Detailers Domain
Wicked CAS
Driven Perfection
Light Innovation
Kaizen Tuning
Aston Martin of New England

Thread: Installed Dash Cam

1. #1 Default Installed Dash Cam 
    With all the F&^ktards on the road, I was thinking of adding a dash cam system to my daily driver.

All the systems I have found just kind of sit on the dash. I am really looking for a system I can install (runs off the car battery) and is hidden. Front and rear are the most needed, but side would also be nice. Audio recording is not necessary, also don't really need GPS.

Does anyone know of a system? My net search did not yield much
    I am not a 14 year old girl, but I play one on the internet.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say 'I don't know what these dangly things are, but I am going to yank on them and drink whatever comes out.'

2. #2 Default  
    Blog Entries
    I recently had a Black Vue single camera system installed at AVI... Will post my review. They have a 2 camera unit as well. That would be the way I would go
    The disease runs deep, relapses often, not looking for a cure, just another sick bastard to share it with.

3. #3 Default  
    The BlackVue 2 Channel DR650GW-2CH is the most popular choice with good reviews.

I have a cheapie G1WH that I have mounted to my rearview mirror stalk and hardwired into a fuse panel. It works great, but I only have the single camera up front.
    -Mike
    2006 Quarter Pounder Sport GT with cheese.

4. #4 Default  
    As with what everyone else has said, Blackvue is the only good quality dash cam with both front and rear cameras, and I don't believe there are any that monitor all around. You can pretty much hardwire any dashcam in with something like this though. Personally I just use a Street Guardian SG9665GC because of it's size and video quality.

5. #5 Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by kynryt View Post
    As with what everyone else has said, Blackvue is the only good quality dash cam with both front and rear cameras, and I don't believe there are any that monitor all around. You can pretty much hardwire any dashcam in with something like this though. Personally I just use a Street Guardian SG9665GC because of it's size and video quality.
    What is a typical price? Do most cams only face forward, or can some record the interior (vid and sound?)

6. #6 Default  
    Prices for dash cams vary from $30-40 up to $400.

I have a cheap Chinese cam in my truck, but the quality is surprisingly good. Mine's several years old at this point. I got it before the newer dual view cameras.

There are more choices now for ones that record interior now. If you're doing uber or Lyft, I'd highly suggest one.
    -Mike
    2006 Quarter Pounder Sport GT with cheese.

7. #7 Default  
    I would really like to find one that I can hide
    I am not a 14 year old girl, but I play one on the internet.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say 'I don't know what these dangly things are, but I am going to yank on them and drink whatever comes out.'

Thread Information