a lack of trust in politics and politicians, we should question where taxes are going. If we were all happy, driving shelbys, nobody would care

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Thread Information