Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Any Armor Plated civilian cars for sale?

1. #1 Default Any Armor Plated civilian cars for sale? 
    Thought this forum might know hehe... I once looked at a Grand Cherokee LTD that had some form of dual pane ballistic windows. Would have cost a few grand more than other same yr GCs.. it was White, I went with a Range Rover instead.

Owner was in a cash business, clubs etc..

How about the Guards Edition of the BMW 7 series of the late 90s? Aside from added weight, and the effect on handling and MPG, any other first hand experiences?

2. #2 Default  
    http://www.alpineco.com/

Those guys to armored cars, not sure what level is legal in the US for private use. They also seem to have cars built in stock ready to ship.
    Matt

3. #3 Default  
    I can't see why any level of armor wouldn't be legal for private use. As long as there's no police badging or offensive weapons it should be fine.

Just make sure to put the front plate on.

-Justin

4. #4 Default  
    My grandfather had MB guard cars.. All s600 for years. They always ate brakes due to weight. I assume 15 years on the tech has improved a ton.
    Bath salts and dick pills

5. #5 Default  
    Sometimes you can pick up an old police spec cruiser with ballistic plating in the doors. They will have a badge stating they do.
    '00 Mercury Cougar V6 5spd | '13 Ford Fusion SE 2.0l Ecoboost | My site: Skolenimation

6. #6 Default  
    According to Burn Notice, you could just stuff the doors with phone books.

-Justin

7. #7 Default  
    buy from manufacture only unless you have very specific needs. lot can go wrong here. its not like a car stereo you can test. you need to be confident all the systems work together in order to be assured protection. Range rover sentinel is a nice start.
    I am not a 14 year old girl, but I play one on the internet.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say 'I don't know what these dangly things are, but I am going to yank on them and drink whatever comes out.'

Thread Information