Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Change Gauges to White?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. #81 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    why doesn't it work?
    When I first put together it was with the wrong height needles, when I snapped it all together it pushed that needle hub in which pushed the drive shaft out of motor. I doubt dealer would fix this and would just tell me I need a new cluster. I could probably bring to an electronics shop to fix but what the fuck, I'll give it a shot. Nothing ventured nothing gained, except for buying new cluster

2. #82 Default  
    You know that by spring you will have a yellow tach, right?

3. #83 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
    You know that by spring you will have a yellow tach, right?
    I'm not Asian, but maybe a new R8V10 Plus. They just released prices for U.S, better than I thought. V10 Plus $189,900, comes very loaded with lots of CF and ceramic brakes, only a couple other things I would add so price would be under $200k, that is a huge savings over a loaded Huracan that would be close to $300k with same amount of cf. Anyone want to buy R8? You get Supercharger for free

4. #84 Default  
    That supercharger cost more than the MSRP of any car I've owned.

Do want. Can't have - unless you really want to get generous on my trade-in or very creative with the financing.

-Justin

5. #85 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by BadJew View Post
    I'm not Asian, but maybe a new R8V10 Plus. They just released prices for U.S, better than I thought. V10 Plus $189,900, comes very loaded with lots of CF and ceramic brakes, only a couple other things I would add so price would be under $200k, that is a huge savings over a loaded Huracan that would be close to $300k with same amount of cf. Anyone want to buy R8? You get Supercharger for free
    Gotta enjoy that supercharger for at least a year. New R8 is still like the same as your car with fancier displays but no stick and 200 fewer hp. I'd be in no rush to make that switch.

6. #86 Default  
    the interior sure looks like a nice place to be.
    Father of Phiff

7. #87 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Gotta enjoy that supercharger for at least a year. New R8 is still like the same as your car with fancier displays but no stick and 200 fewer hp. I'd be in no rush to make that switch.
    but but it will be blue....

but yea I will wait till next year before getting

8. #88 Default  
    it is next year. 2016

and the blue is amazing.
    Father of Phiff

9. #89 Default  
    but but it will be blue....

but yea I will wait till next year before getting
    Kev can hook you up with a guy to plasti-dip it blue.
    Oh Yeah!

10. #90 Default  
    After 5 hrs of surgery the patient is doing well. Gas gauge and coolant temp gauge which also wasnt working are both working fine. I'm pretty surprised I was able to accomplish this. I experimented first on the used cluster, besides having to separate cluster I had to remove p.c board from behind where gauges are. Then disassemble the 2 little motors and realign gears to shaft that had pushed out. Then put back together. Was pretty surprised when I got it all mounted back in car and turned key everything worked

11. #91 Default  
    nice scott! glad to hear its finally all together and working properly

12. #92 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    nice scott! glad to hear its finally all together and working properly
    Thanks, can't wait for spring so you can drive car. You have a lot of driving time in my car so curious to hear what you think now with extra power. I will make sure pedabox is off

13. #93 Default  
    After 5 hrs of surgery the patient is doing well. Gas gauge and coolant temp gauge which also wasnt working are both working fine. I'm pretty surprised I was able to accomplish this. I experimented first on the used cluster, besides having to separate cluster I had to remove p.c board from behind where gauges are. Then disassemble the 2 little motors and realign gears to shaft that had pushed out. Then put back together. Was pretty surprised when I got it all mounted back in car and turned key everything worked
    That's awesome. It's pretty great that you are willing to do your own work on that car. I would expect most R8 owners to just have something like this done for them without even attempting it first.

-Justin

14. #94 Default  
    More gauges now, put on P3 vent gauge shows Coolant Temp, Intake Air Temp, Exhaust Gas Temp, Throttle Plate, Speed, RPM with Shift-light, Battery voltage. Also has 0-60 reading, You just go to that and "Ready" comes up, then when car starts moving it starts counting and stops when you hit 60

15. #95 Default  
    That's pretty awesome. Looks OEM.

16. #96 Default  
    Thanks, I could have bought just the display and modify my vent to put it in but I didnt want to screw around figuring I would break something. So I ordered it with it already installed in a stock OEM vent

17. #97 Default  
    really nice. I am surprised how much vent you still have left, which is a good thing, IMO. I have seen similar pods in various cars and they cover almost all, or the entire vent, which to me detracts from the oem look. That one looks perfect.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Thread Information